Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#721 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:01 pm

stitches wrote:
Read on Twitter

I really would like Kemba but damn he is short.
Ingles is cooked.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: RE: Re: Trade ideas 

Post#722 » by sipclip » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:11 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:Another idea if Char is clearing contracts. It is just an idea. Might be a horrible one. But maybe going after picks is the way to go.

We send Favs, Rubio, and Joe Johnson for Batum, Zeller, 2018 1st unprotected, and 2020 1st unprotected, and a couple second round draft picks.

Then Char moves Howard to Clev for their late pick this year. Char gets to keep Kemba and unload three of their costly contracts.

The Jazz lose all/most their cap space, but get two unprotected picks. They also let Batum do nothing but rehab the rest of this year and the offseason with the prayer he can get healthy and come back. Zeller becomes an expensive backup bigman, but he is making the same as Favs is now. I have no idea if that is enough to get Utah to bite on that contract though. But getting first round draft picks this year and in 2020 is really nice. And that 2020 pick could be really good. Char is poorly managed. Maybe they need to include more but I think at that point they blow it up instead of sending picks.

I don't think Charlotte would ever consider trading two unprotected picks. The only thing that does is continue to lock them into mediocrity. As it stands right now they are bad but they are at least looking at a high draft pick to possibly get a future star.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using RealGM mobile app
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#723 » by zero24gravity » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:38 pm

I really like Kemba. I think he's one of the most unsung players in the league. I'm not sure how he fits with the Jazz, especially Mitchell. I'd never take the idea of getting a top notch player off the table though. Interesting that he's a good contract, not past his prime, and yet Char wants to move him. Seems a bit crazy.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#724 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:40 pm

Utah out: Favors, Jerebko, Joe Johnson, Hood, Rubio, 1st with protections.
Utah in: Marvin Williams, Mirotic, Walker, and Shump

Chicago out: Mirotic
Chicago in: MKG and the Cleveland 1st.

Charlotte out: Williams, Kemba, and MKG
Charlotte in: Rubio, Joe Johnson, Frye, Osman, Hood, and the Utah 1st

Cleveland out: Frye, Shump, Osman, and Cleveland 1st
Cleveland in: Favors and Jerebko
Ingles is cooked.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#725 » by MTJazzv3 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:08 pm

stitches wrote:
Read on Twitter

The ouch in that deal is Williams. How the hell/why the hell did Charlotte throw that kind of money at him ($15MM/per) through '19-20 season? Talk about a massive bench player overpay. Lamb is on a good contract ($7.2MM through next year and effectively is Hood-lite except a better rebounder and assists guy. Kemba is also on a great value contract ($12MM) through next year could re-up IF the Jazz were back into the playoffs and improving. At that I don't think anyone is going to be handing him a 4-year max contract starting in a season he turns 31. He could be still be playing some high level ball, though in the early part of that contract.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#726 » by dr0welf » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:07 am

MTJazzv3 wrote:
stitches wrote:
Read on Twitter

The ouch in that deal is Williams. How the hell/why the hell did Charlotte throw that kind of money at him ($15MM/per) through '19-20 season? Talk about a massive bench player overpay. Lamb is on a good contract ($7.2MM through next year and effectively is Hood-lite except a better rebounder and assists guy. Kemba is also on a great value contract ($12MM) through next year could re-up IF the Jazz were back into the playoffs and improving. At that I don't think anyone is going to be handing him a 4-year max contract starting in a season he turns 31. He could be still be playing some high level ball, though in the early part of that contract.

I'll pass. I'm not sold on Kemba long term and he will want a long term contract. Williams and Lamb are more bench players. I want us to get a starter that has a chance at being a good fit next to our core of Spida and Gobert.
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#727 » by dr0welf » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:37 am

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8ov3cxp

Utah Out : D Favors, J Johnson, Burks, Utah 2nd Round pick
Utah In: Mirotic, Snell, Crowder

Chicago out: Mirotic
Chicago in: J Johnson, Frye, Cleveland protected 1st

Cleveland out: Frye, Crowder
Cleveland in: Favors, Utah 2nd round pick

Milwaukee out: Snell
Milwaukee in: Burks

Burks would run well with Milwaukee with his slashing and ability to get to the basket.

Cleveland gets a starting center to help them get deep into the playoffs. (possibly include Neto for them to include that 1st?)

Chicago gets their first round pick for Mirotic.

Utah gets a couple 3pt shooters in Mirotic and Snell to space the floor. Also Crowder to help get him back to last years form.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#728 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:48 am

Utah out: Rubio and a 2nd
Utah in: Niko

Denver out: Faried and 18 1st
Denver in: Rubio and 2nd

Chicago out: Niko
Chicago in: Faried and 18 1st

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ingles is cooked.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#729 » by sipclip » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:53 am

I can't see the nugs giving up a first for Rubio but if they did then I would rather keep the 1st and Faried personally.

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#730 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:53 am

sipclip wrote:I can't see the nugs giving up a first for Rubio but if they did then I would rather keep the 1st and Faried personally.

What if we added Rodney?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Ingles is cooked.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#731 » by stitches » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Here's a convo on the T&T board:

stitches wrote:
phraoh wrote:Favors and Hood would fit great on the Cavs, but not Rubio. Utah fans...what do you think the Jazz would want for those two as they are both on their last year, and Favors definitely is not in the Jazz plans, and Hood would cost the Jazz $$$ on the offers he would receive for them to match. Does a Frye, Crowder, and Cavs 1st round pick do it? Or a Frye, IT, and Cavs 1st round pick do it? If Cavs included IT, they would either have to have made a deal for Hill, or it becomes a 3 way with Kings.

I don't see the Jazz having interest in IT. The Crowder+Cavs 1st(+filler? Frye?) might be intriguing since they seemed to have interest in Crowder in the summer. This way they can use the Cavs 1st to give to CHI for Mirotic and allow Chicago to get only expirings back with no long-term money commitment.

In essence it would be something like this:
UTA gets Mirotic, Crowder
CHI gets Frye, Joe Johnson, CLE 1st
CLE gets Derrick Favors, Rodney Hood

How does that sound?

I will post that one on our board to see what other Jazz fans think.

What do you guys think about this one? It went through the trade machine:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8726jja
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#732 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:56 pm

stitches wrote:Here's a convo on the T&T board:

stitches wrote:
phraoh wrote:Favors and Hood would fit great on the Cavs, but not Rubio. Utah fans...what do you think the Jazz would want for those two as they are both on their last year, and Favors definitely is not in the Jazz plans, and Hood would cost the Jazz $$$ on the offers he would receive for them to match. Does a Frye, Crowder, and Cavs 1st round pick do it? Or a Frye, IT, and Cavs 1st round pick do it? If Cavs included IT, they would either have to have made a deal for Hill, or it becomes a 3 way with Kings.

I don't see the Jazz having interest in IT. The Crowder+Cavs 1st(+filler? Frye?) might be intriguing since they seemed to have interest in Crowder in the summer. This way they can use the Cavs 1st to give to CHI for Mirotic and allow Chicago to get only expirings back with no long-term money commitment.

In essence it would be something like this:
UTA gets Mirotic, Crowder
CHI gets Frye, Joe Johnson, CLE 1st
CLE gets Derrick Favors, Rodney Hood

How does that sound?

I will post that one on our board to see what other Jazz fans think.

What do you guys think about this one? It went through the trade machine:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8726jja

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#733 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:22 pm

MTJazzv3 wrote:
Kemba is also on a great value contract ($12MM) through next year could re-up IF the Jazz were back into the playoffs and improving. At that I don't think anyone is going to be handing him a 4-year max contract starting in a season he turns 31. He could be still be playing some high level ball, though in the early part of that contract.

Walker's current contract ends at the end of next season. At that point he'll be 29, not 31. So yes, a 4-year max contract is a real possibility.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#734 » by pickIBL » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:47 pm

It's time to talk about the reality here. The Jazz are 5 Ws from the playoffs and 5 wins from the bottom of the pack. With Gobert back the Jazz risk being too good to contend for a good draft pick and not good enough to have success against the legit teams in the west.

So WTF are the Jazz going to do. You are either buyers or sellers, but being swappers just sounds stupid. Improve the team and chase the playoffs or become sellers with plans to improve the roster over the summer.

You want to add Kemba that's fine I guess. But I'm not giving up guys that are needed to help win plus a 1st. What are they trying to do in Charlotte? Get draft compensation plus expiring? There is only so much they can get on a reset and his short term deal. Now if they are planning to add contracts to his deal getting the contracts dumped has got to be a big part of that compensation they expect.

Rubio, Johnson, Favs, Burks, Thabo's deal, Jonas, Udoh, and possibly even tying Ingle's deal in can all be on the table as far as I'm concerned if the Jazz decide to show the huevos needed to actually make a big decision.

So if rebuild is the decided goal you hang on to Gobert, Spida, Exum, and your picks. Everything else is about clearing space and adding future assets.

If you want to win now you have to seriously improve the team. So then it's like adding Kemba and Batum... then running out and getting Mirotic. And with all these new guys you have to incorporate in a short period how are they supposed to chase the 8th? It's challenging when you do that in Feb.

Unless there are some crazy good deals out there I'd hit the reset button.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
Dry Fly
Starter
And1: 928

Post#735 » by Dry Fly » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:01 pm

pickIBL wrote:Unless there are some crazy good deals out there I'd hit the reset button.

I'm liking the idea of swapping Favs and Hood rather than sitting idle. I don't throw in next years 1st though.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#736 » by pickIBL » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Dry Fly wrote:
pickIBL wrote:Unless there are some crazy good deals out there I'd hit the reset button.

I'm liking the idea of swapping Favs and Hood rather than sitting idle. I don't throw in next years 1st though.

I'm certainly not against moving guys who aren't likely to be here next year. I've been in favor(s) of such moves. But what comes back in these deals depends on what I was talking about... are the Jazz rebuilding or trying to win now. Are they buyers or sellers? They are not doing the fan base justice if they don't make that decision.
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#737 » by dr0welf » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:26 pm

dr0welf wrote:I see a UT-Cle-Chi possibility
Utah trades Favors to Clev
Clev trades Frye and 1st round pick to Chi
Chi trades Mirotic to Utah

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6988842

(edit: looks like SoCalJazzFan beat me to this idea earlier in this post. I like it though)

SoCalJazzFan and I had a close variation of that trade and no one seemed to like it or care. Only difference is adding Hood and Johnson for Crowder as well. LOL

I think this is definitely the foundation the Jazz should be exploring for a trade. I doubt Favors is planning on staying around and playing a stretch 4 which doesn't suit him. If we can trade him and get Crowder and Mirotic, great. We need some more shooters. I would rather trade Burks then Hood though.
Dry Fly
Starter
And1: 928

Post#738 » by Dry Fly » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:08 pm

pickIBL wrote:
Dry Fly wrote:

I'm certainly not against moving guys who aren't likely to be here next year. I've been in favor(s) of such moves. But what comes back in these deals depends on what I was talking about... are the Jazz rebuilding or trying to win now. Are they buyers or sellers? They are not doing the fan base justice if they don't make that decision.

I do like the idea of trying out a PG like Kemba more from a standpoint of testing new blood in the system. In that sense, it's still rebuilding. Is it worth giving up assets beyond Hood and Favs? IMO probably not.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#739 » by pickIBL » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Dry Fly wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
Dry Fly wrote:

I do like the idea of trying out a PG like Kemba more from a standpoint of testing new blood in the system. In that sense, it's still rebuilding. Is it worth giving up assets beyond Hood and Favs? IMO probably not.

I am for new blood. For instance I was thinking Mudiay and Arthur for Rubio as the Nuggets are trying to get into the playoffs. Arthur will pick up his player option next year and he's not in the plans for Denver. The Jazz save a little money on the deal, and would have some options with Arthur including a buyout or stretch. They could use him as an expiring trade chip, or just let him expire.

The Jazz will have control over Mudiay's future too which is nice.

Now a little more controversial. Can we attach Hood to Ingles in a move? Maybe to the blazers with nothing more than expiring garbage coming back and a 2nd or two.
sipclip
Head Coach

Re: RE: Re: Trade ideas 

Post#740 » by sipclip » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:42 pm

pickIBL wrote:
Dry Fly wrote:
pickIBL wrote:I'm certainly not against moving guys who aren't likely to be here next year. I've been in favor(s) of such moves. But what comes back in these deals depends on what I was talking about... are the Jazz rebuilding or trying to win now. Are they buyers or sellers? They are not doing the fan base justice if they don't make that decision.

I am for new blood. For instance I was thinking Mudiay and Arthur for Rubio as the Nuggets are trying to get into the playoffs. Arthur will pick up his player option next year and he's not in the plans for Denver. The Jazz save a little money on the deal, and would have some options with Arthur including a buyout or stretch. They could use him as an expiring trade chip, or just let him expire.

The Jazz will have control over Mudiay's future too which is nice.

Now a little more controversial. Can we attach Hood to Ingles in a move? Maybe to the blazers with nothing more than expiring garbage coming back and a 2nd or two.

So you want to give away Ingles and Hood for free? If we move Ingles now then I think we may actually be able to get some value back before the league realizes he is becoming a bad contract. I could see the kings having some interest in him. They supposedly had a contract ready for him in the summer.

Return to Utah Jazz