Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,463

The Official Jazz Off-Topic Thread 

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Dec 8, 2016 2:56 pm

Welcome to the off-topic thread.

Here is the place to talk about...well, anything! Whether you've seen a good movie and want to talk about it (or seen a bad movie and want to vent),read a good book, found a new band you like, tasted a new beer, got your ass beat in NBA 2K17, then rage-quitted and are looking for a new PC\console game to sink your time into, or all of the above in this or some other order, this is the place for such topics and more. Standard forum rules apply.

Two extra rules:

1. No politics or religion. If you want to talk about these issues, there are other threads on RealGM for that.

2. Anyone--and I mean anyone--who happens to mention the Black Eyed Peas suck, gets an automatic, mandatory And 1, no exceptions. ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY APPLIES.

Enjoy.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Re: The Official Jazz Off-Topic Thread 

Post#2 » by FJS » Thu Dec 8, 2016 4:01 pm

I want to talk about The Last of us II. The first TLOU was one, if not the best, game I have ever player. I absolutely love him. It's have been announced second part, and simply, I can't wait.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#3 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 8, 2016 4:13 pm

Just so yall know, Glenmorangie Original is pretty good stuff. Also has anybody been to the Melting Pot?
Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#4 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Dec 8, 2016 4:45 pm

FJS wrote:I want to talk about The Last of us II. The first TLOU was one, if not the best, game I have ever player. I absolutely love him. It's have been announced second part, and simply, I can't wait.

I'd play it or the first one if it ever came to PC. Until it does, all I know is that the first one is supposedly amazing. But I ain't buying a console for that. After seeing what CD Projekt did with the Witcher franchise, I can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077. But I'm biased, as I also read all the Witcher books.

GobertReport wrote:Just so yall know, Glenmorangie Original is pretty good stuff. Also has anybody been to the Melting Pot?

Afraid not. But I might give Glenmorangie Original a try if you say it's worthwhile.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#5 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 8, 2016 4:47 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
FJS wrote:I want to talk about The Last of us II. The first TLOU was one, if not the best, game I have ever player. I absolutely love him. It's have been announced second part, and simply, I can't wait.

I'd play it or the first one if it ever came to PC. Until it does, all I know is that the first one is supposedly amazing. But I ain't buying a console for that. After seeing what CD Projekt did with the Witcher franchise, I can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077. But I'm biased, as I also read all the Witcher books.

GobertReport wrote:Just so yall know, Glenmorangie Original is pretty good stuff. Also has anybody been to the Melting Pot?

Afraid not. But I might give Glenmorangie Original a try if you say it's worthwhile.

Yeah its a good price and not a smokey scotch, with a shot of distilled water its very good.
Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#6 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Dec 8, 2016 4:49 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

Yeah its a good price and not a smokey scotch, with a shot of distilled water its very good.

What ratio of scotch\water would you recommend with this one?

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#7 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 8, 2016 4:51 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

I did two ice cubes, roughly 3 oz of scotch, and a shot of distilled water, it was probably half an ounce or less.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#8 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Dec 8, 2016 10:45 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

I did two ice cubes, roughly 3 oz of scotch, and a shot of distilled water, it was probably half an ounce or less.

Ummmmm smokey scotch. Sounds nice. Maybe I'll buy a bottle for my bands show next week as we usually consume mucho scotch/whiskey during our shows.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#9 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 8, 2016 11:48 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

Ummmmm smokey scotch. Sounds nice. Maybe I'll buy a bottle for my bands show next week as we usually consume mucho scotch/whiskey during our shows.

Haha scotches can be smokey especially from the Islay area.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#10 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 8, 2016 11:49 pm

Where the hell did 59sound go?

Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#11 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Dec 9, 2016 1:00 am

GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

I know. I am just unfamiliar with that scotch. I use to work at the liquor store. I don't remember that particular scotch. I usually buy 12 year Jameson.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#12 » by goober » Fri Dec 9, 2016 2:04 am

i turned 18 today so some exciting times are coming
AingesBurner
RealGM

The Official Jazz Off-Topic Thread 

Post#13 » by AingesBurner » Fri Dec 9, 2016 2:32 am

Goober wrote:i turned 18 today so some exciting times are coming

Well happy birthday, I guess you can now sign a contract and go to Southern Xposure but the one on north end which is better cause it's fully nude.

Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#14 » by AingesBurner » Fri Dec 9, 2016 2:34 am

Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:

I know. I am just unfamiliar with that scotch. I use to work at the liquor store. I don't remember that particular scotch. I usually buy 12 year Jameson.

Oh I gotcha, yeah some of the Utah liquor stores don't carry it, I found at the big one in Riverton.

Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#15 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Dec 9, 2016 4:34 am

Happy Birthday!

Spoiler:
It's all downhill from there... :D

KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#16 » by KDBG » Fri Dec 9, 2016 4:49 am

GobertReport wrote:

Well happy birthday, I guess you can now sign a contract and go to Southern Xposure but the one on north end which is better cause it's fully nude.

I actually find that one boring. The girls look depressed as hell, dancing nude in a cage while everyone sits there awkwardly watching (no lap dances there). I actually felt empathy for the girls in there.

There's another 18+ Southern Xposure on state street, and that was my spot. The girls there would bend the rules a little bit, and they were cool as hell to talk to you. Get a few lap dances, talk about life, it was great.

But someone got stabbed to death in the parking lot awhile ago, and I'm pretty sure it's shut down now. Yeah, even Utah has got some shady areas.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#17 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Dec 9, 2016 4:53 am

Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

What instrument do you play, and what music does you band play?

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#18 » by stitches » Fri Dec 9, 2016 6:21 am

Happy Birthday! :rockon:
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#19 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Dec 9, 2016 6:29 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

What instrument do you play, and what music does you band play?

I play drums and my band is a whiskey rock band named Gods Revolver. Sorta like Danzig meets Lynyrd Skynyrd on acid.

We're playing with a really good band named Planes Mistaken For Stars next Thursday.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#20 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Dec 9, 2016 6:33 am

Happy Birthday.

Return to Utah Jazz