Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Re: The Official Jazz Off-Topic Thread 

Post#381 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 5:49 am

KqWIN wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:
KqWIN wrote:I have just pulled a George Hill and taken another opportunity in my career that will pay me much more, but certainly won't be as fun as my previous job. It was a very short stay, but they've increased my value so much I had to explore free agency. RIP fun and hello bank account.....

Good for you. Glad to hear. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you are moving to the finance world?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Thanks!

Not quite...The biggest change is that I'm moving from a startup where I got paid nothing to large conglomerate that offered me a good wage.

Selling out to the man always pays well!!!!

PortugalTheMan
Sophomore
And1: 102

Post#382 » by PortugalTheMan » Fri Dec 1, 2017 5:53 am

Is this topic about everything else? Like, stuff in our lives and like that?
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#383 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 6:01 am

Yep. Any random thing you want to share. New job, good books, cool new movies, how weird the president is, how bad Haywards new haircut is, etc. Any random thing.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#384 » by AingesBurner » Fri Dec 1, 2017 6:05 am

I like to complain about the **** Hallmark Xmas movies my wife makes me watch and tell people good places to eat.

Ingles is cooked.
PortugalTheMan
Sophomore
And1: 102

Post#385 » by PortugalTheMan » Fri Dec 1, 2017 6:05 am

Well, in that case... I play basketball in a local team here in Portugal, and earlier this week i Derrick Rose'd myself. Sidelined for about 6/7 months.

Since i can barely get out of the house now, do you guys know some place where i can see old Jazz games? It can be from any era, with preference to the Stockton and Malone era, of course.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#386 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 6:44 am

PortugalTheMan wrote:Well, in that case... I play basketball in a local team here in Portugal, and earlier this week i Derrick Rose'd myself. Sidelined for about 6/7 months.

Since i can barely get out of the house now, do you guys know some place where i can see old Jazz games? It can be from any era, with preference to the Stockton and Malone era, of course.

No idea. I wish the NBA would just catalog all the old games and let people watch for free.

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,423

Post#387 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Dec 1, 2017 3:58 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:Yep. Any random thing you want to share. New job, good books, cool new movies, how weird the president is, how bad Haywards new haircut is, etc. Any random thing.

No politics, actually. It's in the OP. I only let those last comments stay because they did not develop, but let's try to leave politics and religion out of this thread. Almost anything else goes, though.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#388 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Dec 1, 2017 4:00 pm

KqWIN wrote:I have just pulled a George Hill and taken another opportunity in my career that will pay me much more, but certainly won't be as fun as my previous job. It was a very short stay, but they've increased my value so much I had to explore free agency. RIP fun and hello bank account.....

Unfortunately for you, unlike George Hill, you'll actually have to deliver and justify your salary.

Congratulations though.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#389 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 4:04 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:Yep. Any random thing you want to share. New job, good books, cool new movies, how weird the president is, how bad Haywards new haircut is, etc. Any random thing.

No politics, actually. It's in the OP. I only let those last comments stay because they did not develop, but let's try to leave politics and religion out of this thread. Almost anything else goes, though.

Yeah, my bad. Should have been more clear. I was more just trying to suggest that a stupid comment like "Haywards hair looks like Donalds hair these days" or "DL is rocking Obama mom jeans" would probably be fine, not that we should go into political rants. But I will even stay away from comments like those if needs be.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#390 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Dec 1, 2017 4:43 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

Yeah, my bad. Should have been more clear. I was more just trying to suggest that a stupid comment like "Haywards hair looks like Donalds hair these days" or "DL is rocking Obama mom jeans" would probably be fine, not that we should go into political rants. But I will even stay away from comments like those if needs be.

Nah, no problem with those.

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#391 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:10 pm

This is going to be random: Does anyone know if you can just cut a butternut squash in half lengthwise and stick it in a toaster-oven for a while? Does it work?

Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#392 » by Daddy 801 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:This is going to be random: Does anyone know if you can just cut a butternut squash in half lengthwise and stick it in a toaster-oven for a while? Does it work?

Yes. Place on a small pan to collect "droppings", Place butter or coconut oil on top, put salt and pepper on top..... and bam, you got yourself some good squash. It's going to take a long time to cook.

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#393 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:This is going to be random: Does anyone know if you can just cut a butternut squash in half lengthwise and stick it in a toaster-oven for a while? Does it work?

Yes. Place on a small pan to collect "droppings", Place butter or coconut oil on top, put salt and pepper on top..... and bam, you got yourself some good squash. It's going to take a long time to cook.

That's awesome, thanks. I'll let you know the results (I'm sure you can't wait 8-) ).

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#394 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:07 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:

That's awesome, thanks. I'll let you know the results (I'm sure you can't wait 8-) ).

It worked! Thank you, kind sir.

AGE1207
Junior
And1: 129

Post#395 » by AGE1207 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Not sure if this is the correct thread for it but just wanted to wish all Jazz-fans (and all basketball fans in general) a Merry Christmas !!!!
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#396 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:46 pm

I watched The Belko Experiment the other day. Didn't know Quin Snyder was playing in it in the lead role of the villain, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#397 » by AingesBurner » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:I watched The Belko Experiment the other day. Didn't know Quin Snyder was playing in it in the lead role of the villain, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That’s uncanny but that show was **** nuts.

Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#398 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:24 pm

GobertReport wrote:That’s uncanny but that show was **** nuts.

Meh. I wasn't impressed. I was lead to believe it would be much more radical, controversial and mean-spirited than it actually was, which wasn't much. It ended up being a very conventional take on a very common idea that was done many times before. It wasn't bad, but it didn't leave any impression other than finding Snyder's double.

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#399 » by AingesBurner » Mon Jan 1, 2018 10:07 pm

Don’t watch Killing Gunther, pretty awful.

Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#400 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Jan 5, 2018 2:55 pm

Watched the movie IT a while ago. Was not impressed at all. Disappointed, actually. I really don't get the buzz around that movie. It has nothing on the book, nothing.

Return to Utah Jazz