Draft Odds / Pick Watch

Moderators: Inigo Montoya, FJS

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,522

Re: Draft Odds / Pick Watch 

Post#61 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Apr 9, 2023 12:06 pm

With the win against Denver, the Jazz missed an opportunity to move up to the 8th pick in case of a Wizards win tonight against the Rockets. The Jazz are now 9th, and can perhaps even slide to 10th if they win again and the Mavs lose (there will be a coin toss to break a tied record).
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,731

Post#62 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Apr 9, 2023 2:38 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:With the win against Denver, the Jazz missed an opportunity to move up to the 8th pick in case of a Wizards win tonight against the Rockets. The Jazz are now 9th, and can perhaps even slide to 10th if they win again and the Mavs lose (there will be a coin toss to break a tied record).

Thanks. I didn't know it was a coin toss rather than traditional tie-breaker rules to break a tie. I thought the Jazz already had the ninth spot in lottery locked up.
Gert42
Senior
And1: 229

Post#63 » by Gert42 » Sun Apr 9, 2023 5:26 pm

I'm pretty confident that the Jazz won't win today, especially since the Lakers could end up being in the 9/10 game with a loss. But then again the Jazz have won about 8-10 games this season I thought they had no chance winning!
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#64 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Apr 9, 2023 6:41 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:With the win against Denver, the Jazz missed an opportunity to move up to the 8th pick in case of a Wizards win tonight against the Rockets. The Jazz are now 9th, and can perhaps even slide to 10th if they win again and the Mavs lose (there will be a coin toss to break a tied record).

Thanks. I didn't know it was a coin toss rather than traditional tie-breaker rules to break a tie. I thought the Jazz already had ninth locked up.

I'm not 100% sure on this, it's only what I remember from previous cases.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#65 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Apr 9, 2023 10:15 pm

Now that the Wolves are the 8th seed:

1.If they win one game - their pick will not be in the lottery
2. In order for their pick to be in the lottery, they need to lose both play-in games.

ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 557

Post#66 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Apr 9, 2023 10:52 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Now that the Wolves are the 8th seed:

2. In order for their pick to be in the lottery, they need to lose both play-in games.

Player broke his hand today and Rudy has lost it so who know.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#67 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Apr 9, 2023 11:04 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote:

And somehow the Pelicans still lost. Pathetic.

SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,033

Post#68 » by SoCalJazzFan » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:13 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:

And somehow the Pelicans still lost. Pathetic.

I watched the end of two of their games this week, and they can’t even get the ball inbounds. Low bball IQ for both players and coaches.
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 169

Post#69 » by Hoops Addict » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:25 pm

Pelicans stink.

If Minny beats the Lakers we get #16.

If Minny loses, they get another game. If they win we get #15, of they lose again we get #14....a lottery pick.

Keep melting down Minny.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#70 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:32 pm

Now that the Wolves lost to the Lakers, they'll play against either of OKC or the Pelicans. Their regular season record against these teams is:

3-1 vs OKC
2-1 vs the Pelicans

Not sure who we should hope they'll play, but personally I think the Pelicans have a better chance of beating them now that McDaniels and Reid are out, and McCollum is perhaps less likely to have such a terrible game as last time.

FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,083

Post#71 » by FJS » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:44 pm

Pelicans is a more reliable team.
They finished with a 9-3 record in the last 12 games.
Wolves at 7-5 (plus a lose vs Lakers)
OKC 6-6.

I hope Pelicans wins vs OKC and then @ Wolves.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by SoCalJazzFan » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:59 pm

But if OKC beats the Pels, and then beats the TWolves, doesn't that push the TWolves pick into the 12/13 range?
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man

Post#73 » by Hoops Addict » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:34 pm

If Pels beat Minny then the Minny pick is #14, but if we or another team gets in the top 4 lottery slots the pic kwill change

Great game......Lakers came back down 15 points, got the lead, almost gave it up at the end......and Conley tied the game with a 3 point foul with less than a second left ( crappy call) to send it to overtime.

Lose Minny Lose!!!
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by Hoops Addict » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:11 pm

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#75 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:16 am

The Pels lost and disappointed once again. McCollum was bad once again. What happens to the pick if OKC beats the Wolves? Will it be better than 14?

I also wonder if by being so disappointing and underwhelming once again, the Pelicans will be more inclined to make drastic changes or even blow it up. Zion can't stay healthy and the Pelicans have proven they can't get it done without him.

D Rog
Junior
And1: 85

Post#76 » by D Rog » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:39 pm

Hoops Addict wrote:New draft site.

https://fanspo.com/nba/mock-draft-simulator

I have been on this site quite a bit. I am not sure how accurate it is. I have tried a couple trade scenarios in their trade machine and get different success and failure results from the ESPN trade machine. I like that this site includes trading picks. I was specifically trying to trade Sexton and a couple picks for Dame. ESPN says failure and this site says success. I tend to have more faith in ESPN.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:35 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:The Pels lost and disappointed once again. McCollum was bad once again. What happens to the pick if OKC beats the Wolves? Will it be better than 14?

I also wonder if by being so disappointing and underwhelming once again, the Pelicans will be more inclined to make drastic changes or even blow it up. Zion can't stay healthy and the Pelicans have proven they can't get it done without him.

The couple of games I watched the Pels at the end of the season, I was very disappointed in them. They do not play smart basketball. I wonder how much of that is due to their coach.

If OKC beats the TWolves, any pick between 12-14 is in play, depending on who wins the Heat/Bulls matchup. If the Bulls win, it could be the 12th or 13th pick. If the TWolves win, however, it will be either the 16th or 17th pick. Things to cheer for tomorrow.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:17 pm

I took a look at the TWolves/Thunder series this year. 3-1 in favor of Wolves.

However, looking at each game was interesting, and encouraging for tomorrow night.
10/19 game, result 115-108 Wolves win. SGA scored 32 pts. McDaniels had a great game with 19 pts, 6 rbs, 3 asts, 3 stls, and 2 blks. Also, Gobert scored 23 and DLo had 20pts. Towns played, 15 pts.

10/23 116-106 Wolves win, but SGA did not play. Towns played, 12 pts.

12/3 128-135 OKC Win. SGA 35 pts. No Towns

12/16 112-110 Wolve win. SGA 33 pts. No Gobert or Towns, but Reed went off with 28 pts, 9rbs, 3asts, 3 stls, and McDaniels had another good game.

How much will not having McDaniels hurt the Wolves? Can Conley make up for the scoring of DLo? It doesn't seem that the Wolves can shut down SGA, even when Gobert plays. Might be more of a game than the regular season record indicates.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#79 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:32 am

So the Wolves won, which gives the Jazz the 16th pick. So the only unknown right now is where the Jazz's pick will end up.

The Jazz's picks:

#9 (pre-lottery)
#16 (via Minnesota)
#28 (via Nets/Sixers)

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,371

Post#80 » by Catchall » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:17 pm

Obviously, I'd love to see the Jazz move up in the lottery. Getting one of the Thompsons or Cam Whitmore would be a game-changer, let alone Victor and Scoot.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to Utah Jazz