Jazz 2017-2018 Season Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 934

Re: Jazz 2017-2018 Season Thread 

Post#1061 » by tleikheen » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:08 pm

On to Houston.......my key to this series is the Capela vs Gobert matchup. Gobert CANNOT let Capela get slamdunk after slamdunk If Gobert wins his battle decisively against Capela ,he throws a big monkey wrench into Houston's attack.

I'd love seeing Ingles on Harden and Rubio on CP 3 and the others swarm the slow footed shooters at the 3 pt line .Houston shooters are awesome but their lead footed ,force them to put the ball on the floor.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#1063 » by Daddy 801 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:52 pm

The Suns are interviewing Igor again. Good for him, sucks for us.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#1064 » by Daddy 801 » Wed May 2, 2018 3:25 pm

Trade idea in the offseason.

Assume Washington wants a little cap relief and a chance to switch things up.

Utah trades Udoh, Thabo, Jerebko, Burks, and 2019 draft swap rights top 8 protected for Otto Porter. Utah gets the wing it desperately needs and Washington gets cap space relief this season and next season with a chance at a draft pick swap next season.

Otto is overpaid, but he is a great at 3 point shooting and from what I know and have seen he has decent/good at defense. The question for the Jazz is are they prepared to be out of the 2019 free agency contention for good players...that's a hard one to gauge.

The extra spacing Otto would provide would be huge IMO. If you compare Hayward and Otto at their fifth years it is nice to see how well Otto compares. Otto is a 3 point shooter and Hayward is effective by drawing fouls. Hayward has better handles but Otto seems to be a better rebounder. Otto shoots more from the 3 and Hayward was a 2 point shooter. If our staff can work with Otto on improving his drives (which they seem to be able to do) they could help Otto become a more complete player. But having a player who is shooting over 40% from the 3 would be amazing.

A Rubio, DM, Otto, Favs, Gobert lineup would really be able to do some damage. That means we would have Ingles as our sixth man who I think would adopt the Manu role perfectly. And then we still have Exum, Royce, and Crowder to round out the rotation. That's a good squad.

Obviously this assumes Washington would even do that trade. Might require just giving up the pick this year. Not sure.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#1065 » by ForeverRDjazz » Thu May 3, 2018 4:17 am

Daddy 801 wrote:Trade idea in the offseason.

Utah trades Udoh, Thabo, Jerebko, Burks, and 2019 draft swap rights top 8 protected for Otto Porter. Utah gets the wing it desperately needs and Washington gets cap space relief this season and next season with a chance at a draft pick swap next season.

Otto is overpaid, but he is a great at 3 point shooting and from what I know and have seen he has decent/good at defense. The question for the Jazz is are they prepared to be out of the 2019 free agency contention for good players...that's a hard one to gauge.

The extra spacing Otto would provide would be huge IMO. If you compare Hayward and Otto at their fifth years it is nice to see how well Otto compares. Otto is a 3 point shooter and Hayward is effective by drawing fouls. Hayward has better handles but Otto seems to be a better rebounder. Otto shoots more from the 3 and Hayward was a 2 point shooter. If our staff can work with Otto on improving his drives (which they seem to be able to do) they could help Otto become a more complete player. But having a player who is shooting over 40% from the 3 would be amazing.

A Rubio, DM, Otto, Favs, Gobert lineup would really be able to do some damage. That means we would have Ingles as our sixth man who I think would adopt the Manu role perfectly. And then we still have Exum, Royce, and Crowder to round out the rotation. That's a good squad.

Obviously this assumes Washington would even do that trade. Might require just giving up the pick this year. Not sure.

Not sure i'd rather have Joe I starting over Otto.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#1066 » by Daddy 801 » Thu May 3, 2018 12:44 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:Trade idea in the offseason.

Not sure i'd rather have Joe I starting over Otto.

Honestly I don’t get too worried about who starts. I think we’ve seen Quin is going to adjust the lineup anyway. I just think Ingles is laid back enough he doesn’t care and have an ego. In a vacuum I agree with you though. Joe is the man.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#1067 » by jazzfanWA » Thu May 3, 2018 6:48 pm

Good John Stockton interview by Patrick today on you tube.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#1068 » by stitches » Thu May 3, 2018 8:06 pm

jazzfanWA wrote:Good John Stockton interview by Patrick today on you tube.

Here's the one :

vryadli
Rookie
And1: 356

Post#1069 » by vryadli » Thu May 3, 2018 10:03 pm

stitches wrote:
jazzfanWA wrote:Good John Stockton interview by Patrick today on you tube.

Here's the one :

That is absolutely great, how Stockton answers - friendly laugh, short thinking, then dive to the matter, nothing rubber-stumped or superfluous.

But header on the clip is just as funny as some comments on last game. Big, long talk with focus on history - and the main part of it for some people is a fewcasual words about how DS came to accept DM as a special player. That is so bizarre that is really fun.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#1070 » by Daddy 801 » Fri May 4, 2018 6:18 pm

On Locked's show yesterday he mentioned how Igor going could also mean Antoine Lang is probably going to get hired by Igor. He is Favs guy. I think the Suns will offer Favs a contract. They can let Alex Len walk and sign Favs.

We might see 2-3 of our coaches poached by Igor and wouldn't be surprised to see Neto and Favs in a Suns uniform next year. Sucks.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#1071 » by AingesBurner » Fri May 4, 2018 6:22 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:On Locked's show yesterday he mentioned how Igor going could also mean Antoine Lang is probably going to get hired by Igor. He is Favs guy. I think the Suns will offer Favs a contract. They can let Alex Len walk and sign Favs.

We might see 2-3 of our coaches poached by Igor and wouldn't be surprised to see Neto and Favs in a Suns uniform next year. Sucks.

As long as Johnnie Bryant stays with the Jazz I am cool.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#1072 » by Daddy 801 » Fri May 4, 2018 6:24 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:On Locked's show yesterday he mentioned how Igor going could also mean Antoine Lang is probably going to get hired by Igor. He is Favs guy. I think the Suns will offer Favs a contract. They can let Alex Len walk and sign Favs.

That's my thought as well. He has done a tremendous job with our guards. Antoine has done a good job with Favs as well though. Not sure if he is also Rudy's main coach.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#1073 » by AingesBurner » Fri May 4, 2018 6:26 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

That's my thought as well. He has done a tremendous job with our guards. Antoine has done a good job with Favs as well though. Not sure if he is also Rudy's main coach.

He might be Rudy's coach but I think you could bring in another big man coach as well, try to pull Karl Malone in.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#1074 » by Daddy 801 » Fri May 4, 2018 6:55 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

He might be Rudy's coach but I think you could bring in another big man coach as well, try to pull Karl Malone in.

Karl isn’t coaching. He is busy living up life.

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#1075 » by AingesBurner » Fri May 4, 2018 7:05 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:

Karl isn’t coaching. He is busy living up life.

Hey a bro can dream.
Ingles is cooked.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#1076 » by El Hespiritu » Mon May 7, 2018 8:44 pm

Should we re-brand?

-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#1077 » by BudTugly » Wed May 9, 2018 2:49 am

That was the best most emotional season since 1998. This team is special, and will be better next year almost certainly. Glad to share the ride with you guys, even you damn tankers. 8-)
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#1078 » by Daddy 801 » Wed May 9, 2018 3:17 am

Also the most fun I’ve had as a fan of any team any season. I got the player I wanted in the draft. I thought we were gonna tank. We turned into a defensive juggernaut. We made Westbrook flip out. And we put up a challenge to the team I think is going to win it all this year. Great season.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,015

Post#1079 » by SoCalJazzFan » Wed May 9, 2018 5:41 am

This season was so bipolar, but the second half of it was so crazy fun. I have so much more hope and expectations than I did at this time last year with the future pegged to a maxed Hayward.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#1080 » by stitches » Wed May 9, 2018 4:48 pm

Exit Interview: Utah Jazz by Paolo Uggetti

Return to Utah Jazz