Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,075

Re: RE: Re: Donovan Mitchell Thread 

Post#321 » by Rauxcee » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:35 pm

vryadli wrote:
sipclip wrote:
outerspacefella wrote:I don't want Mitchell at the dunk contest. I want him resting.

For me I don't really care if he is in it or not. What is important to me is him hanging around with all of the other great stars in this league and building relationships. I still believe Mitchell and Gobert are going to be 2 pieces that free agents want to play with in the next few years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using RealGM mobile app

To facilitate his bolting out?

He's got another 7 years before he can bolt out.
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Post#322 » by vryadli » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:46 am

Rauxcee wrote:
vryadli wrote:
sipclip wrote:For me I don't really care if he is in it or not. What is important to me is him hanging around with all of the other great stars in this league and building relationships. I still believe Mitchell and Gobert are going to be 2 pieces that free agents want to play with in the next few years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using RealGM mobile app

Hm... does he signed something in blood? So he will not pull out Kyrie trick when start to feel that development is over?
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#323 » by sipclip » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:55 am

vryadli wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:
vryadli wrote:

Hm... does he signed something in blood? So he will not pull out Kyrie trick when start to feel that development is over?

Kyrie played 6 years for the cavs and was under contract for another 2. If we want Mitchell here then he will be here for at least 7yrs. No player after the 3rd year of his rookie contract is going to turn down a max extension which is what Mitchell will receive if he continues to progress.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Re: Donovan Mitchell Thread 

Post#324 » by MTJazzv3 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:53 am

^^ "Continues to progress". Yeah, at this pace one can pencil in a max contract extension barring injury. At this point the gripers are picking on DM for hitting a rookie wall and not leading the team, as a rookie, for about 2 recent games. Beware people, DM is going to the All-Star festivities on the Rising Stars and without a doubt the dunk contest, so no rest for the weary but invaluable hang-time with the league stars who already adore him. He is a league darling, hot contender for ROY, which is usually pre-preferred for the #1-3 pick, not #13 playing for the Jazz. Saying it here. Rudy has the big contract and official face of the team but until DM doesn't keep blowing our minds, make no doubt, he is the least touchable player on the team right now in terms of moves.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#325 » by MTJazzv3 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:07 am

THREAD CHECK.
I just surprised myself by looking at this thread's opening post. I can't say I look at the situation differently now. We haven't seen the Ex and DM line-up yet outside of SL and preseason. I may be right or wrong but my gut tells me Ex and DM can be the most exciting back court in the league. Cool part is we don't know yet but oh man, DM showed up so getting Ex to show up or not should resolve the next part.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Post#326 » by vryadli » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:19 pm

sipclip wrote:
vryadli wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:

Kyrie played 6 years for the cavs and was under contract for another 2. If we want Mitchell here then he will be here for at least 7yrs. No player after the 3rd year of his rookie contract is going to turn down a max extension which is what Mitchell will receive if he continues to progress.

To spend ext 7 years (really more - please add time to develope NEXT draft gems) of rebuilding process is to much for normal human psychics. And bored and disgruntled star under the big contract is almost the worst thing which can hit the NBA team. Only really unsuitable coach can beat that misfortune.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#328 » by stitches » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:55 pm

Read on Twitter
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#329 » by DelaneyRudd » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:46 am

I got a huge man crush on Donovan but I think is pretty clear he has rookie mistakes and his stat lines are inflated by extra burn he’s getting over the two rooks in the east on playoff teams.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#330 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:28 am

Donomite is ROTY.....At the 13th pick...
KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#331 » by KDBG » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:36 pm

DelaneyRudd wrote:I got a huge man crush on Donovan but I think is pretty clear he has rookie mistakes and his stat lines are inflated by extra burn he’s getting over the two rooks in the east on playoff teams.

Donovan plays 1 minute more a game than Tatum, and Simmons plays 35 minutes a game, which tops all rookies.

If you're talking about usage rate, you may have a case for Tatum. But you could say the same thing about Simmons with having inflated stats if you're going to say that about Donovan. Simmons has the ball in his hands at least as much as Donovan, if not more. I haven't looked up the actually stats, just a guess.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,682

Post#332 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:23 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:NBA.com came out with new top five rookie rankings this morning, the "Kia Rookie Ladder", and DM is ranked #1, Ben Simmons #2, Lauri Markannen #3, Dennis Smith #4 and Jayson Tatum #5.

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/01/18/2017-18-kia-rookie-ladder-week-14#/

For the new week #15 Kia rookie rankings for games thru Wednesday, Jan. 24, DM and Simmons traded places again, so now we've got the top five rookies ranked as Simmons, DM, Markkanen, Kuzma and Dennis Smith.

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/01/25/2017-18-kia-rookie-ladder-week-15?collection=rookie-ladder#/
outerspacefella
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#333 » by outerspacefella » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:45 pm

I've watched some Markkanen games; dude knows how to play the game. On his way to be a complete, impactful NBA player.
stitches
RealGM

Post#334 » by stitches » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:46 pm

Read on Twitter

No need for consolation prizes, NBA. Just send a "we are sorry, we screwed up" letter to Mitchell and the Jazz instead of this BS.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#335 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:50 pm

stitches wrote:No need for consolation prizes, NBA. Just send a "we are sorry, we screwed up" letter to Mitchell and the Jazz instead of this BS.

Did they announce the 4th participant in the dunk contest?
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM

Post#336 » by stitches » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:13 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
stitches wrote:No need for consolation prizes, NBA. Just send a "we are sorry, we screwed up" letter to Mitchell and the Jazz instead of this BS.

Oladipo, DSJ, AG and Nance Jr.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,023

Post#337 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:23 pm

stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

Oh wow, Nance over DM. SMH. I guess it is in LA, and they have to have some reps.
stitches
RealGM

Post#338 » by stitches » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:23 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:
stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

Oh wow, Nance over DM. SMH. I guess it is in LA, and they have to have some reps.

They should have sent him to the Skills challenge.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#339 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:54 am

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#340 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:15 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:
stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

Nance to the dunk contest is fine, he could be good. Dipo should have been substituted for Mitchell imho.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.

Return to Utah Jazz