Should He Stay or Should He Go?- Rodney Hood

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Re: Should He Stay or Should He Go?- Rodney Hood 

Post#41 » by KqWIN » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:31 am

If I had to bet, the booing really got to Rod. Good to see Mitchell backing him up though:

Read on Twitter
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#42 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:33 am

KqWIN wrote:If I had to bet, the booing really got to Rod. Good to see Mitchell backing him up though:

Read on Twitter

I liked that too, shows leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Ingles is cooked.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#43 » by BarneyGumble » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:48 am

KqWIN wrote:Hood responding too the boo birds...to his credit he did start playing better in semi-garbage time.

Read on Twitter

He said this is his best year like he’s proud of it. :lol: He must be talking about in terms of “games not missed due to the runs” because on the court he looks like a turnover machine chucker who has never heard of “pass” or “think”...
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#44 » by stitches » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:58 am

Rodney has been shooting well this year, but his overall game has suffered.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#45 » by Rauxcee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:00 am

If Hood says this is his best year... yikes. I guess statistically it could be, but from an eye test point of view it looks like his worst. And if this is the best of Hood after working his butt off everyday- this is a terrible result and gives me no hope for Hood for the future. The amount of work he's putting in isn't delivering results.

I appreciate Mitchell standing up for his teammate. That's really nice too see, especially since he's been struggling. He sounds totally pissed and disenchanted at the fans though. I'd almost be worried if he wasn't a rookie.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,023

Post#46 » by SoCalJazzFan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:15 am

Some Jazz fans really don’t help out with the challenges the team already faces being inUtah.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#47 » by stitches » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:22 am

SoCalJazzFan wrote:Some Jazz fans really don’t help out with the challenges the team already faces being inUtah.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more cringey I feel about it. This is not good.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#48 » by Rauxcee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:42 am

I've always had mixed feelings when it comes to this stuff. On the one hand- season tickets and single game tickets are expensive. I'm just a poor girl but when I fork over $40-$50 for upper bowl seats I expect the product I'm paying for to produce. That doesn't necessarily mean a win, but it better result in effort and entertainment. If I'm not getting that then there's a right to complain about the "product your paying for."

If I go to a restaurant I expect my server to be prompt and not forget about me, and for my food to be cooked right and not have a hair in it. Otherwise, complaining ensues and it's warranted.

On the other hand, booing a specific player is tacky and hardly fair. It's a bit embarrassing and makes the fan base look really bad. Which is the last thing this team needs right now.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#49 » by KqWIN » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:25 am

stitches wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:Some Jazz fans really don’t help out with the challenges the team already faces being inUtah.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more cringey I feel about it. This is not good.

We have had a lot of players leave on bad terms. Sometimes it's the coach, the city, the gm ect....

But don't forget about the fans. Utah sports fans are crummy and fair whether. That extends to CFB as well.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,036

Post#50 » by JazzUte88 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:26 am

BarneyGumble wrote:Go please and take Burks with you

I'll take Burks on a cheap deal knowing he'll miss games or be hurt over paying Hood a lot of money.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,624

Post#51 » by Cappy_Smurf » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:42 am

stitches wrote:

Our fan base has always been kind of douchey. Good to see Donovan tell them to STFU. If they've got any sense in their heads, they'll do what he says and mind their Ps & Qs.

Having said that, I completely understand their frustration in that particular moment. After 3 bricks in a row, pass the **** ball or try to get to the hoop. Do something besides throwing up brick after brick after brick.

Rauxcee wrote:If Hood says this is his best year... yikes. I guess statistically it could be, but from an eye test point of view it looks like his worst.

Agree with this. Hood has had a few stretches of shooting well, but when he's been bad, he's been really bad. Part of that really isn't his fault, though. They are trying to make him into something he's not, and it isn't doing him any favors to have him keep shooting on nights when his shot is off. Some players need to keep shooting, but I think Hood is a guy who should look to try something else when his shot isn't falling. It just seems when he's off, he's not even close and you can usually tell right away when he's going to have a bad night.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,036

Post#52 » by JazzUte88 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:55 am

Tough luck. Yeah they shouldn't have booed, but if the Jazz were winning and he was struggling it would be a different story.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: RE: Re: Should He Stay or Should He Go?- Rodney Hood 

Post#53 » by sipclip » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:13 pm

KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:

We have had a lot of players leave on bad terms. Sometimes it's the coach, the city, the gm ect....

But don't forget about the fans. Utah sports fans are crummy and fair whether. That extends to CFB as well.

bull. Utah sports fans are really good fans. Extremely passionate fans but great fans. Don't go talking this crap about us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using RealGM mobile app
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#54 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:44 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:Like i said before the season started. Jazz made a good offer and Hood should'v took it.

What was the Jazz's offer?

I'm not sure but i do know Hood was holding out for MAX money and Jazz office said go earn it and we'll talk. I do know Hood's not worth what he was thinking. And i'm sure he's seeing that now. Nobody is gonna pay him max. Unless he kills the rest the year.

That's all well and good, but says nothing about the Jazz's proposal or what is was, only about what Hood was seeking (which is just an opening negotiation stance since we all knew he would never get a max offer from anyone). We know the Jazz wouldn't give him the max. We don't know if their offer was any good, or if there ever was one.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#55 » by sipclip » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:What was the Jazz's offer?

I'm not sure but i do know Hood was holding out for MAX money and Jazz office said go earn it and we'll talk. I do know Hood's not worth what he was thinking. And i'm sure he's seeing that now. Nobody is gonna pay him max. Unless he kills the rest the year.

That's all well and good, but says nothing about the Jazz's proposal or what is was, only about what Hood was seeking (which is just an opening negotiation stance since we all knew he would never get a max offer from anyone). We know the Jazz wouldn't give him the max. We don't know if their offer was any good, or if there ever was one.

We obviously can't say for sure what our offer was but once we saw what guys like TJ Warren, Josh Richardson and Dion Waiters received I think we can speculate the jazz put something on the table in that range. Hoods agent on the other hand probably sold him on Gary Harris money. Unfortunately for Hood it may end up being terrible advice.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#56 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:What was the Jazz's offer?

The info i was going off is out there. Not going to try researching so you can feel better about Hood and his agent being stupid. I'm guessing it's was over ten million for four years and with the stupid chance of getting hurt like Hayward did. He might not ever get a contract again. Or playing like crap and making one out of eight in first quarter. Lucky to bank the three pointer in for one. Hell no the fans shouldn't boo him. Coach should've put him on the bench way before then. Notice took longer for Q to put him back in. Only player who played good was Favs and everyone is ready to trade him. Bottom line. Hood won't be cashing in with the jazz in the off season. I'm betting he's being shopped for chips and a burger at this point. Learn to take better shots and look for your team mates more. Then good things will start happening. He shot the jazz right out of last nights game. Hood alone killed any chance there had. Ingle played like crap as well. No where close to earning his money this year. And i was okay with him getting the money and though Hood would be getting that or close and I bet Jazz office was ready to pay him that. Hood was holding for max and believed that he'd be able to play at that level. Back firing on him. But good for him for believing. Bad info from people around him. But i'm hoping he'll get things turned around and still earn a nice check. Over all. I still like Hood and when he hitting and on a spurt he's one of the best. Problem is. It's only one in ten games he goes off.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#57 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:27 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote:The info i was going off is out there. Not going to try researching so you can feel better about Hood and his agent being stupid.

That's rather presumptuous. Why would I feel better about Hood and his agent being stupid? All I asked for is verification for the claim that the "Jazz made a good offer and Hood should'v took it." I just wonder what info is out there to support it other than the Jazz refusing to sign Hood outright to a max contract.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#58 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:The info i was going off is out there. Not going to try researching so you can feel better about Hood and his agent being stupid.

That's rather presumptuous. Why would I feel better about Hood and his agent being stupid? All I asked for is verification for the claim that the "Jazz made a good offer and Hood should'v took it." I just wonder what info is out there to support it other than the Jazz refusing to sign Hood outright to a max contract.

You don't think Jazz made a offer? lol. Didn't really want to get into a bidding war for him but not just gonna hand him max money before seeing he's worth it. So far it's easy to tell he's not even close to max and any offer would be looking good at this point. And I know it was close to Joe j and Joe I money. And I hope he still gets and earns he's pay day. Just not looking good so far this year. Not even able to keep a starting spot? Really bad advice not getting a deal done before the season. Kid would be playing with zero pressure had he got it done. Maybe he's just wanting out of Utah? Maybe this was his plan all along? :o
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#59 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:44 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

You don't think Jazz made a offer? lol. Didn't really want to get into a bidding war for him but not just gonna hand him max money before seeing he's worth it. So far it's easy to tell he's not even close to max and any offer would be looking good at this point. And I know it was close to Joe j and Joe I money. And I hope he still gets and earns he's pay day. Just not looking good so far this year. Not even able to keep a starting spot? Really bad advice not getting a deal done before the season. Kid would be playing with zero pressure had he got it done. Maybe he's just wanting out of Utah? Maybe this was his plan all along? :o

I'm sure there were some talks between the Jazz and his agent. Of course the Jazz had no reason to give him a large contract and only had incentive to sign him if he was willing to take a modest sum. And there is no question that this season isn't going Hood's way, not to mention the free agency market was going to be tough for him regardless. Still, do we know the Jazz made an offer? Any offer, let alone a "good" offer? For all we know, things never progressed beyond preliminary discussions. Would love to see some news reports about the Jazz making Hood an offer--whatever it may be--and Hood rejecting it. I can't remember seeing them at the time, hence my inquiry.

ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#60 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:That's rather presumptuous. Why would I feel better about Hood and his agent being stupid? All I asked for is verification for the claim that the "Jazz made a good offer and Hood should'v took it." I just wonder what info is out there to support it other than the Jazz refusing to sign Hood outright to a max contract.

I'm sure there were some talks between the Jazz and his agent. Of course the Jazz had no reason to give him a large contract and only had incentive to sign him if he was willing to take a modest sum. And there is no question that this season isn't going Hood's way, not to mention the free agency market was going to be tough for him regardless. Still, do we know the Jazz made an offer? Any offer, let alone a "good" offer? For all we know, things never progressed beyond preliminary discussions. Would love to see some news reports about the Jazz making Hood an offer--whatever it may be--and Hood rejecting it. I can't remember seeing them at the time, hence my inquiry.

preliminary discussions? Which would be what? A offer. You believe they set down and said we're willing to pay Hood 4 to 6 million a year? There not in the business to insult players or cheat there young players. I know there was a fair offer on the table In the preliminary discussions. Think about it.

Return to Utah Jazz