Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Re: Around the NBA, Season 2016-2017 

Post#481 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue May 2, 2017 3:01 am

The Rockets are up 34 on the Spurs, in San Antonio :o
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#482 » by stitches » Tue May 2, 2017 4:03 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:The Rockets are up 34 on the Spurs, in San Antonio :o

I expected the Rockets to win this series(of course still lots of work to get there)... I didn't expect this though. WOW! :o
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#483 » by AingesBurner » Tue May 2, 2017 4:08 am

Rockets killing the Spurs, and they gave LMA that stupid contract, won't have to worry about them for a while.
Ingles is cooked.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,681

Post#484 » by Crunch 99 » Thu May 4, 2017 4:26 pm

Spurs adjusted for game two by putting true, two way player Kawhi leonard on Harden and it worked. And besides the excellent defense on Harden, Leonard scored 34 points on 81% shooting. Makes you think that Leonard deserves to be much more than a distant third to Westbrook and Harden in the MVP balloting.

Too bad veteran Parker got hurt last night. He had been playing very well in the playoffs, sporting a 21.4 PER. In addition to not liking seeing players get hurt, this injury, a torn quadriceps tendon injury that will probably require surgery, could impact the Spurs interest or non interest in George Hill this summer. Parker has been more productive and effective in the playoffs than Hill so far, but I would guess Parker's future is pretty uncertain right now.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Post#485 » by tleikheen » Thu May 4, 2017 4:42 pm

I can see it now ....for GHill

Its Kawhi's team and since Jazz play the Popovich system........

Course he's not thinking along those thoughts but if Jazz can't contain the speed of Golden State he could be in 3 or 4 more games.
stitches
RealGM

Post#486 » by stitches » Thu May 4, 2017 5:12 pm

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#487 » by AingesBurner » Thu May 4, 2017 5:13 pm

stitches wrote:Image

I imagine this injury forces him to retire.
Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#488 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu May 4, 2017 6:32 pm

I can totally see George Hill signing there (Spurs) in the offseason.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#489 » by AingesBurner » Thu May 4, 2017 7:27 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:I can totally see George Hill signing there (Spurs) in the offseason.

I hope so.
Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#490 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu May 4, 2017 7:31 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:I can totally see George Hill signing there (Spurs) in the offseason.

I hope so.

Say what you want about Hill, but when he played for us he played well and fit well, and we were a .500 team without him.

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#491 » by AingesBurner » Thu May 4, 2017 7:44 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

I hope so.

Say what you want about Hill, but when he played for us he played well and fit well, and we were a .500 team without him.

Maybe I still am in the days of Stockton and Malone who will grind it out and play through the pain like Rudy Gobert does.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#492 » by Daddy 801 » Fri May 5, 2017 7:12 pm

Here is an unsettling thought.

Magic and Kobe could work together to form a great new team. And I don't think it would be incredibly hard either. LA tells PGs agent to let the Indiana head office know he is not resigning and he is going to the Lakers when his contract is up. I don't care if that is supposedly tampering....we all know those things happen. Now Indiana has to let PG walk or trade low. LA says they will trade Loul or Mozgov, Ingram, and this years pick for George. Indiana I think takes the deal if faced with the option of getting nothing in return. Ingram and a young talent for a walking PG is not a bad deal in that situation.

Next move is they call up CP3 and CP3 signs a reasonable deal(30 million). He almost went there once before and CP3 would not have to move and he gets to play for the real fans at the arena for once.

Then Kobe calls up his buddy Hayward and gets him to come sign(30 million as well).

Next thing ya know LA has CP3, Hayward, PG, Randle, Mozgov/Zubac/Black.

Clearly center is their weak spot. So LA goes after a center like DeWayne, Olynyk, Baynes, Nene.

Then if LA wants to get real fancy they look to unload Mozgov and picks for another player. They would still have Clarkson, Russel, Black, Nance, and Young as the second unit.

All this can be done pretty easy IMO. PG supposedly wants to be in LA. CP3 wouldn't have to move. And Hayward can make up the money he would leave on the table by getting endorsements. Kobe and Magic could make that happen pretty easy IMO.

Just a crappy thought for the day.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#493 » by MTJazzv3 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:12 am

With the beat down SA just gave Houston, on the road, down two starters - what can anyone say? Wow. What would it cost for the Jazz to pick up Simmons, UFA $890K this year? And who knows, with the way Mills and rookie Murray have been playing, why go after a guy like Hill? The Spurs look set at PG after they pick up Mack as their 3rd wheel.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
stitches
RealGM

Post#494 » by stitches » Fri May 12, 2017 5:33 am

I don't know **** about basketball. I have to learn to never ever EVER underestimate the Spurs. They blew out HOU without Kawhi? Damn!
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#495 » by KqWIN » Sun May 14, 2017 10:18 pm

Man, I didn't think it was possible for the Warriors to be anymore annoying, but then this happens. Extremely dirty play allows them to win this game. If Kawhi can't go, it gives them another sweep.

Zaza, the crowd, and the other Warrior players had the nerve to complain about the call after seeing it on replay. Incredible. There are no basketball gods.
KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#496 » by KDBG » Sun May 14, 2017 11:09 pm

KqWIN wrote:Man, I didn't think it was possible for the Warriors to be anymore annoying, but then this happens. Extremely dirty play allows them to win this game. If Kawhi can't go, it gives them another sweep.

Zaza, the crowd, and the other Warrior players had the nerve to complain about the call after seeing it on replay. Incredible. There are no basketball gods.

I've never seen anything like their arrogance. MJ was cocky, but I respected him and he truly intimidated me when the Bulls played the Jazz. He carried himself like a grown man.

The Warriors remind me of a bunch of 8th graders beating down a bunch of 4th graders on the basketball court, and mocking them. I was annoyed at times when they played the Jazz, but I knew we had no chance. But I was furious during this game, and so was 99% of America that was watching the game.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#497 » by KqWIN » Mon May 15, 2017 1:24 am

KDBG wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Man, I didn't think it was possible for the Warriors to be anymore annoying, but then this happens. Extremely dirty play allows them to win this game. If Kawhi can't go, it gives them another sweep.

I've never seen anything like their arrogance. MJ was cocky, but I respected him and he truly intimidated me when the Bulls played the Jazz. He carried himself like a grown man.

The Warriors remind me of a bunch of 8th graders beating down a bunch of 4th graders on the basketball court, and mocking them. I was annoyed at times when they played the Jazz, but I knew we had no chance. But I was furious during this game, and so was 99% of America that was watching the game.

There's just something insufferable about them. It's not just the team itself, it's the whole Warriors experience. The media, fans, ownership...I can't take it. I keep reading stuff about how the Warriors changed their gameplan in the second half or were inspired by Kerr's half time speech. Come on!!! Cut the ****! You can't be acting like you just pulled off some amazing feat. The Warriors won the game because Zaza took out Kawhi Leonard.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#498 » by AingesBurner » Mon May 15, 2017 2:18 am

KqWIN wrote:
KDBG wrote:

There's just something insufferable about them. It's not just the team itself, it's the whole Warriors experience. The media, fans, ownership...I can't take it. I keep reading stuff about how the Warriors changed their gameplan in the second half or were inspired by Kerr's half time speech. Come on!!! Cut the ****! You can't be acting like you just pulled off some amazing feat. The Warriors won the game because Zaza took out Kawhi Leonard.

Too bad Charlie Sheen was not at the game, he could have gotten a bloody nose and sneezed on the Warriors during a time out.
Ingles is cooked.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,681

Post#499 » by Crunch 99 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:49 pm

I am rooting for the Spurs just because I hate the fact that Durant abandoned a top title contender and is now trying to stroll to a title rather than fight for a title, but the irony of a Spurs player going down with an ankle injury because he has no place to land on his jump shot is pretty rich considering that many players still call that play a "Bruce Bowen", named after Spurs' player Bruce Bowen who wrecked so many opposing players ankles with that very move.

I feel bad for Kawhi Leonard though, who has nothing to do with Bruce Bowen and who has been playing like the real league MVP. Hopefully he can still come back, but the outlook for the Spurs suddenly went from hopeful to terrible when Kawhi went out with that injury.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#500 » by MTJazzv3 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:46 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:I am rooting for the Spurs just because I hate the fact that Durant walked away from a top title contender and is now trying to stroll to a title rather than fight for a title, but the irony of a Spurs player going down with an ankle injury because he has no place to land on his jump shot is pretty rich considering that many players still call that play a "Bruce Bowen", named after Spurs' player Bruce Bowen who wrecked so many opposing players ankles with that very move.

I feel bad for Kawhi Leonard though, who has nothing to do with Bruce Bowen and who has been playing like the real league MVP. Hopefully he can still come back, but the outlook for the Spurs suddenly went from hopeful to terrible when Kawhi went out with that injury.

Agreed. Durant has fallen way down in my character depth chart. And I loathe Green and am beginning to really dislike Curry. However, I don't think the Zsaza intentionally fouled Kahwi. The interesting thing is I think the Spurs could have beaten GS with Parker and Kahwi and that would have been good for every team in the league except the Whiners.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley

Return to Utah Jazz