Jazz @ Bulls

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

JazzFan4Life18
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Jazz @ Bulls 

Post#101 » by JazzFan4Life18 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:49 pm

Is Rose a good passer? I haven't seen him pass much, so I don't know.
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#102 » by HammerDunk » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:01 am

Since you're all getting your panties in a bunch over your boy, go ahead and ask yourselves this. How many times have you said, Oh what a sick pass! compared to, Oh what a sick shot/layup! about Rose. That's what I see from Deron when he is in his zone, he makes sick passes, and I'm not talking about dishing the ball when driving to the hoop.
Word is, South Beach is ecstatic that they
won't be seeing Millsaps talents again this season...
d-will8
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#103 » by d-will8 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:30 am

I never said anything about him being a shoot first player. In fact, I specifically said that he wasn't. I also never said anything about Luke Ridnour. However, while I think that there's quite a bit of legitimacy to the argument that Rose scores as much as he does because that's what the Bulls need from him and wouldn't necessarily say that he's not a true point guard, I simply have never seen him display the type of vision and passing ability that Paul and Deron have. Not in college, not in the pros. Maybe he can prove me wrong, but I tend to believe that you either have it or you don't and I don't think he does. That's all I'm saying. That doesn't mean that he won't be a really special player and, again, he could prove me wrong.
Flite
Starter
And1: 2

Post#104 » by Flite » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:01 am

d-will8 - I wasn't going at you in general, sorry for the confusion. It just seems that after every game where Derrick goes for 20+, fans of the other team state he is a combo guard or a shoot first guy, etc. I feel that if his assists didn't move a bit but his scoring was down near 13 or 14 a game there would be none of this talk.

And you're right - he isn't a creative passer to the level of a Deron or Chris or Steve Nash. He never will be, it's something you either have or you don't - as you said. But again, what I'm saying is that if your a PG, you'll get shoot-first or combo guard talk if you average around 20 PPG and aren't up near 9-10 assists. When in reality some guys that are called true point guards and floor generals like Ridnour, are really just guys on the same level playmaking wise but far below in terms of scoring.

It just annoys me that people will call a guy like Ridnour a true PG, then look a a guy like Derrick who is already a better playmaker, and say, well since he averages so many more points than assists he must be a shoot first guy.
d-will8
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#105 » by d-will8 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:58 pm

No worries. It looks like we actually agree on pretty much everything.

Return to Utah Jazz