Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,060

Re: The Case for Favors 

Post#201 » by Rauxcee » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:36 am

KqWIN wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
Favors does not have a team option, he must be waived in order for that $17M to go away. That must mean he has to go through waiver claims right?

I've seen a few places call it a team option though... and we have to decide by the 5th or it's guaranteed.

It's 100% not a team option. Team options must be decided upon before the season ends. His contract is non-guaranteed and it functions differently. It becomes fully guaranteed on the 6th, but the Jazz can waive him before then and take it off the books.

Why do they make this stuff so confusing :lol:

Not disagreeing, but Favors himself said he wanted his "team option" picked up for next year and referred to it as a team option, lol. Same place I found that, said we could waive him by the 5th.

Everything I've Goolged refers to waiving and team option.

Nope. Not confusing at all.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#202 » by KqWIN » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:44 am

Rauxcee wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:
I've seen a few places call it a team option though... and we have to decide by the 5th or it's guaranteed.

It's 100% not a team option. Team options must be decided upon before the season ends. His contract is non-guaranteed and it functions differently. It becomes fully guaranteed on the 6th, but the Jazz can waive him before then and take it off the books.

Why do they make this stuff so confusing :lol:

Not disagreeing, but Favors himself said he wanted his "team option" picked up for next year and referred to it as a team option, lol. Same place I found that, said we could waive him by the 5th.

Everything I've Goolged refers to waiving and team option.

Nope. Not confusing at all.

It works similarly to a team option, and in speaking terms the Jazz do have an option :lol:. The Jazz, as a team, have the option to pick him up for next season...but the process is different. A team option must be decided on before the previous season ends. He does not have a team option, but instead a non guaranteed contract with a guaranteed date of July 6th. If he had a team option, he would not have to be waived. But since he does not, the Jazz must waive him if they don't want his salary on the books.

http://www.shamsports.com/2013/07/there-is-difference-between-team-option.html
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#203 » by Luigi » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:48 pm

In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.

Return to Utah Jazz