The DFav Comeback Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,680

The DFav Comeback Thread 

Post#1 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:48 am

This thread is early, but I am hopeful that Favor's comeback will turn out to be a big, positive story for the Jazz this season --- worth a dedicated thread! :) The pre-season indicators are positive. Last season I got burned expecting a big performance out of Favors, but this season Favors says he is healthy and he looks healthy. He looks like he trimmed down, both to take some pressure off his knees and to be able to cover modern small power-forwards better.

Hopefully this thread doesn't end in disappointment like my expectations for Favors ended last season, but this talented young man just barely turned 26 years old. Why shouldn't Favors be able to bounce back and become an even better player than before? Go Favors!

stitches wrote:
Favs looks awesome:
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Re: The DFav Comeback Thread 

Post#2 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 am

FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#3 » by FJS » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:16 pm

I hope that. We need all the help avalaible. and he was a borderline allstar.
Dry Fly
Starter
And1: 928

Post#4 » by Dry Fly » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:41 pm

I've said this many times on here before, but Favs is the key for this team to contend. Man I hope he is healthy and stays healthy.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#5 » by stitches » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Favs is gonna thrash up the league this year. Just watch! GET HYPED, guys! The Rim Reapers are back:
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#6 » by AingesBurner » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:17 pm

I am just excited Favors has lost weight and worked on extending his game at the 3.
Ingles is cooked.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#7 » by MTJazzv3 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:47 pm

GobertReport wrote:I am just excited Favors has lost weight and worked on extending his game at the 3.

I'm not holding my breath on the 3-ball. As long as he can hit that mid-range jumper I'm good.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#8 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:18 pm

stitches wrote:The Rim Reapers are back

Never heard that nickname before. Love it! A player should get the nickname of the Rim Reaper.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM

Post#9 » by stitches » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:

Never heard that nickname before. Love it! A player should get the nickname of the Rim Reaper.

I've been calling Favs+Rudy the Rim reapers for a while :) Welcome on the bandwagon. :D
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#10 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:43 pm

stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

I've been calling Favs+Rudy the Rim reapers for a while :) Welcome on the bandwagon. :D

On this board? Pictures or it didn't happen. 8-)

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM

Post#11 » by stitches » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:On this board? Pictures or it didn't happen. 8-)

This is from like... 2 years ago:
viewtopic.php?t=1403844
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#12 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:08 pm

stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:On this board? Pictures or it didn't happen. 8-)

This is from like... 2 years ago:
viewtopic.php?t=1403844

I guess it did happen... :thumbsup:
Not lately though, otherwise I think I would have remembered, that nickname is too good to forget. Might as well use it a lot this season, as it might be our last chance to do so.

Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#13 » by Luigi » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:04 pm

I'm a big Favors fan. He came through big for us in the playoffs last year, playing injured and still making plays.

I hope he plays great. I am worried he might play himself out of a Jazz uniform if he costs too much, especially with healthy concerns. But I'm looking forward to seeing him play, hopefully healthy.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#14 » by SoCalJazzFan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:44 pm

MTJazzv3 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:I am just excited Favors has lost weight and worked on extending his game at the 3.

I'm not holding my breath on the 3-ball. As long as he can hit that mid-range jumper I'm good.

I thought the same thing, it is one thing to hit those in the gym over the summer and another to do so during games (or even be set up for those shots in the offense). However, a couple of years ago Favors became very proficient with the mid-range J, and so perhaps he did the same this past summer with the three. A PF who has even marginal 3pt shooting, but above average paint and rim protection would be very valuable.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#15 » by Luigi » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:10 pm

Yeah, just being another notch or two more reliable from 15-20 feet would be enough to make me happy.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#16 » by KqWIN » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:24 pm

I think Favors leads the team in scoring this season. The shots he likes are the ones he will get. The mid range will be there all day, and he is more than willing to take that shot. Will it be efficient offense? It's very hard to do that shooting 18 foot jumpers.

I really hope that this is the year he decides to run. If he falls in love with dominating the break like Malone instead of his mid range shot we will be in business!
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#17 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:06 pm

KqWIN wrote:I think Favors leads the team in scoring this season. The shots he likes are the ones he will get. The mid range will be there all day, and he is more than willing to take that shot. Will it be efficient offense? It's very hard to do that shooting 18 foot jumpers.

I really hope that this is the year he decides to run. If he falls in love with dominating the break like Malone instead of his mid range shot we will be in business!

If he runs he can lead in PPG. Otherwise I don't see it.

Favs has been my favorite Jazz man since Millsap. Hope he makes a comeback, stays healthy, and gets an extension and stays with the Jazz.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#18 » by BudTugly » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:16 pm

He gon rek Melo.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#19 » by KqWIN » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:02 am

Daddy 801 wrote:
KqWIN wrote:I think Favors leads the team in scoring this season. The shots he likes are the ones he will get. The mid range will be there all day, and he is more than willing to take that shot. Will it be efficient offense? It's very hard to do that shooting 18 foot jumpers.

Favs has been my favorite Jazz man since Millsap. Hope he makes a comeback, stays healthy, and gets an extension and stays with the Jazz.

I think he'll lead regardless because he'll take the most shots. A lot of people are thinking it'll be Hood, but the game will get tougher on him as the primary focus on the defense. Favors, on the other hand, will be given unlimited mid range jump shots and he loves that shot.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#20 » by Daddy 801 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:28 am

KqWIN wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:

I think he'll lead regardless because he'll take the most shots. A lot of people are thinking it'll be Hood, but the game will get tougher on him as the primary focus on the defense. Favors, on the other hand, will be given unlimited mid range jump shots and he loves that shot.

I hope he isn't taking the midrange and is driving to the hoop.

If I had to guess it would be Gobert leads the team. Something like 18 or 19 PPG, and Favs somewhere around 16-17 PPG. I think Favs, Gobert, and Hood are all so close who knows though.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to Utah Jazz