vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Re: RE: Re: Should He Stay or Should He Go?- Rodney Hood 

Post#121 » by vryadli » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:06 am

Cappy_Smurf wrote:
sipclip wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
We have had a lot of players leave on bad terms. Sometimes it's the coach, the city, the gm ect....

But don't forget about the fans. Utah sports fans are crummy and fair whether. That extends to CFB as well.

bull. Utah sports fans are really good fans. Extremely passionate fans but great fans. Don't go talking this crap about us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using RealGM mobile app

Our beloved coach of many years quit on the team, not only mid-season, but in the middle of a game. So what does the majority of our fans base do? Well of course, they throw Deron Williams under the bus. They did this at a time when Utah was struggling, yet Deron stood by the team, when 3 other stars around the league in similar situations were all forcing trades. Many of these dummies would still boo Deron to this day, and really, the worst thing Deron ever did was care too much about winning. Back then our fans were making fun of Carmelo Anthony for laughing with his teammates on the bench while his team was losing, yet want to boo Deron for being grumpy when his team was struggling. In Utah, I guess our athletes are expected to be the perfect amount of serious and yet polite when they lose.

Sorry if you can't handle the truth, but a big part of our fan base really sucks. The only thing that eases that embarrassment is the fact that's true about sports fans pretty much anywhere.

DW problem was simple to see but difficult to fix: he didn't play for a team. One of "I just has to stay aggressive" fellas. When he was in slump he was grumpy that team didn't bail him out. And as soon as he has some success he goes full Kobe (and he is not on Kobe level, and even Kobe in full Kobe-mode was detrimental for the team).

And that he conformed through all hes carrier.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,892

Re: Should He Stay or Should He Go?- Rodney Hood 

Post#122 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:36 am

Any interest in a Willy Hernangomez for Rodney Hood trade?
Free Palestine
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#123 » by babyjax13 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:38 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Any interest in a Willy Hernangomez for Rodney Hood trade?

No, we don't need a center. I like Hernangomez, though. What about something like Hood/Favors for THJ+NYK's 1st?

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#124 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:46 am

babyjax13 wrote:

No, we don't need a center. I like Hernangomez, though. What about something like Hood/Favors for THJ+NYK's 1st?

We're not trading our first round picks anymore (I hope). Our tank is just getting warmed up. Besides, why wouldn't we just wait for them to be free agents?

With Willy, you're getting a young talent who's under team control on a rookie contract.

Any reports of interest from other teams or what your front office has stated it's looking for in return?
Free Palestine
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#125 » by babyjax13 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:49 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

We're not trading our first round picks anymore (I hope). Our tank is just getting warmed up. Besides, why wouldn't we just wait for them to be free agents?

With Willy, you're getting a young talent who's under team control on a rookie contract.

Any reports of interest from other teams or what your front office has stated it's looking for in return?

I'd assume we are looking for (in this order):
1) picks
2) a reasonable stretch 4 of the future
3) a reasonable youngish starting small forward

Centers and shooting guards are absolutely last on our list of priorities. If/when we move Favors, Gobert/Udoh is about as good of a 1/2 tandem at center as you are going to find. We would gain some offensively with Hernangomez (quite a bit, actually) but lose a lot defensively from Udoh not playing. Plus we have another cost-controlled young center who is looking great in the d-league and I think will make a reasonable player. We paid to move up and grab him because we didn't want the Spurs to pick him.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#126 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:47 am

babyjax13 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

I'd assume we are looking for (in this order):
1) picks
2) a reasonable stretch 4 of the future
3) a reasonable youngish starting small forward

Centers and shooting guards are absolutely last on our list of priorities. If/when we move Favors, Gobert/Udoh is about as good of a 1/2 tandem at center as you are going to find. We would gain some offensively with Hernangomez (quite a bit, actually) but lose a lot defensively from Udoh not playing. Plus we have another cost-controlled young center who is looking great in the d-league and I think will make a reasonable player. We paid to move up and grab him because we didn't want the Spurs to pick him.

Honestly, I don't see the Knicks doing much. I'd like to trade Courtney Lee to the Timberwolves for the OKC first rounder they possess. So maybe I'll mosey on over there and see whasup. :D
Free Palestine
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#127 » by stitches » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:27 pm

None. If you want to include a first with Willy, we might think about it.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,685

Post#128 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:44 pm

KqWIN wrote:I also think the Hayward comparison is dumb. If everyone improved their game that much, there would be a lot more Hayward’s around the league. His development is what made him special.

Thanks for calling my comparison dumb KqWin. I think the fact that you would call the comparison dumb and then follow it up by shooting down a straw man argument that I didn't make is dumb. I didn't argue that Hood is on the same trajectory as Hayward; I argued that his overall shooting isn't bad at this stage of his career and that his shooting might still see some gradual improvement over his career. I said I wouldn't pay Hood as though a substantially higher ceiling was a foregone conclusion, reiterated my $12 mill per year figure in the next post and said I view Hood as a backup on the Jazz at this stage of his career.

When you made a post on Hood earlier, I decided that discretion was the better part of valor in choosing to let it go unchallenged and uncharacterized, but now I think your Hood post deserves highlighting:

KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#129 » by KqWIN » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:37 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:
KqWIN wrote:I also think the Hayward comparison is dumb. If everyone improved their game that much, there would be a lot more Hayward’s around the league. His development is what made him special.

Thanks for calling my comparison dumb KqWin. I think the fact that you would call the comparison dumb and then follow it up by shooting down a straw man argument that I didn't make is dumb. I didn't argue that Hood is on the same trajectory as Hayward; I argued that his overall shooting isn't bad at this stage of his career and that his shooting might still see some gradual improvement over his career. I said I wouldn't pay Hood as though a substantially higher ceiling was a foregone conclusion, reiterated my $12 mill per year figure in the next post and said I view Hood as a backup on the Jazz at this stage of his career.

When you made a post on Hood earlier, I decided that discretion was the better part of valor in choosing to let it go unchallenged and uncharacterized, but now I think your Hood post deserves highlighting:

Well, I do think the comparison between Hood and Hayward dumb. Hayward isn’t a good reference point because he is atypical from the norm. There’s a lot of those arguments going around, and I just don’t agree with the logic.

I didn’t say Hood was a bad shooter or anything about the numbers on his contract. Nothing. I made one comment about Hood playing better while motivated, and one comment about comparing Hood to Hayward. It wasn’t shooting down a straw man. It was an explanation of my opinions on those two things.

My comment about Hood being streaky...it was not me trying to straw man and change your argument into saying that Hood isn’t streaky. It’s explaining why I don’t think the booing is what sparked better play. Same thing goes for the Hayward comparison. I said my opinion, then I told you why that it is my opinion.

As far as the comment about Rodney’s shooting...I’m not quite sure what you’re trying to highlight. To that point in the season, Hood was shooting the 3 ball better than just about anyone in the league.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#130 » by KqWIN » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:15 pm

Hood was traded, with a second, for a late first rounder on the Duncan’s pod.

If that’s all Hood is worth...I’m going into RFA with him instead.
stitches
RealGM

Post#131 » by stitches » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:23 pm

KqWIN wrote:Hood was traded, with a second, for a late first rounder on the Duncan’s pod.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. We also gave up our first for MIrotic in that mock.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#132 » by KqWIN » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:26 pm

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Hood was traded, with a second, for a late first rounder on the Duncan’s pod.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. We also gave up our first for MIrotic in that mock.

Yeah...that’s awful. Especially because the moves are in opposite directions.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,467

Post#133 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:26 pm

stitches wrote:

That's not a terrible return. What would you consider to be a fair value for him (Hood) at this point?
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM

Post#134 » by stitches » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:31 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
stitches wrote:

That's not a terrible return. What would you consider to be a fair value for him (Hood) at this point?

Mid-late first. If Boston called for Hood I will be asking for the LAC pick, not for 12 spots trade up from 40.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#135 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:34 pm

stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
stitches wrote:Yep, I was thinking the same thing. We also gave up our first for MIrotic in that mock.

Mid-late first. If Boston called for Hood I will be asking for the LAC pick, not for 12 spots trade up from 40.

Isn't this was KqWIN said we get in that trade (in the podcast)? A late first?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM

Post#136 » by stitches » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:36 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:That's not a terrible return. What would you consider to be a fair value for him (Hood) at this point?

LAC first is not late. It's currently no. 14-15(lottery protected). If they make the playoffs it will be between 15 and 20. The one in the podcast was jazz giving up their own second and Hood for BOS 1st, which is currently no. 28. So in essence it's Hood+40 for 28.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#137 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:40 pm

stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
stitches wrote:Mid-late first. If Boston called for Hood I will be asking for the LAC pick, not for 12 spots trade up from 40.

LAC first is not late. It's currently no. 14-15(lottery protected). If they make the playoffs it will be between 15 and 20. The one in the podcast was jazz giving up their own second and Hood for BOS 1st, which is currently no. 28. So in essence it's Hood+40 for 28.

Boston is only one team, there are 28 more. So if we eliminate the Jazz giving a 2nd round pick (which we seem intent on giving away anyway), Hood for a late fist seems to be about fair.

stitches
RealGM

Post#138 » by stitches » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:59 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:Isn't this was KqWIN said we get in that trade (in the podcast)? A late first?

Boston is only one team, there are 28 more. So if we eliminate the Jazz giving a 2nd round pick (which we seem intent on giving away anyway), Hood for a late fist seems to be about fair.

The point is - IMO you need to be looking for more than 28 and probably settle for 28 if nothing else comes up, rather than giving up more value to make it happen.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#139 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:03 pm

stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
stitches wrote:LAC first is not late. It's currently no. 14-15(lottery protected). If they make the playoffs it will be between 15 and 20. The one in the podcast was jazz giving up their own second and Hood for BOS 1st, which is currently no. 28. So in essence it's Hood+40 for 28.

The point is - IMO you need to be looking for more than 28 and probably settle for 28 if nothing else comes up, rather than giving up more value to make it happen.

I agree. I just think that generally, a late-first is in the range of acceptable value for Hood. On the edge of acceptable, perhaps, but if push comes to shove and it is clear that he's gone, I wouldn't call for DL's head if it happens.

Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#140 » by Daddy 801 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:58 am

If we end up with a mid and a late first by dumping Hood, Favs, and JJ I am happy. If we end up with two late firsts I can live with that. With the crunch on money being the a team with two guys in Rudy and DM and a ton of cash isn’t the worst idea. We can keep signing contracts like the ones we did with Jerebko, Thabo, and Udoh. And if we have three first round draft picks this year we’re gonna have all sorts of young cheap contracts to keep the salary low on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Utah Jazz