Jingles resigns

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya, DelaneyRudd

zimpy27
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,727

Re: Jingles resigns 

Post#101 » by zimpy27 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:10 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:
dr0welf wrote:I think he is feeling a lot like I do. Hayward's decision sucked, but I am over it. I like the team we have and I am excited to see how well it goes.

Yes, I think Ingles is excited to get out there and compete with the team we have. Also, with Hayward gone, Ingles will be entering the season for the first time penciled in as starter. Ingles is hopefully embracing this opportunity.

Very true. Rubio, hood, Ingles, favors, Gobert. Donovan, JJ, Burks and Dante off the bench.

It's a good team. Expecting 50 wins
The NBA. Where amassing happens. We are all witless.
dr0welf
Rookie
And1: 87

Post#102 » by dr0welf » Fri Aug 4, 2017 10:41 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:
dr0welf wrote:I think he is feeling a lot like I do. Hayward's decision sucked, but I am over it. I like the team we have and I am excited to see how well it goes.

Yes, I think Ingles is excited to get out there and compete with the team we have. Also, with Hayward gone, Ingles will be entering the season for the first time penciled in as starter. Ingles is hopefully embracing this opportunity.

Very true. Rubio, hood, Ingles, favors, Gobert. Donovan, JJ, Burks and Dante off the bench.

Plus Sefolosha, Udoh and maybe even Jarebko will be contributors as well. They might be a little less known to us, but I see solid players that in Sefo and Udoh's case were getting solid playing time.
stitches
General Manager
And1: 2,842

Post#103 » by stitches » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:43 pm

zero24gravity
Junior
And1: 110

Post#104 » by zero24gravity » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:41 pm

dr0welf wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:

Plus Sefolosha, Udoh and maybe even Jarebko will be contributors as well. They might be a little less known to us, but I see solid players that in Sefo and Udoh's case were getting solid playing time.

I'd almost guarantee that Jerebko is a bigger contributor than Udoh. .... unless the unspeakable happens & we lose Rudy or even Favs for an extended period of time. Jerebko fits next to Gobert or Favors as a complimentary player much more-so than Udoh IMO.

Udoh is likely an insurance policy, i.e. this year's Jeff Withey.
Hikari
Sixth Man
And1: 55

Post#105 » by Hikari » Mon Aug 7, 2017 4:46 pm

stitches wrote:https://streamable.com/ekh78

LMFAO
TNJazz
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#106 » by TNJazz » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:08 pm

stitches wrote:https://streamable.com/ekh78

Leave it to Ingles, he is so smooth both with his shot and his quotable deliveries. I wold love him as a teammate!
Crunch 99
Senior
And1: 65

Post#107 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:42 am

Utah Jazz: Making the case for Joe Ingles as sixth man
https://thejnotes.com/2017/08/12/utah-jazz-case-joe-ingles-sixth-man/2/

I've assumed that Ingles would be starting at SF, but this guy at Purple and Blues (now the JNotes) is making an argument that Thabo should start. His argument basically is that Thabo is an even better defender than Joe, capable of defending elite small forwards, and that Joe's considerable skills at point forward are much needed with the young guys, Exum and Mitchell, who would also presumably be coming off the bench.

No doubt Ingles would be a very helpful, stabilizing influence playing alongside Exum and Mitchell, but I think I want Joe in the starting lineup. Many people are already rating our starting offense with Ingles as subpar, but I think it would be even more subpar with Thabo starting in place of Ingles. Thabo has only shot the three ball at 33.5% the last three seasons compared to Ingles' 40% over the last three seasons. That's a pretty big spread. Though Joe and Thabo have been scoring similar low points, Joe has recently been rated quite a bit higher than Thabo on various offensive rankings. In addition, Ingles has played with Rubio before, played with Rudy before (and Hood and Favors) and can help integrate Rubio in to the new starting offense. Joe seems quite coachable, adaptable and ready to help lead by playing the role in the starting lineup that the Coaches ask him to play. I trust Ingles to make the right play at the right time on offense in the starting lineup whereas I am not so sure about the new guy.

A hopeful Jazz fan.

Return to Utah Jazz