Game 3: LA Clippers @ Utah Jazz Series 1-1

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Re: Game 3: LA Clippers @ Utah Jazz Series 1-1 

Post#61 » by tleikheen » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:52 am

My last hopes for Favors died tonight ........
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#62 » by BarneyGumble » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:52 am

TKainZero wrote:So

Jj redick misses a ft. A strange oucrence

3 point game

Career high for hayward

He takes the ball, 2 secs to go, inbounds it to no one

So bad

So anti clutch

I never seen something so bad
Some team will max him

Says the guy who's team gave Kobe Bryant $60 million and a bedpan his last two seasons.
TO11
Senior
And1: 297

Post#63 » by TO11 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:03 am

We still have a chance to get back in this series, but we need Gobert...
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#64 » by pickIBL » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:06 am

Favors was exhausted. I'm not targeting her personally but the nba/jazz or whoever held him out all game to the point favors looked like a statue out there.

Sometimes i do forget what country I'm in. It's the one with the presumption of innocence right?
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#65 » by stitches » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:34 am

Favors shouldn't be playing anywhere close to 40 minutes. The problem is... he has to.

That one hurts.

BTW this board is **** disgraceful.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#66 » by BudTugly » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:54 am

Hopefully this game will wake some players up. It's not like we expect a championship this year but when the whole team turtles and JJ is the only dude on the court not scared to make a play we look like a farm team.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#67 » by KqWIN » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:55 am

Heartbreaking loss...We had two big leads at different points, but couldn't close it out. I've been frustrated with this team at times, but now I just feel really sad. The Clippers are the better team with the best player in the series. Hard to play the blame game when you don't have the horses. The guys who were available gave it everything they had, but sometimes that's not good enough to win. Maybe you don't have enough in the tank to win. I see Favors dying out there in the 4th, but he's still the best option. It's just unfortunate. Give props to CP3 and the Clips. These have all been fought games and they've edged it out.

Not sure what we can do better tactically. Neto is the best backup PG, and hopefully that will allow us to win the minutes with CP3 on the bench, but beyond that IDK. Maybe try to hide Favors on Luc some more, but CP3 will find a way no matter how you defend it. Perhaps we can try to trap him and force the ball out of his hands if Blake is out.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#68 » by BudTugly » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:55 am

Best moment was either Gordon's manly dunk or Chauncey gettin all mad about Jingles at halftime.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#69 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:04 am

Went to the game.

Awesome environment.

CP3 was great.

Jazz lost because of the refs.

I can't believe how bad the refs were. Seriously. They were bad for both teams in the first half, but the second half was solely the Jazz getting screwed. Disappointing.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#70 » by KqWIN » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:04 am

Seeing a lot of heat directed towards Favors way. I've never been too high on him, but this is just wrong. It's not so much him playing bad as it is him being incapable. He's not a good enough player right now, especially for 38 minutes. If you're not good enough, you're not good enough. It's no secret that Favors is a shell of himself so I have no idea why people have high expectations for him in this series. I'm skeptical of his chances to ever bring it fully back, but right now is not the right time to trash him.
Broncos 1
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#71 » by Broncos 1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:16 am

Good game tonight. They should of won. Neto played well. So please trade dante. Give the kid a chance somewhere else. Somewhere else meaning the 76ers...
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#72 » by Lava Rock Kid » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:44 am

All the hatred for favors is wrong.

Do you realize he still hurts and should not be playing.

He risks his career by playing.

Remember when memo played injured in the playoffs to try to help us win games. Yep he reinjured himself and was out of the NBA in two years.

Favors is injured and is playing big minutes as our only quality big. He has screwed up his next contract. If he reinjures the knee he could screw up his career.

Maybe we should look at our second year player on the bench that regressed back to a high school scrub.
TO11
Senior
And1: 297

Post#73 » by TO11 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:22 am

KqWIN wrote:Heartbreaking loss...We had two big leads at different points, but couldn't close it out. I've been frustrated with this team at times, but now I just feel really sad. The Clippers are the better team with the best player in the series. Hard to play the blame game when you don't have the horses. The guys who were available gave it everything they had, but sometimes that's not good enough to win. Maybe you don't have enough in the tank to win. I see Favors dying out there in the 4th, but he's still the best option. It's just unfortunate. Give props to CP3 and the Clips. These have all been fought games and they've edged it out.

Not sure what we can do better tactically. Neto is the best backup PG, and hopefully that will allow us to win the minutes with CP3 on the bench, but beyond that IDK. Maybe try to hide Favors on Luc some more, but CP3 will find a way no matter how you defend it. Perhaps we can try to trap him and force the ball out of his hands if Blake is out.

I totally agree with all of this.

Were you happy that Quin put Ingles on CP3? I think last game you called for someone bigger to guard CP3 to help with the switches. It didn't really seem to help with the PnR (but I think you wanted someone even bigger)...Honestly I think when Chris Paul wants to abuse us, he is just going to abuse us.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#74 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Just finished watching the game.

First of all, props to the Jazz fans. Watching the game on TV, it felt like the crowd was the loudest and most animated in a long while--several season's worth.

As for the game, Hayward was great, especially in the first quarter but also good throughout.

Ingles' defense has been awesome, and good enough for Snyder to even use him on CP3, which didn't work quite as well. Still, Ingles' defense managed to take out Redick for two straight games, and Snyder's adjustment in the third game managed to do that too by switching and defensive adjustments--credit, where credit is due.

As a whole, I'd say Snyder has been the better coach in this series so far. There are issues where I still have much criticism for him (no Exum, no Withey, playing Favors too many minutes), but overall it's been a good series for him so far.

As for Favors, he's doing what he can. He's playing too many minutes and that's on Snyder because even during the season he was on a minute restriction. What did stick out to me though was that he (Favors) has been disjointed, unfocused and unaware on offense. He was also completely ignored by his teammates and was a non-factor because of that, but there were possessions where he didn't even know what's going on on the floor. There was one possession where he was completely open for a long period of time and didn't even realize it, continued to get out of the low post even though he was open and tried to set a screen near the 3pt line, still wide open. Diaw saw him open and passed him and Favors didn't even look at where the ball was which caused a turnover--you got to know you're open like that. At another possession he was setting a screen to...nobody. Like, there was no one around him to set a screen to by the time he did it.

All this didn't change the outcome of the game imho, and this is not meant as an indictment of Favors, but it did stick out. Perhaps it happened because Favors, knowing his own physical condition, didn't expect to be involved on offense and was just focused on saving his strength for defense.

Still, Withey should have gotten minutes, if only to provide Favors with rest and maybe do hack-a-Jordan, though I think he could have contributed more.

Hill was good, especially when he drained 3 consecutive shots in a row, and he also had an important buzzerbeater 3.

CP3 was sensational. Simply awesome. He got what he wanted in the second half and the Jazz couldn't stop him.

Overall, it was a good game to watch. No real complaints about the Jazz who played hard and well. The Clippers finally showed up too.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
millslapper
Senior
And1: 332

Post#75 » by millslapper » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:As a whole, I'd say Snyder has been the better coach in this series so far. There are issues where I still have much criticism for him (no Exum, no Withey, playing Favors too many minutes), but overall it's been a good series for him so far.

Hey may be better than Doc because CP3 is their real coach, but i disagree that he has a good series.

You talked about the Favors issues. It is all on the coach and the staff. Favors should be not allowed to play more than 20 minutes. he is an absolute non threat right now.
(i think he left Withey because of personal reasons --> law charge)

Answer is easy: They have to play Bolomboy. With Favs they gonna loose anyway. so why not get the rookie some burn?

refs were awful, they blew 16 pt lead but i can't blame them because they tried hard.

If Favors plays more than 35 agin and Mack sees any playing time i'm done with the coaching staff.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#76 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:49 pm

millslapper wrote:You talked about the Favors issues. It is all on the coach and the staff. Favors should be not allowed to play more than 20 minutes. he is an absolute non threat right now.

I agree that Favors played too many minutes (all series long). He is playing through an injury and was on minute restriction during the regular season, and also missed a lot of games and may not have the stamina for it. Playing Mack and Neto while Exum gets DNPs is another gripe I have with him, and not using Withey enough is another.

Still, I think he has done a good job in this series overall. The Jazz has been competitive and maintained their good defense even without Gobert and with an injured Favors. He's been able to take Redick out for the first 3 games of the series, had some good play calls out of time outs (something I criticized him on during the regular season) and overall, he gave a disadvantaged Jazz team a shot of winning each of the first 3 games. Rivers has the better team and an advantage in us losing Gobert--his team should have had a much easier time so far, and they don't. So far, Snyder's schemes and adjustments dictated this series, and not Doc's.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
millslapper
Senior
And1: 332

Post#77 » by millslapper » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
millslapper wrote: Rivers has the better team and an advantage in us losing Gobert--his team should have had a much easier time so far, and they don't. So far, Snyder's schemes and adjustments dictated this series, and not Doc's.

I'm not sure if Rivers really has the better "team". sure the best player and a dominating big with Rudy out. Thats it.

Also Snyder could not gain an advantage with Griffin out.

Good idea to go with Ingles on Reddick (also on CP3), but mainly i think the players themselves have stepped up their game.
Reddick is a non factor and the reason for close games, thats right.

Offense looks stagnant too often, Snyders relies to much on creating mismatches and hopes that his players deliver. that is a good idea at the end of games but not all day long.

timeout plays were better in the reg season. so far in the playoffs lot of misses. feels like that.

much criticism from my side, probably too much, but this Favors issue is so big i can't even tell. Just look at the boxscore.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#78 » by pickIBL » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:55 pm

So are we ready to give Tomic 4/40?
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#79 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:58 pm

pickIBL wrote:So are we ready to give Tomic 4/40?

I was on board with bringing Tomic in, but that ship has sailed. It's not happening. The most we'll get is being used for leverage in his next contract negotiations like last time. If he wanted to come to the NBA, he would have done that long ago, and he had plenty of opportunities.

sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: RE: Re: Game 3: LA Clippers @ Utah Jazz Series 1-1 

Post#80 » by sipclip » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:35 pm

pickIBL wrote:So are we ready to give Tomic 4/40?

Of course not. He isn't worth that contract and especially for a backup center.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using RealGM mobile app

Return to Utah Jazz