Trade ideas

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#681 » by stitches » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:13 pm

The hardship exception, if granted, gives us an additional roster spot too AFAIK. This is when a team has 3(or 4, not sure) or more injured players at a time).
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#682 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:13 pm

The guy played half a season. I don't think the Jazz will get a full 5.8M waiver. Maybe half of it, at most. Also, Thabo's contract is 5.25M each season as far as I could find.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#683 » by AingesBurner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:19 pm

I think his exception is like 2.8.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ingles is cooked.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#684 » by Crunch 99 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:21 pm

LesGrossman wrote:Revolutionary trade idea: Replace Snyder with someone with more flexibility. It cant get much worse.

I am far less convinced that Quin is a great coach than in the past, but then again, this is a lost transition season with major, unexpected shakeups and new personnel, where it isn't clear what Quin's priorities and goals are, so I wouldn't let him go now. If we ever did let Quin go, I would be very interested in giving Igor Koskoskov a shot at the Jazz head coaching gig. Koskoskov has paid a lot of dues as an assistant coach in the NBA, and his performance coaching Slovenia to the gold medal in Eurobasket last summer was extremely impressive.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#685 » by Crunch 99 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:25 pm

Thanks for all the replies about the injury hardship exception. It doesn't sound like if granted, it will be a very big deal.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#686 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:34 pm

I'll be surprised if Snyder's goals and priorities coming into the season (and still are) aren't winning as many games as possible.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#687 » by zero24gravity » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:I'll be surprised if Snyder's goals and priorities coming into the season (and still are) aren't winning as many games as possible.

Good
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#688 » by zero24gravity » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:03 pm

sipclip wrote:The question is why is Snyder viewed so highly by some people? He has never actually accomplished much of anything on any level. Also this player development stuff is starting to turn into a joke. Personally it is getting to the point that more players have actually regressed or stagnated under Snyder than actually developed. The list is starting to get long with Favors, Hood, Burks, Lyles, Exum and Rubio showing very little improvement if any at all yet we keep being fed this line that players are developing at an uncanny rate here. I'm just not seeing it. I guess we can give him credit for Rudy but sometimes it is also just a player being hungry regardless of who the coach is and wanting to get better. Personally the work that I have seen from our shooting coaches with a guy like Exum has me questioning what they are working on.

While his resume is short when it comes to "accomplished much", he did lead the team to a 1st round playoff series win without the team's best 2 players for good chunks of that series. That's at least something, right?

And as far as development goes, yes, there's Gobert, but what about Haywood? Mitchell? T.Booker? Ingles? Getting the most out of players like Chris Johnson, Neto, Udoh and even got decent production out of players like S.Mack & J.Withey. George Hill had career numbers under Q. And Exum looked realy great headed into this year, so was that (at least in part) due to Snyder's handling of him, or was it in spite of it? (Who knows?) .... of course, the player themself is the #1 indicator of success, so you can't give coaches all the credit, but they have a hand in it, right?

You mentioned a few names, as if they have been stifled, but I think those players all come with some interesting circumstances as well. Was Favors really held back by player development? No. He has just been hurt and forced to play out of position due to having Gobert on the team. He's thriving without Gobert. Hood is a victim of his own inconsistency & injuries. Maybe the inconsistency could be helped via coaching, I'm not sure. Burks, again, injuries. But I do think he's got more talent than he's been allowed to show with the Jazz. Rubio, simply doesn't fit & is a career brick layer. I'm not going to give good or bad credit for him. He is what he is, (for better or worse).

Maybe I'm a bit of a homer with Snyder, but I just don't get why people don't like him.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#689 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:09 pm

It's not about not liking Snyder, it's about assessing his abilities. I don't dislike the guy, but I don't find him to be anything special as far as his coaching. He's not a bad coach, but he's not great either imho. It's not like we'll have any problem to replace him if he left--it's hard to think of a coach who couldn't get the same results as he has.

Btw, let's keep in mind that the Clippers also lost key players to injuries in that series. And also that they're the Clippers.

stitches
RealGM

Post#690 » by stitches » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#691 » by Daddy 801 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:17 pm

stitches wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yes please. I don't even care if "all we get" is the Cavs pick. Just go get some asset. Shump and Cavs pick for Favs. We lose more games and get a late first. Fine, just be done with it. If we can get more assets then great. But if that is what we walk away with I am fine.
stitches
RealGM

Post#692 » by stitches » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:38 pm

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#693 » by AingesBurner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:41 pm

stitches wrote:Official: Utah and Bulls finally make a trade

Hahaahahahahahhaaha such a punk.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#694 » by AingesBurner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:42 pm

Utah out: Favors, Hood, and rights to swap with Boston for the Lakers pick.
Utah in: Morris, Baynes, Nader, and swap rights for the Lakers pick.

Boston out: Morris, Baynes, Nader, and Laker pick swap
Boston in: Favors, Hood, and Utah pick.
Ingles is cooked.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#695 » by sipclip » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:12 pm

GobertReport wrote:Utah out: Favors, Hood, and rights to swap with Boston for the Lakers pick.

And when the lakers pick ends up going to the sixers this year we have then given away Favors and Hood for Morris and Baynes. Hell no.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#696 » by AingesBurner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:14 pm

sipclip wrote:
GobertReport wrote:Utah out: Favors, Hood, and rights to swap with Boston for the Lakers pick.

And when the lakers pick ends up going to the sixers this year we have then given away Favors and Hood for Morris and Baynes. Hell no.

Its a risk but the Lakers pick is #2 right now, in February we will know better of where it will land.

Edit: NBaDraft.net is wrong, my bad.
Ingles is cooked.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#697 » by bondom34 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Anything OKC could offer of Abrines, Huestis, or Grant of any interest?
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
stitches
RealGM

Post#698 » by stitches » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:57 pm

bondom34 wrote:Anything OKC could offer of Abrines, Huestis, or Grant of any interest?

For what? Who are you targeting? Alec Burks? :D
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#699 » by bondom34 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:59 pm

stitches wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Anything OKC could offer of Abrines, Huestis, or Grant of any interest?

Him or Hood were the 2 of interest actually yep. Either would be OKCs best wing off the bench.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
stitches
RealGM

Post#700 » by stitches » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:01 pm

bondom34 wrote:
stitches wrote:

Him or Hood were the 2 of interest actually yep. Either would be OKCs best wing off the bench.

Damn, that's kinda sad. I'm not sure any of those can get you Hood. Alec Burks on the other hand... is probably gettable for close to nothing.

Return to Utah Jazz