Game 41: Utah Jazz (16-24) @ Washington Wizards (23-17)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Re: Game 41: Utah Jazz (16-24) @ Washington Wizards (23-17) 

Post#41 » by LesGrossman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:The Jazz went on an impressive 9-2 run to close out the last 2:21 of the third quarter with a high energy, run and ball movement lineup of Rubio, O'Neale, Jerebko, Ingles and JJ. JJ is the only potential ball stopper in that group, but he drained an open three and was passing the ball well. I liked that back court of Rubio and O'Neal. They both brought intense, non stop running and hustle on both ends of the court. I think Rubio plays better when he has another high energy, unselfish guy playing in the back court with him.

Rubio just needs people to move, not stand still. If noone moves noone is open. O'Neal, when Rubio was penetrating, followed what we call "offense automatics" by cutting to a certain spot where 1. there was a passing angle and 2. he could immediately finish and sure enough Rubio got him the ball in an instant. Jonas does that too and so does Sefolosha, often Favors too, rarely Ingles (and if he does, he turns down the open shot to "create" a more difficult one). Give you an idea of waht teh team could look like with less passing around the perimeter and more movement off the ball.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#42 » by Lava Rock Kid » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:43 pm

No hood in the last 4 minutes of the game, with his missed jumpshots, no defense, no block out on rebounds, and turnovers and we end with a win
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#43 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:31 pm

Much respect for the Jazz for winning this game so undermanned. Especially Udoh and Rubio. Btw, the Jazz once again lost a lead in the 4th when Rubio was pulled to the bench. The Jazz fared better when he returned.

The Wizards are so underwhelming. I thought they would come out with fire after the humiliation the Jazz handed them in SLC (also undermanned at the time), but that only lasted one quarter. The rest of the game, I found myself asking myself "WTF are they doing?!" on almost every possession. How they manged to let the Jazz stay close in this game, let alone win it, is baffling. They should be embarrassed.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#44 » by MTJazzv3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:33 pm

Just curious. Does anyone expect to see more Udoh and Royce after that impressive performance by both? "Fluke games" or signs of potential? Really hoping the Jazz move Favors/Hood/JJ to potentially free-up more minutes for the young guys on cheap contracts. It may not make a difference at all in terms of W's and L's this year but it would be a boon if they both could grow into future solid contributors.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley

Return to Utah Jazz