NBA 2017 Draft Prospects Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Re: NBA 2017 Draft Prospects Thread 

Post#901 » by pickIBL » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:24 pm

If the bulls are smart they demand brown AND yabusele in the haul.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#902 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:46 pm

stitches wrote:
UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:
stitches wrote:Also - does this mean anything about Hayward? I mean if they draft Josh Jackson, they will have 3 SFs, 2 of them drafted in top 3 in the last 2 years?

Been reading a lot of rumors that the Celtics will flip the #3 pick and a lot of other 1st rounders to land Jimmy Butler.

That doesn't sound good. I think it makes Boston a more attractive destination, IMO.

Yup.

If that happens, I'm lowering the chances of Utah re-signing Hayward down to about 15%.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#903 » by KqWIN » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:49 pm

I'm confused as to why Kaba is so low as well. Everything seems to check out for me. The only worry from a numbers perspective is a low 2FG%. Does he take a lot of midrange jumpers/post ups?
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#904 » by pickIBL » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:23 pm

How would butler impact the cap numbers for boston. Are they going to be able to also add gordon w/o s&t on our end?
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#905 » by pickIBL » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:23 pm

So crowder becomes their dray?
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#906 » by stitches » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:29 pm

pickIBL wrote:How would butler impact the cap numbers for boston. Are they going to be able to also add gordon w/o s&t on our end?

If they want to, they will just do the Butler trade after free agency. If anything moving from 1 to 3 saves them a bit of money they can use to sign Hayward.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#907 » by pickIBL » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:33 pm

stitches wrote:
pickIBL wrote:How would butler impact the cap numbers for boston. Are they going to be able to also add gordon w/o s&t on our end?

If they want to, they will just do the Butler trade after free agency. If anything moving from 1 to 3 saves them a bit of money they can use to sign Hayward.

But they gotta send salary back then right?
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#908 » by KqWIN » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Boston needs to send salary somewhere, but still no incentive to send it to Utah. They will either send salary to Chicago or dump their contracts somewhere else for picks.
stitches
RealGM

Post#909 » by stitches » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:39 pm

pickIBL wrote:
stitches wrote:

Yes, they will... They need to send about 15M out for Butler. That's Zeller and Bradley, or Zeller + Crowder
stitches
RealGM

Post#910 » by stitches » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:49 pm

Option 1 is Hayward has told them - I'm staying in Utah(or going to Miami) and they are now going elsewhere for a wing + possibly trying to sign Griffin
Option 2 - they want to stack their wing positions. It is a bit weird, because in this case they get stuck with IT and will have to pay him next year. It also means that their bigs position is left barren. They will only have Horford and nobody else(possibly rookies? Zizic/ Yabusele ?
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#911 » by pickIBL » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:50 pm

stitches wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
stitches wrote:If they want to, they will just do the Butler trade after free agency. If anything moving from 1 to 3 saves them a bit of money they can use to sign Hayward.

Yes, they will... They need to send about 15M out for Butler. That's Zeller and Bradley, or Zeller + Crowder

So in theory they could trade for butler. Sign blake. Then offer jerebko around 20m (1st yr guaranteed and the rest non) plus brown and yabusele for hayward. Just in theory... it's possible.
stitches
RealGM

Post#912 » by stitches » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:56 pm

pickIBL wrote:
stitches wrote:
pickIBL wrote:But they gotta send salary back then right?

So in theory they could trade for butler. Sign blake. Then offer jerebko around 20m (1st yr guaranteed and the rest non) plus brown and yabusele for hayward. Just in theory... it's possible.

In theory yes. In practice the Jazz won't do that.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#913 » by KqWIN » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:57 pm

pickIBL wrote:
stitches wrote:
pickIBL wrote:But they gotta send salary back then right?

Sign and trades need to be three years minimum not including options. So the Jazz would need to take on Olynyk or Jerebko for $20 M a year (all of it guaranteed) in that scenario.
stitches
RealGM

Post#914 » by stitches » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:59 pm

KqWIN wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
stitches wrote:Yes, they will... They need to send about 15M out for Butler. That's Zeller and Bradley, or Zeller + Crowder

Sign and trades need to be three years minimum not including options. So the Jazz would need to take on Olynyk or Jerebko for $20 M a year (all of it guaranteed) in that scenario.

Yikes! I didn't know that. Then no I guess...
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#915 » by pickIBL » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:01 am

KqWIN wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
stitches wrote:Yes, they will... They need to send about 15M out for Butler. That's Zeller and Bradley, or Zeller + Crowder

Would a partial guarantee work? If we are retooling i could see some way to make it work with both guys.. I was reading that cba site trying to figure it out.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#916 » by pickIBL » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:02 am

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
pickIBL wrote:So in theory they could trade for butler. Sign blake. Then offer jerebko around 20m (1st yr guaranteed and the rest non) plus brown and yabusele for hayward. Just in theory... it's possible.

Me neither. I cant find anything on a full guarantee for 3
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#917 » by KqWIN » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:03 am

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
pickIBL wrote:So in theory they could trade for butler. Sign blake. Then offer jerebko around 20m (1st yr guaranteed and the rest non) plus brown and yabusele for hayward. Just in theory... it's possible.

Looks like I made a mistake. Only the first year has to be guaranteed, but the remaining years don't have to be guaranteed.

A sign-and-trade deal can be made with a free agent who has been renounced, as long as all the above criteria are met. Sign-and-trade contracts must be for at least three seasons (not including any option year) and no longer than four seasons3. The first year of the contract must be fully guaranteed, but the remaining seasons can be non-guaranteed. The combination of a three-year minimum with a one-year guarantee ensures that the player's new team cannot acquire the player's Bird rights any sooner than if they had signed him directly (if they wanted to re-sign him in less than three years they would first have to waive him, and lose any Bird rights -- see question number 33).

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q93

The other issue is the Jerebko and Olynyk have to be renounced in order to sign Blake. So the Celtics can't use bird rights on them in a sign and trade. If they want to sign Blake first, they have to renounce Jerebko and Olynyk. If they want to use Jerebko and Olynyk in a sign and trade, they can't renounce them.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#918 » by pickIBL » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:06 am

It would be sweet if they could make it fit so they can renounce one and send us the other.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#919 » by pickIBL » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:16 am

If they send bradley and zeller to chicago they could move smart or jae for future assests and we'd take back jonas or kelly on a one year bloated guarantee.

Horford
Blake
Hayward
Butler
Thomas

You know Boston does that. And if Danny says if we play ball we get assets back for helping (instead of losing him outright)... why not? It's not like danny has to worry about us screwing him because hayward could bolt to miami for nothing if we play games
stitches
RealGM

Post#920 » by stitches » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:27 am

pickIBL wrote:If they send bradley and zeller to chicago they could move smart or jae for future assests and we'd take back jonas or kelly on a one year bloated guarantee.

Horford
Blake
Hayward
Butler
Thomas

You know Boston does that. And if Danny says if we play ball we get assets back for helping (instead of losing him outright)... why not? It's not like danny has to worry about us screwing him because hayward could bolt to miami for nothing if we play games

Because Boston has absolutely no leverage in this situation. All the leverage is on Jazz side. Why would the Jazz do it? In this situation you do a trade only if you think the package you are getting is better than Hayward. If I'm the Jazz I keep Hayward. WIthout the Jazz Boston can't sign him. And I have close to ZERO worry that he goes to Miami. So yeah... Unless the Jazz/Hayward relationship is so acrimonious that he will leave just to screw the Jazz over, the Jazz are the best suitor left standing. BY A MARGIN!

Return to Utah Jazz