And1: 347

Re: Ricky Rubio Appreciation Thread 

Post#101 » by PerFex » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:27 pm

lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#102 » by lobishome » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:47 am

Dual wrote:What Ricky achieved yesterday is so great for us(Ricky fans), after all the hype when he arrived to the league, the injuries, the years with losing records, the coaches using him the wrong way.
This is so incredible.
Thanks to Utah organization and Snyder for believe in him, you make me so happy right now, Ricky deserve it.

And thanks for heed us and put him on the court on the last minutes instead Hood.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#103 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:02 am

Love to see the T.Ws beat the Rockets and Jazz beat OKC. Ricky against the T.ws in the playoffs this year? That would be fun.
Ranger
Sophomore
And1: 144

Post#104 » by Ranger » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:46 pm

That dude might be my favorite player. I'm happy to see him kicking whole sale ass for the Utah, and I hope it continues forever. He makes the games so much fun to watch, and brings in a bunch of fun international fans to chat with. Good times.
Ranger
Sophomore
And1: 144

Post#105 » by Ranger » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:32 pm

"The Utah". Go home, me, you're drunk.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#106 » by Daddy 801 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:07 pm

PharmD wrote:Sam Mitchell with some very kind words on Ricky and the Jazz

That was on point. Everything he said about Rubio, the Jazz team, and the front office in general is true. Well said. Nice to see a national host actually understand what they are doing. DL has been successful in building a culture.

And while losing Hayward’s game was bad for the team I honestly think losing his passive aggressive lackadaisical attitude helped the team. We need one more big wing player who is unselfish and plays the game right and we would be truly amazing. Kawhi.....feel like forcing a trade?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#107 » by eLo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:25 pm

To be honest Ricki is our main reason why we are in post season, its easy to see that, when he is playing good we are winning when not things are starting to get much worse despite how good Spida Gob or Fav are playing
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#108 » by KqWIN » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:57 am

I’ll be the first one to admit that I was not onboard with Rubio, but the way he has played recently is nothing short of amazing.

Tonight was one of the best games I’ve ever attended love. Rubio played the game of his life, and everyone in the are a could feel his energy. It meant so much more because of the journey he took to get to this point.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#109 » by urinesane » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:00 am

There's a reason he was called "The Spanish Unicorn"...
LEO MESSI
Junior
And1: 260

Post#110 » by LEO MESSI » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:01 am

It's time to stop looking for the next point guard for the Jazz in the next 5 years.
No, is not Exum or anyone else, is Ricardo Rubio.
Soul Patch
RealGM
And1: 920

Post#111 » by Soul Patch » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:08 am

RUBIO!!!
Jugs wrote:Fark orf slet kent dome wuote ujquote exp
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#112 » by MTJazzv3 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:31 am

Ricky Rubio. Third triple double playoff game in Jazz history. He joins The "Fastest of Them All" Ricky Green and John Stockton on the list, and it is an elite list given the number of Stockton's playoff appearances. Sweet that Stockton was at the game to see that go down. Hard not to like RR's narrative at this point.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#113 » by stitches » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:17 am

I was wrong on Ricky and the trade. You don't usually get this type of player at pick 20 and he's more than justified his price point and our coaching staff has improved his game in multiple ways to make what I considered a very questionable(might have called it "horrible" a time or two :oops: ) fit work. I'm done doubting what DL and the coaches see in players and their belief in their ability to fix/adjust/improve the way those players perform in our system. Ricky's been better than Hill was last year and especially in the playoffs and especially defensively. Ricky might have an argument for being our MVP in our second half of the season. What a tremendous season. Full respect to Ricky for sticking with it and never giving up even when things looked bleak. He just kept working through it and we are now reaping the rewards. :clap:

I'm gonna gladly eat this tasty tasty crow...
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#114 » by BudTugly » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:05 am

stitches wrote:I was wrong on Ricky and the trade. You don't usually get this type of player at pick 20 and he's more than justified his price point and our coaching staff has improved his game in multiple ways to make what I considered a very questionable(might have called it "horrible" a time or two :oops: ) fit work. I'm done doubting what DL and the coaches see in players and their belief in their ability to fix/adjust/improve the way those players perform in our system. Ricky's been better than Hill was last year and especially in the playoffs and especially defensively. Ricky might have an argument for being our MVP in our second half of the season. What a tremendous season. Full respect to Ricky for sticking with it and never giving up even when things looked bleak. He just kept working through it and we are now reaping the rewards. :clap:

How much does fit and enthusiasm make up for $? I mean sorry Dante but this is the guy. I wonder if it’s possible to retain Ricky going forward for close to what he makes now.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#115 » by Daddy 801 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:58 pm

BudTugly wrote:
stitches wrote:I was wrong on Ricky and the trade. You don't usually get this type of player at pick 20 and he's more than justified his price point and our coaching staff has improved his game in multiple ways to make what I considered a very questionable(might have called it "horrible" a time or two :oops: ) fit work. I'm done doubting what DL and the coaches see in players and their belief in their ability to fix/adjust/improve the way those players perform in our system. Ricky's been better than Hill was last year and especially in the playoffs and especially defensively. Ricky might have an argument for being our MVP in our second half of the season. What a tremendous season. Full respect to Ricky for sticking with it and never giving up even when things looked bleak. He just kept working through it and we are now reaping the rewards. :clap:

How much does fit and enthusiasm make up for $? I mean sorry Dante but this is the guy. I wonder if it’s possible to retain Ricky going forward for close to what he makes now.

I would be shocked if Rubio didn’t want to resign. He has been with a million coaches and on losing teams. He comes to a team where the coach believes in him and helps him be successful. Why on earth would he want to leave.

Quin is our greatest asset IMO. He is more important than any player. If we attract free agents it is because of the culture DL and Quin built. I sorta thought some of that was BS despite thinking DL and Quin were good. They have done a tremendous job and were fortunate to have them running the Jazz.

MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#116 » by MTJazzv3 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:35 pm

I hadn't noticed until this morning but in his first three playoff games he's averaging 20 pts, 8 rbs and 8 assists along with great defense. That is insanely good basketball and point guard play - something one would expect from a super star like Westbrook. Rubio took half a season to figure things out but he has been fire ever since. The feel good part of that is by all accounts he has been working his ass off to get to this point. You can just see his confidence is off the charts right now.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#117 » by PharmD » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:
BudTugly wrote:

I would be shocked if Rubio didn’t want to resign. He has been with a million coaches and on losing teams. He comes to a team where the coach believes in him and helps him be successful. Why on earth would he want to leave.

Quin is our greatest asset IMO. He is more important than any player. If we attract free agents it is because of the culture DL and Quin built. I sorta thought some of that was BS despite thinking DL and Quin were good. They have done a tremendous job and were fortunate to have them running the Jazz.

It's pretty clear that the Vivant crowd loves Ricky and he loves them. Ricky and Ingles and Ricky and Donovan are clearly really good friends too. Ricky and Gobert yell at each other a lot but they also sit together on the bench, stand together during timeouts, etc. They kind of seem like 2 guys that are comfortable with each other that there's no need to be polite or whatever.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#118 » by KqWIN » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:13 pm

Share that plate with me, I deserve it just as much.

I definitely underestimated Rubio and the coaching staff. His development and ability to adapt is amazing. I am a total believer in his shot, and now that he has it he is straight killer. Right now, OKC is thinking about how they are going to stop Rubio from SCORING. That's just incredible.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#119 » by PharmD » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:27 pm

You gotta reward the big fella when he runs the floor

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#120 » by AingesBurner » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:28 pm

I remember when I got lambasted for saying Quin would turn him around but I did have my doubts early in the season, I think once Quin saw that Rubios best shot was the mid range he said let it rip.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ingles is cooked.

Return to Utah Jazz