dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 777

Re: Trade targets 

Post#81 » by dr0welf » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:54 pm

GobertReport wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
That’s why Ben Simmons should be our target.

Simmons would be great on defense, but since he can't shoot he would be a disastor paired with Gobert. You would be trading one problem for another.

He can shoot. Google Ben Simmons shooting. It’s a head issue.

Head issues can be the toughest to fix, ask Lamar Odom
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,757

Post#82 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:17 am

dr0welf wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:Simmons would be great on defense, but since he can't shoot he would be a disastor paired with Gobert. You would be trading one problem for another.

He can shoot. Google Ben Simmons shooting. It’s a head issue.

Head issues can be the toughest to fix, ask Lamar Odom

He a coke issue hahaha. I think it’s Philly FO and staff, look at Fultz.
Ingles is cooked.
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 461

Post#83 » by bkohler » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:01 am

I don’t think Ben Simmons is the answer nor do I think we have the assets to trade for him. A player his size does make some sense, I wonder what the market for Siakam / Grant / Thaddeus young would be.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#84 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:03 am

bkohler wrote:I don’t think Ben Simmons is the answer nor do I think we have the assets to trade for him. A player his size does make some sense, I wonder what the market for Siakam / Grant / Thaddeus young would be.

He’s going cheaper than what you think.
Ingles is cooked.
bkohler
Rookie

Post#85 » by bkohler » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:24 am

GobertReport wrote:
bkohler wrote:I don’t think Ben Simmons is the answer nor do I think we have the assets to trade for him. A player his size does make some sense, I wonder what the market for Siakam / Grant / Thaddeus young would be.

Hard disagree; and if he does go for cheap something like Kuzma/KCP and the Lakers pick will be the deal because Rich Paul will push him to LA or NY. Utah is never going to happen - not the least because he’s best friends with Exum and He doesn’t have great things to say about Utah. Also our players have very little value right now.
bkohler
Rookie

Post#86 » by bkohler » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:25 am

I’m curious what position you’d play Simmons at? The 4? As PG?
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#87 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:27 am

bkohler wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Hard disagree; and if he does go for cheap something like Kuzma/KCP and the Lakers pick will be the deal because Rich Paul will push him to LA or NY. Utah is never going to happen - not the least because he’s best friends with Exum and He doesn’t have great things to say about Utah. Also our players have very little value right now.

At the end of the day Rich Paul doesn’t control Morey, you have been here 5 minutes. Tread softer and learn. Utah most definitely could trade for him and should. Exum was always broken and never got better but I see that as a common problem with athletic Australian players.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#88 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:28 am

bkohler wrote:I’m curious what position you’d play Simmons at? The 4? As PG?

He can play 1-5, who gives a ****.
Ingles is cooked.
bkohler
Rookie

Post#89 » by bkohler » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:34 am

GobertReport wrote:
bkohler wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

At the end of the day Rich Paul doesn’t control Morey, you have been here 5 minutes. Tread softer and learn. Utah most definitely could trade for him and should. Exum was always broken and never got better but I see that as a common problem with athletic Australian players.

Wow dude - I’ve been coming here for since 2009 and have had multiple accounts. No need to be gate keeping - I disagree with your assessment that we can trade for him, that we should trade for him, and that he’d help us win. We can disagree and still be friends.
bkohler
Rookie

Post#90 » by bkohler » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:37 am

GobertReport wrote:

It just changes how you construct the roster around them. If you play him at the 4 you get a team a lot like the one with favors starting and you’d need to invest in more shooting from the guard/wings. If you go with him at PG then you probably need some stretchiness at the 4.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#91 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:49 am

bkohler wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
bkohler wrote:

Wow dude - I’ve been coming here for since 2009 and have had multiple accounts. No need to be gate keeping - I disagree with your assessment that we can trade for him, that we should trade for him, and that he’d help us win. We can disagree and still be friends.

I know, I was a little harsh, i have had a few too many Blue Hawaiians :lol:
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#92 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:51 am

bkohler wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

It just changes how you construct the roster around them. If you play him at the 4 you get a team a lot like the one with favors starting and you’d need to invest in more shooting from the guard/wings. If you go with him at PG then you probably need some stretchiness at the 4.

Not even close, Favors is not the ball handler or driver Ben is. Ben can shoot. 3 elite shooters next to Simmons and Gobert is enough, when we started Rubio-Favors-Gobert we had no spacing.
Ingles is cooked.
bkohler
Rookie

Post#93 » by bkohler » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:58 am

You’ve got a good point that Ben has much more to his game than Favs did, plus hopefully you’d have a better shooter than Rubio there with him.

I’m still not convinced on the shooting, I prescribe to the theory he’s shooting with the wrong hand. I also wonder if just switching to his right hand (which he finishes with) wouldn’t help him break the mental block that seems to be there.

I think whoever gets Ben will use him as a center and he’ll put up MVP numbers, I just don’t think it’ll be us.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#94 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:10 am

bkohler wrote:You’ve got a good point that Ben has much more to his game than Favs did, plus hopefully you’d have a better shooter than Rubio there with him.

I’m still not convinced on the shooting, I prescribe to the theory he’s shooting with the wrong hand. I also wonder if just switching to his right hand (which he finishes with) wouldn’t help him break the mental block that seems to be there.

I think whoever gets Ben will use him as a center and he’ll put up MVP numbers, I just don’t think it’ll be us.

If Danny Ainge is our GM, he sees what Simmons can bring. He needs a coach with the Ted Lasso 10 second theory.
Ingles is cooked.
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#95 » by dr0welf » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:18 am

GobertReport wrote:
bkohler wrote:You’ve got a good point that Ben has much more to his game than Favs did, plus hopefully you’d have a better shooter than Rubio there with him.

If Danny Ainge is our GM, he sees what Simmons can bring. He needs a coach with the Ted Lasso 10 second theory.

Simmons would be a risk, he does bring some great things and if you feel comfortable with your chances of fixing his mental blocks, shooting issues then you can pull the trigger. But it's an expensive chance and can that opportunity be used somewhere else. Because if it doesn't work he would be a bench player in the playoffs and not playing in the 4th.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#96 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:21 am

dr0welf wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Simmons would be a risk, he does bring some great things and if you feel comfortable with your chances of fixing his mental blocks, shooting issues then you can pull the trigger. But it's an expensive chance and can that opportunity be used somewhere else. Because if it doesn't work he would be a bench player in the playoffs and not playing in the 4th.

Huge risk but huge reward if it pans out. I think he needs a new team and coach. His coaches haven’t been known for development, I think Quin is the guy he needs. 6’10” PG’s don’t grow on trees.
Ingles is cooked.
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#97 » by dr0welf » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:22 am

GobertReport wrote:
dr0welf wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Huge risk but huge reward if it pans out. I think he needs a new team and coach. His coaches haven’t been known for development, I think Quin is the guy he needs. 6’10” PG’s don’t grow on trees.

You are correct, but if it doesn't work where are the Jazz and what is the road for recovery? Is it really worth that risk?
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#98 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:54 am

dr0welf wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
dr0welf wrote:

You are correct, but if it doesn't work where are the Jazz and what is the road for recovery? Is it really worth that risk?

Well we are up **** creek BUT Mitchell-Simmons-Gobert is a very interesting core. I just like that team, who is going to score on us? Even if Simmons can become elite FT line extended, I like it and the dude can knock down corner 3’s. Find 2 really good shooters because Bogey, O’Neale, and likely Ingles/Favors are going to Philly.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#99 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 am

Oh Simmons-Mitchell-Brooks-Batum-Val?
Ingles is cooked.
bkohler
Rookie

Post#100 » by bkohler » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:59 am

I wonder if you could be part of the Simmons trade and not bring back Simmons - like could you snag Jaylen Brown or Pascal Siakam - they’re lesser talents but less risk as well.

Return to Utah Jazz