Trade ideas

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#181 » by tleikheen » Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:42 pm

I still want to move Favors and Hood before we either have to pay a lot to keep them or lose them for nothing. I like Favors and Hood to Detroit for Leuer, Kennard, and their pick (lottery protected).

Here lies the problem ,trading Favors...Hood ....or Burks...or all 3 takes away any thought of making the playoffs.With all 3 of these players playing the way they are now Jazz become contenders .This winning streak is showing that .
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#182 » by AingesBurner » Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:57 pm

tleikheen wrote:
I still want to move Favors and Hood before we either have to pay a lot to keep them or lose them for nothing. I like Favors and Hood to Detroit for Leuer, Kennard, and their pick (lottery protected).

Here lies the problem ,trading Favors...Hood ....or Burks...or all 3 takes away any thought of making the playoffs.With all 3 of these players playing the way they are now Jazz become contenders .This winning streak is showing that .

I would say most definitely on Hood and Burks, Favors has been an absolute stud but he and Gobert get in each others way.
Ingles is cooked.
Jingles2
Junior
And1: 63

Post#183 » by Jingles2 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 11:01 pm

tleikheen wrote:

I don't see them as contenders even with everyone healthy. Playoffs are possible for sure, but not contenders.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#184 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:27 pm

Alatan wrote:Well Beverly alone is worth much more than Rubio.

He's out for the season and expires after next season though.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,549

Post#185 » by Alatan » Tue Dec 5, 2017 6:54 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
Alatan wrote:Well Beverly alone is worth much more than Rubio.

He's out for the season and expires after next season though.

One year of a 3nD guard on a very cheap contract is worth more than 2 years of a overpaid offensive liability. I know i know, Rubio is a great passer, yada yada. He sucks and kills the spacing around him to the degree that he is unplayable for most teams. Wolves tried to move him for years and none wanted him.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#186 » by dr0welf » Tue Dec 5, 2017 9:59 pm

I would take Rubio over Beverly every day of the week. I like Beverly and would have loved to see him on the Jazz team this offseason. I think Rubio does a lot of things not in the stat book that give him value and I like Rubio's court vision more then Beverly's. Both are solid defenders.

Rubio's spacing hasn't been the problem. The spacing problem was more with Mitchell and Hood at the beginning of the year. They have been a lot better the past few games on fast breaks and in the offense. Rubio also hasn't been over dribbling which he had a tendency to do at the beginning of the year. Sometimes I think Rubio tries too hard to get certain players involved on the offensive side instead of playing within the offense.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#187 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:53 pm

As a Jazz fan I woudl rather have Beverly any day. It is who I wanted from the get go. We don't need a traditional PG. We need ball movers, 3 point shooters, and defenders. Beverley can do all three. Having said that, I do not see his value much higher than Rubio. At least not by a lot. Never know exactly the type of player he will be after injury. And sometimes it takes guys a half season just to get back to form. Beverly might not look like he has past few seasons until this time, or possibly later, next year.
Jingles2
Junior

Post#188 » by Jingles2 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:28 am

Tom349
Rookie
And1: 266

Post#189 » by Tom349 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 12:06 pm

Thats a lot to give up for one and half years of Middleton. Not to mention Favors is the best player in this deal although due to contract and fit doesn't have the highest value.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#190 » by Daddy 801 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:11 pm

What if scenario....

Washington calls up and offers a deal of Wall and Gortat for Gobert and Burks.

Washington plays a Beal, Burks, Otto, Morris, Gobert lineup.

Jazz play a Wall, Donovan, Hood/Dante, Ingles, Favs lineup.

Would you do that trade?

The one thing that makes it enticing to me(or rather why Utah might consider it) is Wall is under contract for 6 seasons. But Walls contract is YUGE. The Jazz are always worried about keeping guys and this is a fool proof way to have a guy locked up for a long time. Beal is more efficient and this would give Washington a four out spaced floor with Gobert in the middle. Utah ups there athleticism by a ton by playing Wall, Donovan, and Exum together. Not sure I would pull the trigger, but it is a win now move and a huge gamble by Utah. Quin with Wall would be a sight to see.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#191 » by TyCobb » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:48 pm

Read more, learn more, change your posts.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#192 » by stitches » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:01 pm

TyCobb wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6974880

Go easy on me... lol

How many firsts are included in this one? You are clearing over 60M of bad contracts and only using Kuzma to do it. AND getting 3 players with positive value for this season.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#193 » by TyCobb » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:05 pm

stitches wrote:

Go easy on me... lol

How many firsts are included in this one? You are clearing over 60M of bad contracts and only using Kuzma to do it. AND getting 3 players with positive value for this season.

To be honest, I have no idea with that either I don't bother with it since RealGM doesn't have like a pick trader check. We somehow got a 1st back by getting rid of Mozgov so I don't know anymore.
stitches
RealGM

Post#194 » by stitches » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:09 pm

TyCobb wrote:
stitches wrote:

Go easy on me... lol

To be honest, I have no idea with that either I don't bother with it since RealGM doesn't have like a pick trader check. We somehow got a 1st back by getting rid of Mozgov so I don't know anymore.

Yeah, but you gave up your no. 2 pick from just two years before. I imagine clearing Deng might take Ingram to pull it off and I am not sure LAL are there yet.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#195 » by TyCobb » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:11 pm

stitches wrote:
TyCobb wrote:
stitches wrote:How many firsts are included in this one? You are clearing over 60M of bad contracts and only using Kuzma to do it. AND getting 3 players with positive value for this season.

Yeah, but you gave up you no. 2 pick from just two years before. I imagine clearing Ingram might take Ingram to pull it off and I am not sure LAL are there yet.

Gotcha. I didn't value Russell that much due to watching him but obviously he did have some kind of value around the league.
stitches
RealGM

Post#196 » by stitches » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:19 pm

TyCobb wrote:
Gotcha. I didn't value Russell that much due to watching him but obviously he did have some kind of value around the league.

I think he's still a good young prospect. He has a ton of skill. Looked very promising this year before he got injured.

BTW my chance to ask - how do you guys feel about Walton? I've been thoroughly unimpressed with what I've seen so far from him as a head coach. Do Lakers feel like he's the long-term solution for your team?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#197 » by TyCobb » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:26 pm

stitches wrote:
TyCobb wrote:

I think he's still a good young prospect. He has a ton of skill. Looked very promising this year before he got injured.

BTW my chance to ask - how do you guys feel about Walton? I've been thoroughly unimpressed with what I've seen so far from him as a head coach. Do Lakers feel like he's the long-term solution for your team?

Huge Walton guy, but he is struggling this year. This will probably sound crazy but Walton had to really buy into Lonzo because he fits exactly the style Luke wants to play but he is struggling with his shot so Walton's inexperience with rotations and offensive scheme is glaring at the moment. This will probably sound even crazier but once Lonzo gets some real athletic shoes on his feet with all the advances that come along with them then he can get his bounce back.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#198 » by AingesBurner » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:29 pm

Go easy on me... lol

Im sorry dawg but it’s a no for me, you gotta throw Ingram in there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Ingles is cooked.
Jingles2
Junior

Post#199 » by Jingles2 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 9:04 pm

Tom349 wrote:

Thats a lot to give up for one and half years of Middleton. Not to mention Favors is the best player in this deal although due to contract and fit doesn't have the highest value.

I just can't see Favors and Gobert working together. Middleton is a good player who can play the 2/3, so we could start Middleton and Burks or Middleton and Ingles. What if we added Bradley and got DJ Wilson?

Middleton, Teletovic and Wilson in
Favors, Hood, Johnson, and Bradley out
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#200 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 1:54 am

Just for fun:

Jazz Trade: Rudy Gobert, Alec Burks, Raul Neto, Tony Bradley and their own 2018 1st round pick if less favorable than LAC's 2018 1st round pick
Jazz Receive: Khris Middleton, Jabari Parker, John Henson and 2018 LAC's 1st round pick if more favorable than Utah's own 2018 1st round pick

LAC Trade: DeAndre Jordan and their own 2018 1st round pick if more favorable than Utah's 2018 1st round pick
LAC Receive: Rudy Gobert, Tony Bradley, DJ Wilson and Utah's 2018 1st round pick if less favorable than their own 2018 1st round pick

Bucks Trade: Khris Middelton, Jabari Parker, John Henson and DJ Wilson
Bucks Receive: DeAndre Jordan, Alec Burks and Raul Neto

:D

Why for Jazz:
We re-sign Favors, Exum, Hood and Jabari and roll with the rotations of:

Exum/Rubio
Mitchell/Hood/O'Neale
Middleton/Ingles/Sefolosha
Jabari/Jerebko
Favors/Udoh

And we more than likely swap with LAC for their 1st round pick for this upcoming draft, which is probably going to be a top 8 pick.

We could always look to move Hood, Rubio, Johnson, Thabo, Jerebko, Ingles etc. in other moves if we wanted. But the idea is that you'd rebuild around a core of Exum, Mitchell, Middleton, Jabari and Favors (and the LAC pick).

I know... it's crazy. But still fun to think about.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.

Return to Utah Jazz