Depth Chart when Boozer comes back.

Moderators: Inigo Montoya, FJS

Pappyman
Junior
And1: 0

Depth Chart when Boozer comes back. 

Post#1 » by Pappyman » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:46 am

As a strong believer that players should not lose their starting positions if they get injured, I just cannot bring myself to not put Boozer back in the starting lineup when he gets back. Let's not forget that he was averaging nearly 21 points and 12 rebounds per game before he got injured. I also believe that Paul Millsap should not be relegated to the bench when Carlos comes back. He has been the Jazz's most consistent player in Boozer's absence. Here is my proposal: Why not start both of them? It became very clear last season that we were not going to win a championship with a Boozer/Memo/Andrei frontcourt. Why not try this line up?

PG: Deron Williams, Brevin Knight, Ronnie Price
SG: C.J. Miles, Kyle Korver, Morris Almond
SF: Ronnie Brewer, Matt Harpring, Morris Almond
PF: Paul Millsap, Andrei Kirilenko, Kosta Koufos
C: Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur, Kosta Koufos

This would be my ideal depth chart. Boozer has to be a starter. He opens up things for the other players on the floor and can score when called upon. The Jazz's starting lineup would have a great amount of athleticism and scoring ability. The first string bench players would all be former starters with a great deal of experience and ability to bring energy to the game if it is lacking. Even though people criticize Boozer for his defense, he was actually playing quite good defense before he got injured and plays really well defensively on the low block. He has the strength to force people out of their "sweet" spots on the low post and can absolutely DOMINATE a game with his rebounding ability.
farkingidiot
Freshman
And1: 5

Re: Depth Chart when Boozer comes back. 

Post#2 » by farkingidiot » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:04 pm

I like it and I see your logic, BUT, I think there needs to be some way to find more minutes for Koufos. He's a smart kid, and to borrow the cliche, has all the tools, to be an impact player. Far as I'm concerned, Harping should only be seeing spot minutes, at best. Hold his creaky butt in reserve. I'd like to se AK slide over and take the backup SF minutes you've allotted to Harpring. When Koufos comes in, Okur slids to PF.

I think that Koufos development this year might be key for this year's playoffs.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,155

Post#3 » by jazzfan1971 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:49 pm

Here's how I'd do it.

PG: Deron (35), Knight (13)
SG: Miles (20), Korver (20), Brewer (8.0)
SF: Brewer (20), AK (28)
PF: Millsap (28), Boozer (20)
C: Boozer (15), Okur (33)

9 man rotation. Sorry Kufos, you need foul trouble or a blowout to get in there.

35 Deron
35 Boozer
33 Okur
28 Millsap
28 AK
28 Brewer
20 Korver
20 Miles
13 Knight
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
schneiderjazz
Assistant Coach
And1: 19

Post#4 » by schneiderjazz » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:10 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:Here's how I'd do it.

PG: Deron (35), Knight (13)
SG: Miles (20), Korver (20), Brewer (8.0)
SF: Brewer (20), AK (28)
PF: Millsap (28), Boozer (20)
C: Boozer (15), Okur (33)

9 man rotation. Sorry Kufos, you need foul trouble or a blowout to get in there.

35 Deron
35 Boozer
33 Okur
28 Millsap
28 AK
28 Brewer
20 Korver
20 Miles
13 Knight

The only thing I'd change here is giving AK 33 minutes and Korver 15. Pretty much agree with everything else.
Pappyman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Pappyman » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:09 pm

farkingidiot wrote:I like it and I see your logic, BUT, I think there needs to be some way to find more minutes for Koufos. He's a smart kid, and to borrow the cliche, has all the tools, to be an impact player. Far as I'm concerned, Harping should only be seeing spot minutes, at best. Hold his creaky butt in reserve. I'd like to se AK slide over and take the backup SF minutes you've allotted to Harpring. When Koufos comes in, Okur slids to PF.

I think that Koufos development this year might be key for this year's playoffs.

Ok. How about something like this then?
PG: Deron Williams, Brevin Knight, Ronnie Price
SG: C.J. Miles, Kyle Korver, Morris Almond
SF: Ronnie Brewer, Andrei Kirilenko, Matt Harpring
PF: Paul Millsap, Mehmet Okur, Kosta Koufos
C: Carlos Boozer, Kosta Koufos, Mehmet Okur
Soul Patch
RealGM
And1: 920

Post#6 » by Soul Patch » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:33 pm

The only problem I'd have is that AK, Millsap, and Knight wouldn't play together very much. Those three seemed to have a lot chemistry and were really fun to watch.
Jugs wrote:Fark orf slet kent dome wuote ujquote exp

Return to Utah Jazz