And1: 124

New Paul Pierce /Matt Harpring video 

Post#1 » by jozef » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:17 pm

Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Re: New Paul Pierce /Matt Harpring video 

Post#2 » by Lava Rock Kid » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:31 pm

I dont get this video. Is it supposed to be about how great harping is? he is lucky paul didnt dunk on him. Harp did nothing great.

You should show the break away wide open layup that harping had and missed.
jozef
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by jozef » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:59 pm

He blocked him and rebounded it. Nothing great? You must be his biggest fan cause you keep such a high standard for him.
schneiderjazz
Assistant Coach
And1: 19

Post#4 » by schneiderjazz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:14 pm

Honestly , Jozef, I'm gonna stop trying to argue with you, cause you're either joking or you just won't admit Harp isa not that good anymore. In that game, he also had 3 fouls and missed all 3 of his shots in 10 minutes. He had 4 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 block, which is nice, but his overall contribution was subpar.
I wouldn't mind have Harpring on the team if he was making about 1 or 2 million a year and playing around 5 minutes a game or 10 when one of our wings is hurt. But at 6.5, we should trade him for an expiring if anyone is willing to offer one.
Tabasco
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#5 » by Tabasco » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:40 pm

Matt Harpring is probably one of the top 5 players in the league. That video proves it
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#6 » by HammerDunk » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:11 pm

Cmon guys, it was a good play. Let the guy enjoy his Harpring moments, they are pretty few and far between. I'm surprised there was no foul called to be honest.
Word is, South Beach is ecstatic that they
won't be seeing Millsaps talents again this season...
jozef
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by jozef » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:29 pm

schneiderjazz, his aggressivity returned us back to that game. (all 3 shots = missed layup with push into his back, missed open jumper, missed tough tip shot when 4 players fought for rebound).
Yes, I enjoy moments when people who bash Harp get exposed.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#8 » by The Sheik » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:14 pm

jozef wrote:Yes, I enjoy moments when people who bash Harp get exposed.

Yet when Harp sucks 80% of the time you dont own up to anything. :lol: :lol:
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#9 » by The Sheik » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:14 pm

aggressivity is the word of the day.
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#10 » by Duiz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:40 pm

Don't worry man, my last girl still lives in Bratislava.
ColdBlue
Assistant Coach
And1: 16

Post#11 » by ColdBlue » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:12 pm

Does anyone have a gag?
jozef
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by jozef » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:23 pm

Harp does not suck. He may miss a shot or two in those short stints on the floor but his rebounding and defense are above average. Period. Did you see that offensive rebound and save in the end of 3rd Q at New Jersey? Absolutely amazing. Jerry got mad on Javie on that play.

Of course we all hope for bigger role for Matt, to be worth every penny of his 6M per season, but we should be realistic, after such a long rehabbing he needs to come slowly. If he gets 15 minutes per game in January, 20 mpg after All-Star break and 24 for playoffs then we all be happy again.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#13 » by The Sheik » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:41 pm

jozef wrote:Harp does not suck. He may miss a shot or two in those short stints on the floor but his rebounding and defense are above average. Period. Did you see that offensive rebound and save in the end of 3rd Q at New Jersey? Absolutely amazing. Jerry got mad on Javie on that play.

Of course we all hope for bigger role for Matt, to be worth every penny of his 6M per season, but we should be realistic, after such a long rehabbing he needs to come slowly. If he gets 15 minutes per game in January, 20 mpg after All-Star break and 24 for playoffs then we all be happy again.

but your talking about singular instances. Can you tell me actual games this season that Matt was the reason we won? hell no. You over exaggerate about everything that man does on the court. I mean literally everything. "Did you see the way Matt drank his vitamin water?" "Matt lathers himself in the shower like man." "Matt Harpring bailed out the auto industry." "Did you see how Matt shanked that israeli delta force sub commander?"

Give it up Brozef. Just stop saying sh^+ like Matt Harpring is an above average defender...because then I reply with stuff like John Salmons and everyone remembers the time we lost 2 games because Sloan stuck him on Salmons.

Yes Matt Harpring scores 14 pts in 11 mins, Matt dives for a ball, Matt questionably blocks Pierce and gets a rebound. Those are literally the highlights of his season. Almond has had more highlights then that.

I like Matt Harpring as a person. His wife and my cousin went to Med school together. I sat next to Matt at her wedding and have met him several other times and he is a stand up guy. The reality is his knee is bone on bone and he is not, nor ever will be the player he was for the Jazz 3-4 yrs ago. There is nothing wrong with that, but there is something wrong when you glorify him like he is the second coming of Bird or something. I mean hell this entire board is game threads, Boozer related threads and Matt Harpring threads and thats it. Make all the I want Matts balls on my forehead videos you want, just put them in one thread.

The real reality is that his best attribute is collin-esque in the sense that he draws fouls. Thats the only thing he has done consistently well this season.

Matt Harpring averages more fouls per game then points in his last 5 games.
jozef
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by jozef » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:06 pm

There are two video threads.
He draws more fouls than he makes.
Salmons myth was debunked a while ago.

Well, no other Jazz wing can rebound on the offense as well as Matt can. I was disgusted yesterday when I saw Vince Carter backing down Brewer for short jumper (Kobe deja-vu). That's not going to happen with Matt Harpring. He can score on curl jumpers an cuts but it's team game, you need help (inside presence) and he needs rhythm, it's not easy to enter the game in the start of 4th Q and be ready with his jumpers. What's important is that he can contribute no matter what kind of competition he faces. Superstars had to fight for their lives on both ends of the floor when meet him. You can screw about his limited playing time as much as you can but that's all what you can do.
sodapop
Sophomore

Post#15 » by sodapop » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:25 pm

Jozef isn't any further off than the Harpring parrots. He wears down players on defense affecting their offense. As a role player he makes the team better. What more do you want?
cjs55
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#16 » by cjs55 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:05 pm

He played alright last game. But can you really justify him taking minutes from Brewer in that spot? AK had played poorly, I'll give you that, but Brewer had played very well. Brewer when playing well is so much more of an effective basketball player, I just can't fathom putting Harpring in. The only time I'd put Harpring in is a specific matchup like Artest, or if our team is really lackadaisical and needs to start knocking some people, and themselves, on the floor.
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#17 » by carrottop12 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:20 pm

That solves it, if the Lakers want to win a championship they need Matt Harpring to shut down Paul Pierce.

I think a Harpring for Lamar Odom trade might just be in the mix. I worry about that trade though, I don't want the Jazz to give up too much to get him in Harpring.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#18 » by The Sheik » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:25 pm

jozef wrote:Salmons myth was debunked a while ago.

Explain? Because I constantly see Matt Harpring get beat on Defense. How can it be a myth when he punished matt harpring over and over again defensively. Oh wait it wasnt his fault, right?

jozef wrote: Superstars had to fight for their lives on both ends of the floor when meet him.

That is the most asinine thing I have ever heard in my life.

Where do you come up with this crazy stuff?

You're either (Please Use More Appropriate Word) or on drugs and I hope its the latter.

I think its pointless talking to you because you're thick headed and will never admit that matt harpring is an average at best role player, but its so fun hearing the stupid things you say.
jozef
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by jozef » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:54 pm

The Sheik wrote:
jozef wrote:Salmons myth was debunked a while ago.

Explain? Because I constantly see Matt Harpring get beat on Defense. How can it be a myth when he punished matt harpring over and over again defensively. Oh wait it wasnt his fault, right?
jozef wrote: Superstars had to fight for their lives on both ends of the floor when meet him.

That is the most asinine thing I have ever heard in my life.
Where do you come up with this crazy stuff?
You're either (Please Use More Appropriate Word) or on drugs and I hope its the latter.
I think its pointless talking to you because you're thick headed and will never admit that matt harpring is an average at best role player, but its so fun hearing the stupid things you say.

Salmons had great 4 minutes when he hit floater, jumper, and was fouled twice by Millsap and once by Okur. He probably got hot in those 3 minutes and killed Harpring . Salmons scored 21 points in 27 minutes. However in big picture:
1) the Jazz were down by 3 with 7:29 to go when Harp returned to the bench, the Jazz lost 107-117
2) right after Harpring's return to the bench, Salmons hit 2 FT's after AK's foul, then Artest FOUR consecutive driving layups were splitted by Salmons' dunk, Garcia iced the game with 2 treys
3) Kings shot 47 FT's in that game
4) 1 week before that game Salmons scored 22 points in 35 mins on the Jazz against AK and Brew
5) in next 19 games after that game Salmons scored 21+ points 10 times
P.S. 3 weeks ago Salmons scored 20 points in 29 minutes (Harpring DNP).
Harp bashers probably cannot come up with any other name than Salmons.

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695275098,00.html
A year ago, when Houston and Utah danced during the postseason, Rockets star Tracy McGrady called him "a nasty player" on the defensive end of the floor.
This year, Shane Battier of the Rockets compared him to a football player.
At least a couple NBA general managers, according to a survey conducted earlier this season, consider him the "toughest" player in the NBA.

Do you remember how hard Kobe had to work against him? Probably not.
http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Jazz_head_back_to_Utah_with_2-268638-34.html
"I didn't have anything," said McGrady, who finished with 23 points, 13 rebounds and nine assists. "I had no legs. I was on empty. Banging with Matt Harpring, trying to rebound, trying to make plays for my team, trying to score, playing 43 minutes. That's a lot."

I'm not (Please Use More Appropriate Word), I'm not on drugs, I just love to discuss with you.

Return to Utah Jazz