Around the NBA, Season 2017-2018

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,075

Re: Around the NBA, Season 2017-2018 

Post#521 » by Rauxcee » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Jaylen Brown really stepped up his game ever since the injuries hit the Celtics.

He's been very impressive. Because of his and Tatum's play, I would be shocked if Hayward finishes out his contract and isn't traded. Unless his contract is deemed untradeable that is. I think those players make him replaceable, and why pay 30+ million to a guy who very well could be outshined by 2 younger players. If they trade him while his value is high they could get a very nice piece to surround Irving, Tatum, Brown, and Rozier with.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#522 » by Daddy 801 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:04 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:I don’t think I would trade for CJ. They would want too much for what we would have to give up. I do want Portland to be unsuccessful so Dame considers leaving in a few tyrants though. As a player who has said he would consider Utah it would be wild to see Dame and DM playing with each other in two years.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I thought it was longer then 2 years?

First off...no idea why my phone autocorrected years to tyrants.
But, you are right. He is on contract until 2020-21 year.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#523 » by Daddy 801 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:20 pm

Rauxcee wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:Jaylen Brown really stepped up his game ever since the injuries hit the Celtics.

He's been very impressive. Because of his and Tatum's play, I would be shocked if Hayward finishes out his contract and isn't traded. Unless his contract is deemed untradeable that is. I think those players make him replaceable, and why pay 30+ million to a guy who very well could be outshined by 2 younger players. If they trade him while his value is high they could get a very nice piece to surround Irving, Tatum, Brown, and Rozier with.

I will not be shocked if he is the main piece in Kawhi trade. What other salary would Boston send? The need to send a wing and a large amount of salary if they are to get Kawhi.

Spurs could send Kawhi and Mills and get Tatum or Brown, Hayward and a draft pick or two. I think Boston would try and send Brown and more draft picks and keep Tatum, but the Spurs probably push for Tatum.

Kyrie, Brown, Kawhi, Morris, Horford is a nasty group. Not to mention Boston still has draft picks that are good even if they send good draft picks to the Spurs.

Let's be honest. Hayward being traded would all make us smile. I mean the Spurs are a great organization to go to. But I would still smile at the idea of him leaving a team that would have been loyal until he retired to go to a team that trades him before he even plays a whole season.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#524 » by AingesBurner » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:00 am

Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:I don’t think I would trade for CJ. They would want too much for what we would have to give up. I do want Portland to be unsuccessful so Dame considers leaving in a few tyrants though. As a player who has said he would consider Utah it would be wild to see Dame and DM playing with each other in two years.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I thought it was longer then 2 years?

First off...no idea why my phone autocorrected years to tyrants.
But, you are right. He is on contract until 2020-21 year.

Haha I was like wait what but I figured that and I don’t know if Dame will age well.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Ingles is cooked.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#525 » by BudTugly » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:19 am

I can’t remember rooting for Miami since Zo was getting his ankle chewed on. I find this Philly team to be distinctly unlikeable.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#526 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:47 am

BudTugly wrote:I can’t remember rooting for Miami since Zo was getting his ankle chewed on. I find this Philly team to be distinctly unlikeable.

I like Hinkie more than I like the people he drafted. Although Embiid is hilarious.

Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#527 » by Rauxcee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:08 am

I can't believe Portland could be down 3 games. Crazy.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#528 » by KqWIN » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:31 am

The way NOP is playing is just amazing. Mirotic has been a killer on both ends. Dame looks like he's quit already.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#529 » by Rauxcee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:46 am

Am I being completely ridiculous in saying the Pelicans should keep Mitotic and move on from Cousins? I don't watch them play a lot, but they look better with him than Cousins in the small sample size I've watched.

Or is this just another Gobert situation where the team just happens to do well with him out, but long term they need him?
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#530 » by dautjazz » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:56 am

Rauxcee wrote:I can't believe Portland could be down 3 games. Crazy.

That would make 7 out of their last 8 games ending in losses. Ofcourse we lost to them in such a crucial game lol. They get HCA, and do NOTHING with it, we still won on the road. The irony.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#531 » by KqWIN » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:58 am

Rauxcee wrote:Am I being completely ridiculous in saying the Pelicans should keep Mitotic and move on from Cousins? I don't watch them play a lot, but they look better with him than Cousins in the small sample size I've watched.

Or is this just another Gobert situation where the team just happens to do well with him out, but long term they need him?

I think you're absolutely right. They should still resign Boogie, but then look to trade him for another wing. Boogie for Otto Porter would make them so good.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#532 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:02 am

KqWIN wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:Am I being completely ridiculous in saying the Pelicans should keep Mitotic and move on from Cousins? I don't watch them play a lot, but they look better with him than Cousins in the small sample size I've watched.

I think you're absolutely right. They should still resign Boogie, but then look to trade him for another wing. Boogie for Otto Porter would make them so good.

This is exactly what I would be looking to do. And Washington might consider it.

And the Pels continue to do what I thought they would, wreck the blazers. And despite how well they are doing I think the Jazz could take them. Matchups matter.

dautjazz
RealGM

Post#533 » by dautjazz » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:05 am

Daddy 801 wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

This is exactly what I would be looking to do. And Washington might consider it.

And the Pels continue to do what I thought they would, wreck the blazers. And despite how well they are doing I think the Jazz could take them. Matchups matter.

I agree with trading Cousins, but for Porter? This would be an absolute steal for the Wizards.
NickAnderson wrote:

Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#534 » by Rauxcee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:16 am

dautjazz wrote:

That would make 7 out of their last 8 games ending in losses. Ofcourse we lost to them in such a crucial game lol. They get HCA, and do NOTHING with it, we still won on the road. The irony.

That loss still pisses me off. Especially with how much the Blazers have been a disaster. They don't deserve that 3rd seed. Obviously this is a match up problem, but Portland is going to have to change something, because this isn't working.
(Speaking of match ups I still like the Jazz's chances better against the Pelicans and the Blazers than I do OKC)

I think if they trade cousins they can get something better than Porter. But they get a solid wing player they could be very serious as long as Davis is healthy.
dautjazz
RealGM

Post#535 » by dautjazz » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:24 am

Rauxcee wrote:
dautjazz wrote:

That loss still pisses me off. Especially with how much the Blazers have been a disaster. They don't deserve that 3rd seed. Obviously this is a match up problem, but Portland is going to have to change something, because this isn't working.
(Speaking of match ups I still like the Jazz's chances better against the Pelicans and the Blazers than I do OKC)

I think if they trade cousins they can get something better than Porter. But they get a solid wing player they could be very serious as long as Davis is healthy.

That said, hopefully the Pelicans can pull a MAJOR upset vs the Warriors, I mean I don't see it happening, but Holiday and Rondo have been really good, obviously playoff Rondo can be devastating what he does offensively and defensively, and Holiday has been playing out of mind lately. AD obviously needs no intro and Mirotic has been good. If Curry struggles, and AD takes on the Durant matchup, it could actually be an interesting matchup. Obviously the Warriors at their best could crush the Pels, but really they have been struggling, they have had the good fortune of a really easy matchup with an old and injured Spurs, now Pops is even missing the home games with his wife's death, but the Pels if they find a way to limit Curry/Durant, have slight chance. Hey one can dream lol.
NickAnderson wrote:

KqWIN
RealGM

Post#536 » by KqWIN » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:24 am

I'm 99% sure the Pelicans would be a better team now and for the future with Otto instead of Boogie. The alternatives would be signing Boogie to a max or letting him walk for nothing. Neither seem very appetizing to me. Otto Porter is a hell of a player and exactly what they need.
LEO MESSI
Junior
And1: 260

Post#537 » by LEO MESSI » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:30 am

KqWIN wrote:I'm 99% sure the Pelicans would be a better team now and for the future with Otto instead of Boogie. The alternatives would be signing Boogie to a max or letting him walk for nothing. Neither seem very appetizing to me. Otto Porter is a hell of a player and exactly what they need.

I was thinking the same thing, imagine this Pelicans team with Rondo, Jrue, Otto, Mirotic and Davis. Man, that is a great team.
DMC is from Washington, maybe the Pels should take a loot at S&T DMC to them.

Wizards would also look good, Oubre could fill Otto role.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#538 » by KqWIN » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:33 am

Dame got too much awards/praise this season. Should've know that he would have collapsed. He's only good when he's crying for awards :lol:
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#539 » by Rauxcee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:37 am

Of all the first round match ups that I thought would get swept, the Blazers weren't one of them.

Anthony Davis though. My goodness. If I could take any one player in the league to add to the Jazz it would be him.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#540 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:29 am

KqWIN wrote:I'm 99% sure the Pelicans would be a better team now and for the future with Otto instead of Boogie. The alternatives would be signing Boogie to a max or letting him walk for nothing. Neither seem very appetizing to me. Otto Porter is a hell of a player and exactly what they need.

I’m with you on this. Mirotic is a great compliment to AD. They just need a wing.

To those saying they could get more. Whom? What wing is better than Porter that is realistic trade partner?

Return to Utah Jazz