9%

Total votes: 22

eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Re: We should give whatever it takes to get Harden 

Post#21 » by eLo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:08 pm

sip wrote:
eLo wrote:well so as we know right now asking price was not specially high i dont know if harden would like to join Jazz, plus its nice to see that rockets are scr.w, but i agree with author of this topic that wit this bunch of guys and with Gob and Mitchell as leaders we wont win nothing past 2rd
The asking price looked pretty damn high to me. Three unprotected 1sts as well as 4 picks swaps and 2 really good younger players in Levert and Allen.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app

rox get like what levert, then they lost their mind and change that for oladipo, and yes lot of picks but i majority of those wont be specialy high one so i still think that price was quite low, especially for mvp caliber of player
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,313

Post#22 » by sip » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:43 am

eLo wrote:
sip wrote:
eLo wrote:well so as we know right now asking price was not specially high i dont know if harden would like to join Jazz, plus its nice to see that rockets are scr.w, but i agree with author of this topic that wit this bunch of guys and with Gob and Mitchell as leaders we wont win nothing past 2rd
The asking price looked pretty damn high to me. Three unprotected 1sts as well as 4 picks swaps and 2 really good younger players in Levert and Allen.

rox get like what levert, then they lost their mind and change that for oladipo, and yes lot of picks but i majority of those wont be specialy high one so i still think that price was quite low, especially for mvp caliber of player
The first few years of picks will be late 1st but KD has already had a major injury and Kyrie is extremely injury prone. Also we have seen 2 straight situations where Harden pushed for a so called friends in CP and Westbrook but both times it ended bad. Harden may just be an **** that wears on people and I can see major issues with Irving. It wouldn't shock me to see this thing blow up after next year when all 3 stars are free agents. As far as Oladipo goes I think they move him to a contender later in a month or 2 for a couple more 1sts.

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,463

Post#23 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:55 am

Now the Nets need to trade Irving to the Wizards for Westbrook.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#24 » by red4hf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:28 pm

Can you imagine in 2 years when the Nets re-sign Harden, Irving and Durant to new deals? That luxury tax bill is going to be huuuuge......
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#25 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:53 pm

What a weird, but highly talented team. They've already got Irving not playing lately for personal reasons and now they are bringing on another superstar who believes off the court rules and being on time for meetings and practices are rules for other players. Before the trade went down, Stephen A. Smith suggested that Irving should retire because Irving is not committed to playing basketball. And while Kevin Durant seems to be a great professional who can lead by example, I am not sure he is a vocal leader.

They only have a first year coach, Nash, backed up by D'Antoni, who is the coach that let Harden get away with whatever he wanted at Houston.

The Nets have a great shot to win it all based on overwhelming talent, but I don't think they have a leader like Jordan or Lebron who leads both by example and voice, driving excellence and discipline from other players.
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#26 » by Joao Saraiva » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:45 pm

red4hf wrote:Can you imagine in 2 years when the Nets re-sign Harden, Irving and Durant to new deals? That luxury tax bill is going to be huuuuge......

If that's the price of winning a ring... there will be years to get that money back.

Now they're all in as they should. Don't be like Phoenix that might not have won with Nash because of the ownership.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
red4hf

Post#27 » by red4hf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:10 pm

Joao Saraiva wrote:
red4hf wrote:Can you imagine in 2 years when the Nets re-sign Harden, Irving and Durant to new deals? That luxury tax bill is going to be huuuuge......

If that's the price of winning a ring... there will be years to get that money back.

Now they're all in as they should. Don't be like Phoenix that might not have won with Nash because of the ownership.

If they win a ring, and even that is up for a debate...... Durant is a proven winner..... Irving and Harden are not...... They gutted the team to get Harden...... Irving is a basket case, and Harden is not exactly the best teammate if things are not going well......

And there's no plan B......
Joao Saraiva
RealGM

Post#28 » by Joao Saraiva » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:19 pm

red4hf wrote:
Joao Saraiva wrote:

If they win a ring, and even that is up for a debate...... Durant is a proven winner..... Irving and Harden are not...... They gutted the team to get Harden...... Irving is a basket case, and Harden is not exactly the best teammate if things are not going well......

Obviously nothing is guaranteed. But a ring can happen with this trio, so it's time for the all in.

The plan B is blow it up and retool. Happens a lot and there is nothing wrong with it.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
red4hf

Post#29 » by red4hf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:00 pm

Joao Saraiva wrote:
red4hf wrote:
Joao Saraiva wrote:

Obviously nothing is guaranteed. But a ring can happen with this trio, so it's time for the all in.

The plan B is blow it up and retool. Happens a lot and there is nothing wrong with it.

Except you have nothing but cap space to retool with, no draft picks, so even being bad gets you nothing..... Sure you can try to sign and trade Harden or Durant in 2 years, at which time they will be like 35, so what are you going to get for them?

Helps to have an owner with such deep pockets..... Certainly a ballsy move on their part, we'll see how it will work out...... Will be fun to watch either way.......
Joao Saraiva
RealGM

Post#30 » by Joao Saraiva » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:50 pm

red4hf wrote:
Joao Saraiva wrote:
red4hf wrote:

Except you have nothing but cap space to retool with, no draft picks, so even being bad gets you nothing..... Sure you can try to sign and trade Harden or Durant in 2 years, at which time they will be like 35, so what are you going to get for them?

Helps to have an owner with such deep pockets..... Certainly a ballsy move on their part, we'll see how it will work out...... Will be fun to watch either way.......

There is always some kind of deal to make to get draft picks.

Brooklyn seemed to be going nowhere at the begining of 2015 and yet 5 years later they already had KD and Irving guaranteed.
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#31 » by vryadli » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:23 pm

Joao Saraiva wrote:

No, it is a price for making a big splash on market.

Two whiny superstars don't add to a ring, only to some crazy recaps with "Harden beat season record" for something like 3P attempts in last two minutes of 3d quarter and move to the second place on the list of most prolific scores in that stats.

Other than that, even the improvement if their current W/L ration is not given.
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#32 » by vryadli » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:31 pm

Crunch 99 wrote: And while Kevin Durant seems to be a great professional who can lead by example, I am not sure he is a vocal leader.

I agreed with KD being a great professional, but he but he is not just quiet, also looks like a man who is can quietly quit on any team any time and make a quite professional move for better place... which he kind of did a couple times.
red4hf

Post#33 » by red4hf » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:52 pm

Joao Saraiva wrote:
red4hf wrote:
Joao Saraiva wrote:

There is always some kind of deal to make to get draft picks.

Brooklyn seemed to be going nowhere at the begining of 2015 and yet 5 years later they already had KD and Irving guaranteed.

There's no deal for draft picks that make any kind of a difference...... Buying the 25th pick or a few second rounders will not do.....

Return to Utah Jazz