Re: Milsap is the MAN! 

Post#2 » by fivas14 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:32 am

YOU GOT TO LOVE IT BABY
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#3 » by HammerDunk » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:44 am

Seriously, this guy has major brass nuggets. I didn't see the injury, but I heard it was bad looking. I hope we have seen the end of it, though I doubt it.

One thing is for sure. I have decided to hold out for Boozer to come back and see how the team looks with him, but after this, I think this cements Sap as OUR GUY! He is tough, something we have been lacking when Boozer is in there. I think it is going to be tough to hang onto him, since I think a lot of the league will be drooling over him at the end of the season. I hope the Jazz show they are committed to him. Just an unbelievable work ethic and passion to play the game, which can be rare in today's league, and I hope Sap doesn't lose it when he gets his due. I am very impressed with him.

BTW, is anyone else sick and tired of the CIRCUIT CITY ads that are mostly invisible? I have clicked on them so many times without seeing them!
Word is, South Beach is ecstatic that they
won't be seeing Millsaps talents again this season...
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#4 » by carrottop12 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:42 am

Trade Boozer. I want more talent on this team, having Booze is nice, but the Jazz have their future PF in Millsap. Get a talented C or another guard on the team to help Deron and lets move towards the future.
Soul Patch
RealGM
And1: 920

Post#5 » by Soul Patch » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:33 pm

"I felt like I just had one leg," said Millsap, who finished with 11 points and nine rebounds. "Trying to run, jump off of it, trying to play defense. But like I said, it's a man's game out there. The team needed me and I came back and tried to help."

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_11300163

I love me some Mansap, he's a true Jazz Man. In the same mold as the Mailman and Stockton in terms of toughness. I really can't say enough about him, once we get a solid back-up for him we'll start winning games again. I think this is the game that turns him into that hard nose intimidator in the paint, the one that lays fools out and aint give a damn.
Jugs wrote:Fark orf slet kent dome wuote ujquote exp
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#6 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:44 pm

To be honest, if Boozer comes back and Millsap is healthy (we don't know how bad his knee is), I'm all for bringing Boozer off the bench. Start Memo-Millsap, with AK-Boozer off the bench. Good offense-defense combination on both fronts.
Siempre con mi isla del encanto!!
Soul Patch
RealGM
And1: 920

Post#7 » by Soul Patch » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:10 pm

I don't think Boozer would be down for that but if he is I'm all for it. AK-Boozer-Knight bench is without a doubt the best in the league.
Jugs wrote:Fark orf slet kent dome wuote ujquote exp
seejaydeja
Lead Assistant
And1: 53

Post#8 » by seejaydeja » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:18 pm

If we brought Booz in off the bench, it wouldn't matter if he was getting 40 minutes a game. He would secretly demand a trade. We all know now where Booz's priorities stand, and him coming off the bench sure won't help him get his "raise" this offseason.

If Booz had 1/16 of Millsaps heart and determination, he would have been back a week after he got injured.
@ndrew
Analyst
And1: 198

Post#9 » by @ndrew » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:54 pm

Millsap is questionable for Friday.... what's next? Koufos injury?
It seems like AK is going to play PF next game. :rolleye:
S2Minem
Freshman

Post#10 » by S2Minem » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:50 pm

@ndrew wrote:Millsap is questionable for Friday.... what's next? Koufos injury?
It seems like AK is going to play PF next game. :rolleye:
Don't worry; after 18 minutes of therapy between now and Friday, Man will be ready to play.

(He'd better be; I'm in town for the game--and Christmas, too--and I have tickets . . . .)
sodapop
Sophomore

Post#11 » by sodapop » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:49 pm

Millsap out 7-10 days.

Return to Utah Jazz