Rudy out for 4-to-6 weeks with bone bruise in his right knee

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Re: Rudy out for 4-to-6 weeks with bone bruise in his right knee 

Post#21 » by FJS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:06 am

difficult season so far. it was difficult with our whole roster, without exum, gobert and JJ is a nightmare.
outerspacefella
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#22 » by outerspacefella » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:28 pm

- Waiter's play should be seriously rewatched by the NBA; it was not just "reckless"... it was an intentional tackle to Gobert's legs... sorry, not even debatable

- Here hoping Rudy's abscense proves we lose a lot of stuff without him... so we can put to rest whichever doubts we can still have about his value being in his contract's number terrirory... love Rudy, but his game do have to evolve a bit if he really wants to play the bigger role that fits the effort and compromise the Jazz made with him...

- Favs finally gets his chance to play the position that fits him better; either he takes advantage of it or he does not... I hope he does (I really really like this guy) but he needs to get a little bit more angry and rough out there, and he needs to finally find out how to use his athletitic abilities... his time is now...

- We need talent, so a decision has to be made... do we play the way we should or do we go for the next draft's better possible piece of talent? Three seasons go away in an amazingly quick manner, and even Mitchell will grow bitter if Jazz brass don't show the balls needed to get talent to grow and play with him... Hard call, but a little bunch guys at the Jazz organization are well paid to do it... I don't want to sound like a Niike guy but... dudes, just do it!
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#23 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:57 pm

eLo wrote:ok lets suppose Jazz with Fav as main big will start to play really good, or in our present case relatively good :P what a bonehead would try to trade him, guy who was always loyal to this organization, still is relatively young, and we all know he is capable to deliver 20/10 every night with elite defense, not Gob def but in our situation overall he can be much more useful than Gob who will always by limited offensively.

You trade him because he can walk at the end of the season anyway without the Jazz having any control over it, and because playing next to Gobert made him look really bad and only accentuates this is a bad situation for him. It lowers the value of his next contract, he's putting up bad stats, and sits on the bench in the clutch because the coach doesn't want to play them together--be it right or wrong. He's very likely do be gone since on this team there is no place for him, especially with this roster.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#24 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:59 pm

outerspacefella wrote:- Here hoping Rudy's abscense proves we lose a lot of stuff without him... so we can put to rest whichever doubts we can still have about his value being in his contract's number terrirory... love Rudy, but his game do have to evolve a bit if he really wants to play the bigger role that fits the effort and compromise the Jazz made with him...

Not sure about that. The Jazz are about to enter a brutal stretch that was going to make the team lose a lot of games anyway. If anything, him being injured now would only add to the speculation you're referring to, unless something weird happens and we actually win more games than anticipated.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: RE: Re: Rudy out for 4-to-6 weeks with bone bruise in his right knee 

Post#25 » by sipclip » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:35 pm

stitches wrote:After the home stretch... we have brutal December. We might not win a single game in Dec. (I mean chances are we win some but it won't be many).

This injury sets us up perfectly. We have a brutal stretch of games to fall out of the playoff picture while at the same time showcasing Favors to build his value. We just need to pray that management is smart enough to trade him when he is playing well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using RealGM mobile app
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#26 » by sipclip » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:36 pm

KqWIN wrote:Favors at the 5 has the added bonus of Favors not playing at the 4, but we’re still gonna suck. Not top 5 draft territory, but there is also no chance the Jazz sniff the playoffs. 30-35 win team. Maybe less.

With our schedule for the next 2 months their is a very good chance we are in that top 5 territory.

eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#27 » by eLo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
eLo wrote:ok lets suppose Jazz with Fav as main big will start to play really good, or in our present case relatively good :P what a bonehead would try to trade him, guy who was always loyal to this organization, still is relatively young, and we all know he is capable to deliver 20/10 every night with elite defense, not Gob def but in our situation overall he can be much more useful than Gob who will always by limited offensively.

You trade him because he can walk at the end of the season anyway without the Jazz having any control over it, and because playing next to Gobert made him look really bad and only accentuates this is a bad situation for him. It lowers the value of his next contract, he's putting up bad stats, and sits on the bench in the clutch because the coach doesn't want to play them together--be it right or wrong. He's very likely do be gone since on this team there is no place for him, especially with this roster.

If Fav proves to be on right spot with team and will lead us in right way our stuff should resign him no mater what, and thats it. Its not like we have to keep Gob because he got new contract and get rid of Fav, even if the second one will prove to be more useful for current Jazz team. Some Fans talk lot about loyalty this summer yet since Larry is gonne Jazz organization is not much loyal to its many devoted players, and whats silly in this situation we dont end good with that in most cases.

PS. as my friend put on our polish Jazzfans site(which link you can find below :) ), and its based on adv stats, biggest problem is not Fav and Gob on flor but cooperation of Gob and Rick- this is the key problem. So the options are 3, they will learn how to play together , or you trade Gob, you trade Ricky, "simple" as that.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#28 » by sipclip » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:36 pm

eLo wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
eLo wrote:ok lets suppose Jazz with Fav as main big will start to play really good, or in our present case relatively goodwhat a bonehead would try to trade him, guy who was always loyal to this organization, still is relatively young, and we all know he is capable to deliver 20/10 every night with elite defense, not Gob def but in our situation overall he can be much more useful than Gob who will always by limited offensively.

If Fav proves to be on right spot with team and will lead us in right way our stuff should resign him no mater what, and thats it. Its not like we have to keep Gob because he got new contract and get rid of Fav, even if the second one will prove to be more useful for current Jazz team. Some Fans talk lot about loyalty this summer yet since Larry is gonne Jazz organization is not much loyal to its many devoted players, and whats silly in this situation we dont end good with that in most cases.

PS. as my friend put on our polish Jazzfans site(which link you can find below :) ), and its based on adv stats, biggest problem is not Fav and Gob on flor but cooperation of Gob and Rick- this is the key problem. So the options are 3, they will learn how to play together , or you trade Gob, you trade Ricky, "simple" as that.

You are clearly missing the point. If Favors thrives with Rudy down it will be become pretty obvious that he can't do those same things playing with Rudy. Favors is at his best playing center and when it comes to this off-season he is going to get offers from teams that fit his game better than playing with Rudy. If I'm Favors there is no way I re-sign to play in a crowded paint with Rudy and the Jazz front office needs to have that same thinking. If Favors plays well we could see his trade value skyrocket because there will be plenty of cap strapped teams that want his bird rights going into free agency.

eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#29 » by eLo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:44 pm

sipclip wrote:
eLo wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

You are clearly missing the point. If Favors thrives with Rudy down it will be become pretty obvious that he can't do those same things playing with Rudy. Favors is at his best playing center and when it comes to this off-season he is going to get offers from teams that fit his game better than playing with Rudy. If I'm Favors there is no way I re-sign to play in a crowded paint with Rudy and the Jazz front office needs to have that same thinking. If Favors plays well we could see his trade value skyrocket because there will be plenty of cap strapped teams that want his bird rights going into free agency.

I understand this but i disagree that we have to end up with Gob and let go Fav, thats all. In our current situation Fav can be more efficient than Gob. Gob was great last season when we have two terrific shooters people should mind that

Return to Utah Jazz