Sixers @ Jazz

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

The Sheik
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#41 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:07 am

This game being this close is wack. Jazz need to put the sixers away so we dont have a 4th qt meltdown.

Deron is getting ripped up by Andre Miller.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#42 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:08 am

good to see Gira have his kind of game, I bet he feels really "free" right now. At least this game allows fans of both teams to see the players traded in their true essence.
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#43 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:11 am

IMO the rebounding woes are on Memo. He clearly isn't 100% and hasn't been all season. First with the toe, then the back and shoulder, etc. But he's the one that hasn't been rebounding as last year. He doesn't appear as mobile and gives up position too often IMO to avoid contact. Last year you know he was banging around all the time. Just look at the Houston series etc. We need him 100% SO BAD right now. He's our missing link as of now.
Siempre con mi isla del encanto!!
Kayariel
Senior
And1: 8

Post#44 » by Kayariel » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:11 am

The Sheik wrote:good to see Gira have his kind of game, I bet he feels really "free" right now. At least this game allows fans of both teams to see the players traded in their true essence.

:rofl:

30 mai @ pinkpop
12 august @ sziget fest
Neon Black
Starter
And1: 19

Post#45 » by Neon Black » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:12 am

this is a really strange game.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#46 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:14 am

Now Kyle Korver is the exact example of why Steve Nash has averaged over 10 apg for the last 3 years. When you have shooters and you run the pg will flourish. Look how effortlessly Deron got those 10 assists (3 from Korver).
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#47 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:17 am

ele.ven wrote:this is a really strange game.

I know it feels like a blowout, but Phila is very much still in this and has the potential to win this game. If it wasnt for Korvers outside shooting we would have went into one of our patent outside shooting (not going inside) droughts. We need to get the ball back inside and work on that pick n roll D and dribble penetration.
IversonsMother
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#48 » by IversonsMother » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:17 am

The Sheik wrote:good to see Gira have his kind of game, I bet he feels really "free" right now. At least this game allows fans of both teams to see the players traded in their true essence.

In case you have not heard, Philly made this trade for extra cap space at the end of the year.. As far as Korver goes. I love him, but he is not much better than Gira, if he is better at all.. I love the fact that Sloan will use Korver the right way though. Cheeks rarely ran any plays for him and as we all know, going one on one isn't Korvers game.
sircharles3404
Ballboy

Post#49 » by sircharles3404 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:18 am

Big Sixer fan here. I must say I do like your team alot and you guys got a good one in Korver, were really gonna miss him. My main question is as good as Deron Williams is, is he really this bad defensively. Hes making Andre Miller look like Michael Jordan. Well I hope KK drops 20 off the bench and the Sixers win tonight but Ill be rooting for u guys the rest of the season.
WILLYDEE
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#50 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:19 am

IversonsMother wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

In case you have not heard, Philly made this trade for extra cap space at the end of the year.. As far as Korver goes. I love him, but he is not much better than Gira, if he is better at all.. I love the fact that Sloan will use Korver the right way though. Cheeks rarely ran any plays for him and as we all know, going one on one isn't Korvers game.

what?? when did this happen? Are you joking? I totally thought it was cuz of Gordans sexy MetroEuro look.

Your not suppose to drink the bong water....Gira is a selfish basketball....enjoy!
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#51 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:21 am

sircharles3404 wrote:Big Sixer fan here. I must say I do like your team alot and you guys got a good one in Korver, were really gonna miss him. My main question is as good as Deron Williams is, is he really this bad defensively. Hes making Andre Miller look like Michael Jordan. Well I hope KK drops 20 off the bench and the Sixers win tonight but Ill be rooting for u guys the rest of the season.

When has he really been in a real 1on1 situation? Dre is just posting him up and making a quick turn around fade moves and shots, the rest of his points came on the pick n roll and Deron didnt get the greatest help from his teammates. But yeah Deron isnt a great defender, has the tools, but the desire has to be there.
Tabasco
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#52 » by Tabasco » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:22 am

sircharles3404 wrote:Big Sixer fan here. I must say I do like your team alot and you guys got a good one in Korver, were really gonna miss him. My main question is as good as Deron Williams is, is he really this bad defensively. Hes making Andre Miller look like Michael Jordan. Well I hope KK drops 20 off the bench and the Sixers win tonight but Ill be rooting for u guys the rest of the season.

To answer your question, everyone on the Jazz is bad defensively. Everyone. EVERYONE. So that means that Deron is bad at defense too. Along with everyone else. EVERYONE.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#53 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:23 am

and we have another 2 2nd chance pts for phila :banghead:
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#54 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:26 am

and yet another 2nd chance oppt. for phila :banghead:
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#55 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:26 am

Goodness....make a freaking layup!
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#56 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:32 am

why do our statisticians give D-Will turnovers on passes his teammates cant handle? thats twice that boozer has mishandled the pass and both times they give the turnover to Deron.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#57 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:32 am

16-24 rebound advantage for Phila...terrible.
sircharles3404
Ballboy

Post#58 » by sircharles3404 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:34 am

OK.. From afar I didnt know Deron was a defensive liability, especially against a guy whos 8 years older and slower. In his defense though Andre Miller has been doing it to alot of guys this year. And while I give Utah props in many respects, how bout that Lou Willaims sequence--Sickning.
WILLYDEE
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#59 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:36 am

The Sheik wrote:16-24 rebound advantage for Phila...terrible.

I think we had 14 or 15 at halftime....its AWFUL!
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#60 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:37 am

D-Will has almost as many assists as our team has rebounds!

Return to Utah Jazz