Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,810

Re: Jingles resigns 

Post#101 » by zimpy27 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:10 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:
dr0welf wrote:I think he is feeling a lot like I do. Hayward's decision sucked, but I am over it. I like the team we have and I am excited to see how well it goes.

Yes, I think Ingles is excited to get out there and compete with the team we have. Also, with Hayward gone, Ingles will be entering the season for the first time penciled in as starter. Ingles is hopefully embracing this opportunity.

Very true. Rubio, hood, Ingles, favors, Gobert. Donovan, JJ, Burks and Dante off the bench.

It's a good team. Expecting 50 wins
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#102 » by dr0welf » Fri Aug 4, 2017 10:41 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:
dr0welf wrote:I think he is feeling a lot like I do. Hayward's decision sucked, but I am over it. I like the team we have and I am excited to see how well it goes.

Yes, I think Ingles is excited to get out there and compete with the team we have. Also, with Hayward gone, Ingles will be entering the season for the first time penciled in as starter. Ingles is hopefully embracing this opportunity.

Very true. Rubio, hood, Ingles, favors, Gobert. Donovan, JJ, Burks and Dante off the bench.

Plus Sefolosha, Udoh and maybe even Jarebko will be contributors as well. They might be a little less known to us, but I see solid players that in Sefo and Udoh's case were getting solid playing time.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#103 » by stitches » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:43 pm

zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#104 » by zero24gravity » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:41 pm

dr0welf wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Crunch 99 wrote:

Plus Sefolosha, Udoh and maybe even Jarebko will be contributors as well. They might be a little less known to us, but I see solid players that in Sefo and Udoh's case were getting solid playing time.

I'd almost guarantee that Jerebko is a bigger contributor than Udoh. .... unless the unspeakable happens & we lose Rudy or even Favs for an extended period of time. Jerebko fits next to Gobert or Favors as a complimentary player much more-so than Udoh IMO.

Udoh is likely an insurance policy, i.e. this year's Jeff Withey.
Hikari
Starter
And1: 255

Post#105 » by Hikari » Mon Aug 7, 2017 4:46 pm

stitches wrote:https://streamable.com/ekh78

LMFAO
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 431

Post#106 » by TNJazz » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:08 pm

stitches wrote:https://streamable.com/ekh78

Leave it to Ingles, he is so smooth both with his shot and his quotable deliveries. I wold love him as a teammate!
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#107 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:42 am

Utah Jazz: Making the case for Joe Ingles as sixth man
https://thejnotes.com/2017/08/12/utah-jazz-case-joe-ingles-sixth-man/2/

I've assumed that Ingles would be starting at SF, but this guy at Purple and Blues (now the JNotes) is making an argument that Thabo should start. His argument basically is that Thabo is an even better defender than Joe, capable of defending elite small forwards, and that Joe's considerable skills at point forward are much needed with the young guys, Exum and Mitchell, who would also presumably be coming off the bench.

No doubt Ingles would be a very helpful, stabilizing influence playing alongside Exum and Mitchell, but I think I want Joe in the starting lineup. Many people are already rating our starting offense with Ingles as subpar, but I think it would be even more subpar with Thabo starting in place of Ingles. Thabo has only shot the three ball at 33.5% the last three seasons compared to Ingles' 40% over the last three seasons. That's a pretty big spread. Though Joe and Thabo have been scoring similar low points, Joe has recently been rated quite a bit higher than Thabo on various offensive rankings. In addition, Ingles has played with Rubio before, played with Rudy before (and Hood and Favors) and can help integrate Rubio in to the new starting offense. Joe seems quite coachable, adaptable and ready to help lead by playing the role in the starting lineup that the Coaches ask him to play. I trust Ingles to make the right play at the right time on offense in the starting lineup whereas I am not so sure about the new guy.

A hopeful Jazz fan.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#108 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Sep 4, 2017 2:43 am

Hoops Hype projected the top 30 small forwards for the coming season and Ingles came in at #15. That position is stacked with a lot of talent, so 15 is a pretty good ranking. Other small forwards recently talked about here were ranked as follows: Butler #5, George #6, Haywood #7, Gallinari #11, Crowder #14, Rudy Gay #19 and Wilson Chandler #21.

They are giving Ingles a lot of credit for game plan execution and defense.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/09/03/we-have-projected-the-top-30-small-forwards-for-2017-18/
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#109 » by Daddy 801 » Mon Sep 4, 2017 3:25 am

I can see both Ingles and Thabo coming off the bench at times. Exum and Hood could start at the 2/3 and run with Rubio. Then sub in Ingles for Favs and Mitchell for Exum/Rubio. I don't expect one starting lineup all season. It's not how Quin works. He will look at matchups and adjust game by game.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#110 » by MTJazzv3 » Mon Sep 4, 2017 5:27 am

Daddy 801 wrote:I can see both Ingles and Thabo coming off the bench at times. Exum and Hood could start at the 2/3 and run with Rubio. Then sub in Ingles for Favs and Mitchell for Exum/Rubio. I don't expect one starting lineup all season. It's not how Quin works. He will look at matchups and adjust game by game.

Yup. It will be fluid. I do expect that Q is going to have a regular night's box score with 10 guys well represented. Will change night to night based on match-ups and injuries. The Jazz platoon strength is large and is an advantage if well-harnessed. As snake bit as the Jazz have been on injuries the last couple years I am a fan of platooning so when it comes playoffs all the guys are ready. Outside of the top 8 guys will earn floor time based on focus, defense and not being stupid on offense.

For whatever it is worth my best friend is a native Celtics fan and he told me we are going to love Jerebko. Hustler, skills that include shooting. Hasn't made his NBA "notice me" run yet. He referred me to DMC as an underappreciated/utilized guy on the former Jazz and DMC was never vaunted as a potential shooter.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
MTJazzv3
Veteran

Post#111 » by MTJazzv3 » Mon Sep 4, 2017 5:37 am

zero24gravity wrote:
dr0welf wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
I'd almost guarantee that Jerebko is a bigger contributor than Udoh. .... unless the unspeakable happens & we lose Rudy or even Favs for an extended period of time. Jerebko fits next to Gobert or Favors as a complimentary player much more-so than Udoh IMO.

Udoh is likely an insurance policy, i.e. this year's Jeff Withey.

We don't need an "either or" here. My guess is Epke is going to be way better than people believe at this point. I think both players have a new shot at relevancy in their NBA careers. They are different players but both with intriguing games. I think the Jazz have embraced the proposition that your career isn't over when you hit your mid-twenties and not a star. Look at Jingles. No one is forecasting MIP for Epke or Jerebko but that doesn't mean they won't be major cogs in the Jazz bench line-up. It is early September and I am drinking Kool-aid because, whatever, the pundits have written the Jazz off. Pretty sure this team is going to be a serious bummer for WC teams looking by them at this point. Homer view maybe but I think the Jazz are in a perfect spot - no one expects them to be in the conversation come playoffs. That will change by December.
MTJazzv3
Veteran

Post#112 » by MTJazzv3 » Mon Sep 4, 2017 5:42 am

And for gods sakes moderators, can we correct the "Jingles resigns" grammar at some point here? Jingles resigning is a lot different to Jingles re-signed. Kind of embarrassing at this point unless there is deep irony about Jingles resigning that people are getting off on. Haywood resigned. His best buddy Ingles didn't.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#113 » by AingesBurner » Mon Sep 4, 2017 8:32 pm

MTJazzv3 wrote:And for gods sakes moderators, can we correct the "Jingles resigns" grammar at some point here? Jingles resigning is a lot different to Jingles re-signed. Kind of embarrassing at this point unless there is deep irony about Jingles resigning that people are getting off on. Haywood resigned. His best buddy Ingles didn't.

Fixed you bloody wanker :D
Ingles is cooked.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#114 » by BudTugly » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:22 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:Hoops Hype projected the top 30 small forwards for the coming season and Ingles came in at #15. That position is stacked with a lot of talent, so 15 is a pretty good ranking. Other small forwards recently talked about here were ranked as follows: Butler #5, George #6, Haywood #7, Gallinari #11, Crowder #14, Rudy Gay #19 and Wilson Chandler #21.

They are giving Ingles a lot of credit for game plan execution and defense.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/09/03/we-have-projected-the-top-30-small-forwards-for-2017-18/

Wow, I thought I was the only guy on RealGM who sees him as a legit starter.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Re: Jingles re-signs 

Post#115 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:33 pm

In the 55th game of the season last night, Ingles scored a career high 23 points on 9-15 shooting, along with 5 assists and 5 rebounds. He's made it to a double digit scorer this season at 10.4 ppg. He recently added a nice floater to his game. He is attempting a couple more threes per game than last season while still maintaining a very high 3pt % at .446, good for top five in league. He's at a career high TS% at .625, good for number two on the team behind Gobert. He is the only Jazz player to play in every single game. Ingles doesn't fare particularly well on several broad measures of performance like PER and PIE, but he always fares well on RPM, ranking in the top ten for small forwards. I am still a little worried about what Ingles might give us on the fourth season of his contract, but I think this first season on the new contract is going well.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#116 » by dautjazz » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:In the 55th game of the season last night, Ingles scored a career high 23 points on 9-15 shooting, along with 5 assists and 5 rebounds. He's made it to a double digit scorer this season at 10.4 ppg. He recently added a nice floater to his game. He is attempting a couple more threes per game than last season while still maintaining a very high 3pt % at .446, good for top five in league. He's at a career high TS% at .625, good for number two on the team behind Gobert. He is the only Jazz player to play in every single game. Ingles doesn't fare particularly well on several broad measures of performance like PER and PIE, but he always fares well on RPM, ranking in the top ten for small forwards. I am still a little worried about what Ingles might give us on the fourth season of his contract, but I think this first season on the new contract is going pretty well.

I think Ingles is going to age well. Ingles doesn't depend on athleticism, so I don't think he has that much to lose in terms of speed and what he does I don't think will effect him so much. I think Ingles is probably going to get better next year and that will probably be his peak form for a few years.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#117 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:22 pm

Video of a young "Jumpin' Joe Ingles" playing above the rim:

Read on Twitter
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#118 » by AingesBurner » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:02 am

Ingles is our Ginobili.

Ingles is cooked.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#119 » by BudTugly » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:10 am

You gotta love it when a guy gets paid, and delivers. He keeps getting better too. Just a year or two ago Joe was seen as a JAG fringe bench player. Great story.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#120 » by LesGrossman » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:15 am

GobertReport wrote:Ingles is our Ginobili.

Ginobili is 10x more athletic than Joe. You must have missed his highlights.

Ingles is more like André Miller. Everyone knew what was coming and where it would happen (way below the rim) and yet noone could stop it.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.

Return to Utah Jazz