AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,756

Re: Favors vs a stretch 4 

Post#121 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:19 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Jazz are tight lipped and wouldn't tell Favor's sell his home and get ready to be traded. Now had DF not signed freely in Utah I might think he'd asked to be traded? Smaller house doesn't mean it's not a nicer place? Would read to much into it.

Except that he's already moved out of his SLC house and he 2-3 kids In a 4 bedroom house, why downsize? Also for some reason a lot of the time size of the house is also equal to build quality and housing market in SLC is ridiculous right now, why downsize?

Pool? Location? Could be done having kids? Maybe he's sick of friends and family living under his roof? Sorry guys. Not enough room? :D Why do you think people buy pull out couch? Ever sleep on one of those? :lol: Won't stay long.

I'm not disagreeing with you but his house is bad ass, probably paid for, in a good location, he could always install a pool, etc but why move out when it's not even sold yet, that's the crazy part to me.
Ingles is cooked.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,831

Post#122 » by stitches » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:40 am

ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 549

Post#123 » by ForeverRDjazz » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:47 am

GobertReport wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Except that he's already moved out of his SLC house and he 2-3 kids In a 4 bedroom house, why downsize? Also for some reason a lot of the time size of the house is also equal to build quality and housing market in SLC is ridiculous right now, why downsize?

Pool? Location? Could be done having kids? Maybe he's sick of friends and family living under his roof? Sorry guys. Not enough room? :D Why do you think people buy pull out couch? Ever sleep on one of those? :lol: Won't stay long.

I'm not disagreeing with you but his house is bad ass, probably paid for, in a good location, he could always install a pool, etc but why move out when it's not even sold yet, that's the crazy part to me.

Make it easier to keep clean and show. Stage it and let his agent move it. Who knows? Maybe D Favs asked to be moved? Hope not. I's sure Jazz wouldn't tell him they were moving him. Just not the way the Jazz operate. I'm sure if DF asked to be moved there asking to keep it on the down low until the deal is done. Unlike KI in Cleveland.
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,408

Post#124 » by MalonesElbows » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:03 pm

stitches wrote:
Luigi wrote:
stitches wrote:Oh, I get that. I've never contested that. I think this year will be even bigger test for our offense stretching the limits of playing with fewer and fewer floor stretchers. I have no illusions about the spacing with Favors on the floor. It will never be ideal(unless he starts shooting 3s at a good clip somehow), but Favors+Gobert compensate in other ways for it(for example fielding a 5 points per 100 possessions better defense than the best defense in the league when both of them are on the floor).

Why does everyone fixate on 4s that can shoot, but don't care if your 1, 2, 3, or 5 can shoot? To stretch a defense, you need multiple long range threats on the floor at a time. You can beat a defense with shooting threats, dribble threats, cut threats, pick threats. There are all kinds of ways to beat a defense. But the only one that fans talk about in 2017 is 3 point shooting...from the power forward position exclusively. I mean, our guards can barely stretch the floor right now.

I do care if any of our positions can shoot. That's why I think Rubio is a horrible fit with this team if he's going to play with Favors+Gobert front court. Shooting is not all, but shooting and ability to be a threat to shoot allows for all the other threats to materialize. It's much easier to drive and cut when the help defender from the corner can't even think about leaving his man to help on those drives and cuts for example. I don't think 3p stretching is the only important thing, but I do think it is important. Just watch how differently opponents help off of Dante Exum vs how they help off of George Hill. They give Dante 15+ feet of space and help regularly in the paint off of him. This would mean Favs' defender+Rudy's defender+one more defender cheating off of the corner directly into the paint to stop drives and cuts. It's not ideal. It's important to keep defenses honest with the treat of knocking down shots and making them leave space for the ballhandler and cutters to operate in.

Rubio is at least a 31.5% career 3pt shooter. I'd have to look at synergy to be sure but his wide open looks are probably 35% which means a defender still has to rotate to him. There is no one who will rotate and respect Favors, his defender will remain planted in the lane. Big difference.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: RE: Re: Favors vs a stretch 4 

Post#125 » by sipclip » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:43 pm

GobertReport wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Pool? Location? Could be done having kids? Maybe he's sick of friends and family living under his roof? Sorry guys. Not enough room? :D Why do you think people buy pull out couch? Ever sleep on one of those? Won't stay long.

It is a really nice house but it is only a .32 acre lot which isn't big for a house that size so if you were to build a pool then you would lose most of your yard. Also with him being a celebrity it makes a lot of sense for him to move out while trying to sell it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using RealGM mobile app
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,399

Post#126 » by MTJazzv3 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:58 am

Holy realtor talk! Seriously? I think Favs is just being smart and going to hover in some nice rental until the trade deadline and that is smart. Favs (resurrected) is the Jazz's obvious piece to move as he gets good again but no way the Jazz are going to overpay him given his history. Flip-side is he gets healthy and has a good year but is not yet all the way back and he re-signs with the Jazz for something realistic vs. pie in the sky. Agents are fueling unrealistic salary numbers based on recency bias, (last year), when a lot of ho hum players got signed to ridic contracts. Sobriety returns to the burst bubble and Favors either plays to his uninjured level and then a hot commodity or he improves, fits in to the new Jazz, and re-signs at a reasonable contract. We have Ingles as a benchmark - "I mean, seriously, who needs that much money?" And I agree. How are you going to spend $12MM next year?

Over-inflation of less than needle moving athletes seeking MAX, (I see you Wiggins et al), is going to separate the smart franchises from the dumb ones/so rich it doesn't matter. I honestly think the NBA is making a bad call on allowing the "super-team" shizz. If you have 30 franchises in 30 cities and every opening tip-off of the season is a pre-ordained final four - blecch! What are the other 26 franchises supposed to do?
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#127 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:06 am

sipclip wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Pool? Location? Could be done having kids? Maybe he's sick of friends and family living under his roof? Sorry guys. Not enough room? :D Why do you think people buy pull out couch? Ever sleep on one of those? Won't stay long.

It is a really nice house but it is only a .32 acre lot which isn't big for a house that size so if you were to build a pool then you would lose most of your yard. Also with him being a celebrity it makes a lot of sense for him to move out while trying to sell it.

Oh i didn't notice the acreage, good luck finding a house in SLC with more than half acre for less than a 1.5 mill.
Ingles is cooked.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 549

Post#128 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:22 am

GobertReport wrote:
sipclip wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Oh i didn't notice the acreage, good luck finding a house in SLC with more than half acre for less than a 1.5 mill.

:D 1.5? Not sure that'll be a problem? :lol:
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,470

Post#129 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:20 pm

You know it's the off-season when people start talking about real-estate down to the acreage level. It's all good though.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#130 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:26 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:You know it's the off-season when people start talking about real-estate down to the acreage level. It's all good though.

Hahaha hey I think it's strange Favors wants to downsize but we will see what happens.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#131 » by Daddy 801 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:44 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:You know it's the off-season when people start talking about real-estate down to the acreage level. It's all good though.

Hahaha hey I think it's strange Favors wants to downsize but we will see what happens.

For all we know he is having a house built and wants to sell his house while the other one is built. That's probably not what's happening, but who knows.
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,408

Post#132 » by MalonesElbows » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:00 pm

MTJazzv3 wrote:Holy realtor talk! Seriously? I think Favs is just being smart and going to hover in some nice rental until the trade deadline and that is smart. Favs (resurrected) is the Jazz's obvious piece to move as he gets good again but no way the Jazz are going to overpay him given his history. Flip-side is he gets healthy and has a good year but is not yet all the way back and he re-signs with the Jazz for something realistic vs. pie in the sky. Agents are fueling unrealistic salary numbers based on recency bias, (last year), when a lot of ho hum players got signed to ridic contracts. Sobriety returns to the burst bubble and Favors either plays to his uninjured level and then a hot commodity or he improves, fits in to the new Jazz, and re-signs at a reasonable contract. We have Ingles as a benchmark - "I mean, seriously, who needs that much money?" And I agree. How are you going to spend $12MM next year?

Over-inflation of less than needle moving athletes seeking MAX, (I see you Wiggins et al), is going to separate the smart franchises from the dumb ones/so rich it doesn't matter. I honestly think the NBA is making a bad call on allowing the "super-team" shizz. If you have 30 franchises in 30 cities and every opening tip-off of the season is a pre-ordained final four - blecch! What are the other 26 franchises supposed to do?

It's just going to be a bad year all around. Favors will be playing solely for his next contract with someone else. Expensive 30+ year old vets like Ingles and Johnson no longer really have a purpose here as we begin to build around Gobert, Mitchell, and maybe Hood and Exum. We officially are in no man's land
Reckless
Analyst
And1: 564

Post#133 » by Reckless » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:33 pm

MalonesElbows wrote:It's just going to be a bad year all around. Favors will be playing solely for his next contract with someone else. Expensive 30+ year old vets like Ingles and Johnson no longer really have a purpose here as we begin to build around Gobert, Mitchell, and maybe Hood and Exum. We officially are in no man's land

I think we will overachieve this season but I wonder if it is for the best and we could be stuck in a no mans land of being good enough to make the playoffs but have to face GSW in the first round which would mean a sweep and make me wonder if its worth it rather than rebuilding.

Return to Utah Jazz