Playoff Seedings

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Sloanfeld
Banned User
And1: 0

Playoff Seedings 

Post#1 » by Sloanfeld » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:16 am

Ok when Boozer comes back this is pretty much the same team as last season with the exception of Koufos who probably won't get much burn in the playoffs if we are healthy. The only difference is whether the injuries will have any effect, particularly on DW, on the players performance.

When you look at the standings, we all know that the only two teams in the West that we probably can't beat are LA and SA, and the rest are beatable WITHOUT home court advantage. If we could somehow avoid LA and SA through the first two rounds then it wouldn't even make a difference whether we are the four or seven seed. Who honestly thinks any of those other teams beat us in a seven game series?

#1 Seed was already lost when DW had to come back to the sidelines after the Wizards game. We only have five eastern road games left and with Boozer seemingly pretty close to coming back, the worst part of our season is over.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/standings;_ ... sW07C8vLYF

This picture doesn't worry me too much, we aren't very far behind the other teams. Hang in there guys we will be back.
fivas14
Banned User

Re: Playoff Seedings 

Post#2 » by fivas14 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:31 am

8. Utah
outerspacefella
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#3 » by outerspacefella » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:56 pm

Why are you so confident the Jazz will make playoffs?
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#4 » by Ming Kong! » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:37 pm

Maybe because we are just outside the playoffs with all the injuries we've had. We're actually zero gamess behind Phoenix. Hell we're 1.5 games from homecourt, and 2.5 games from 2nd in the west. We're alright.

Deron is still playing at the level of a 2nd or 3rd tier PG at best. I'm not about to blame the recent losses on Boozer, because we're not going to have him next year. Also we have a ton of our guys in a slump or not playing at their usual level in Miles, Brewer, and Korver. Kirilenko has also quiet down a little of late. When we get some of our cylinders back, we'll get rolling.
outerspacefella
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#5 » by outerspacefella » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:38 pm

I wonder at what extent is Williams confidence affected assuming it really is a matter of confidence....could be far worst that that..); even with a couple of games where he took over, he's running the team far away from a smooth act. By the time we get all our cylinders back (IF we really get them this season...) the other teams will be rolling at full strenght and we will be developing our act together. This season has all the bad signs on it. If the team overcome all the issues an go for a succesfull season, it will be the mark of a really great team.... a really great team that won't be the same by the end of next summer...
Anyway, I'll get my enjoyment raise regardless...
freakazoid
Banned User

Post#6 » by freakazoid » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:34 am

Last year Sloanfailed said we were all stupid for not believing we were the #1 seed, and much better than the Lakers.

This year, his kid sister is outposting him/her. Well, at least he/she hasn't been banned from this board.

Success.
Sloanfeld
Banned User

Post#7 » by Sloanfeld » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:19 pm

freakazoid wrote:Last year Sloanfailed said we were all stupid for not believing we were the #1 seed, and much better than the Lakers.

This year, his kid sister is outposting him/her. Well, at least he/she hasn't been banned from this board.

Success.

Your post makes no sense, but last year you and many other Jazzfanz idiots were pulling hard for the four seed while the one seed was still in reach. Remember, you were SO worried about the big bad Nuggets that you were pulling for teams like the Hornets and Lakers to beat them. LOL

With four days left in the regular season we stil had a shot at the one seed. Nuggets were chicken **** last season.
freakazoid
Banned User

Post#8 » by freakazoid » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:08 pm

Sloanfeld wrote:[
Your post makes no sense, but last year you and many other Jazzfanz idiots were pulling hard for the four seed while the one seed was still in reach. Remember, you were SO worried about the big bad Nuggets that you were pulling for teams like the Hornets and Lakers to beat them. LOL

With four days left in the regular season we stil had a shot at the one seed. Nuggets were chicken **** last season.

As I remember, you called us fools for hoping to win the division, while you pretended we had a chance to win the conference.

I'm guessing since half our team is injured this year, you expect to sweep the Lakers AND Celtics.

Good plan, Sloanfailed.

Give my props to your sister, Sloansuccess.
Sloanfeld
Banned User

Post#9 » by Sloanfeld » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:19 pm

freakazoid wrote:
Sloanfeld wrote:[

As I remember, you called us fools for hoping to win the division, while you pretended we had a chance to win the conference.

I'm guessing since half our team is injured this year, you expect to sweep the Lakers AND Celtics.

Good plan, Sloanfailed.

Give my props to your sister, Sloansuccess.

Nope, you and some other clowns, at the start of February, when we were ROLLING, thought that the Nuggets had a chance and wanted them to lose against teams with better records than we had (NO, LA, PHX-before Shaq trade). We wound up finishing like seven games ahead of them. So I was right, Denver was NOT a threat. No point in opening this thread for your reply, you got owned like the clowns on Jazzfanz did.

Return to Utah Jazz