Game 82: Utah Jazz (48-33) @ Portland Trailblazers (48-33)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Re: Game 82: Utah Jazz (48-33) @ Portland Trailblazers (48-33) 

Post#121 » by Feilong » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:51 am

Disappointing game, but it was a fun regular season.
OKC it is. Here we come.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#122 » by dr0welf » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:54 am

9 pt loss with that horrible shooting... Totally was a game for the taking.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Post#123 » by tleikheen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:54 am

Refs didnt make Mitchell miss 17 shots ,just think if he moved the ball for a better shot
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Re: RE: Re: Game 82: Utah Jazz (48-33) @ Portland Trailblazers (48-33) 

Post#124 » by dautjazz » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:57 am

TexJazz wrote:Well it looks like Jazz lose home court and will play OKC. with a 5 seed.

Damn it I really wish we had NOLA in the first round instead.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#125 » by dr0welf » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:58 am

OKC is one thing Houston in the second round is the other :(
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#126 » by BudTugly » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:07 am

KqWIN wrote:Crowder = Fake tough guy, Fake hustle guy, Fake shooter

From my eye Crowder did most of what he is supposed to do. He did fail critically on several defensive possessions IMO but at least he’s was willing to shoot. Everyone else became timid besides Mitch after the 1st quarter. There is a lot of fail in this game but from my first impression it would be hard to lay much on Crowder. He did suck on back to back rotations that I saw though.
Stern Fixer
Rookie
And1: 282

Post#127 » by Stern Fixer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:10 am

dr0welf wrote:OKC is one thing Houston in the second round is the other :(

Well said Sir. Kinda doubt things get that far though because OKC vs Houston is a match made in Heaven for the commercial interests involved. Sorry it's the NBA and thirty years of David Stern the game fixer, plus I guess I'm a little down with the way the game was called tonight. :noway:
"But if you want to win, you have to teach a player how to win. That's why I don't believe in tanking, all that stuff. You don't learn how to win by losing on purpose to get a 19-year-old who you've never seen." -Rudy Gobert, 2017/18 Season
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#128 » by BudTugly » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:11 am

tleikheen wrote:Refs didnt make Mitchell miss 17 shots ,just think if he moved the ball for a better shot

Rubio’s 4th foul in the 1st half was a bad call an was critical since Ricky was just about the only Jazz player that had shown up to that point.

We did not lose to the refs. Portland played a fantastic game. But there is some stuff going on that was worth complaining about.
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#129 » by tleikheen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:16 am

Mitchell can easily shoot Utah out of the game against OKC.Mitchell forced shots up trying to outdo Lilliard and McCollum .I think he'll try to outdo Westbrook and I expect him to fail ,Snyder needs a more balanced offense to beat OKC
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#130 » by KqWIN » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:16 am

BudTugly wrote:

From my eye Crowder did most of what he is supposed to do. He did fail critically on several defensive possessions IMO but at least he’s was willing to shoot. Everyone else became timid besides Mitch after the 1st quarter. There is a lot of fail in this game but from my first impression it would be hard to lay much on Crowder. He did suck on back to back rotations that I saw though.

Crowder just bothers me because he gets credit for things he’s not good at and sometimes really bad at. He’s not a hustle guy, he’s not a good defender, and he’s not a good shooter by any means. I suppose he didn’t play too far from his level, but that is the problem. He just isn’t very good, or at the very least, he’s not been good for the Jazz.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#131 » by DusterBuster » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:17 am

Congrats on your guys season. The Jazz had one of the most impressive 2nd halves of the season I can remember. It's a travesty the mediocre Thunder are at 4. I hope you guys sweep them.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#132 » by KqWIN » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:17 am

tleikheen wrote:Mitchell can easily shoot Utah out of the game against OKC.Mitchell forced shots up trying to outdo Lilliard and McCollum .I think he'll try to outdo Westbrook and I expect him to fail ,Snyder needs a more balanced offense to beat OKC

Bricking wide open shots and layups is not shooting yourself out of the game. Missing anything and everything is what takes you out of the game.
Stern Fixer
Rookie

Post#133 » by Stern Fixer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:21 am

BudTugly wrote:

Not a great game from Crowder, I'll give you that, but all the hustle and emotion the night before what could we expect? Mitchell missed his first eight. Honestly, I thought Gobert was a bit disappointing but the qualifier is, I also thought he got fouled about four or five times with no calls. Rubio getting in foul trouble hurt us more than anything, particularly with Exum reverting back to his less confident self.
"But if you want to win, you have to teach a player how to win. That's why I don't believe in tanking, all that stuff. You don't learn how to win by losing on purpose to get a 19-year-old who you've never seen." -Rudy Gobert, 2017/18 Season
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#134 » by BudTugly » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:21 am

KqWIN wrote:
BudTugly wrote:

Crowder just bothers me because he gets credit for things he’s not good at and sometimes really bad at. He’s not a hustle guy, he’s not a good defender, and he’s not a good shooter by any means. I suppose he didn’t play too far from his level, but that is the problem. He just isn’t very good, or at the very least, he’s not been good for the Jazz.

I guess the comparison I would make is being mad at Dante for not carrying more. Both of those dudes are getting more usage than they specifically deserve but clearly the Jazz feel these guys are the future. Neto was great but does anybody buy his Jersey?
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#135 » by tleikheen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:22 am

I remember a young Carmelo with Denver ,super talented but shoot Denver out of the playoffs with bad volume shooting ,Mitchell reminds me of Carmelo's early Denver days in the playoffs.
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#136 » by BudTugly » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:23 am

tleikheen wrote:I remember a young Carmelo with Denver ,super talented but shoot Denver out of the playoffs with bad volume shooting ,Mitchell reminds me of Carmelo's early Denver days in the playoffs.

You always crack me up. Thanks again.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#137 » by KqWIN » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:25 am

BudTugly wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
BudTugly wrote:

I guess the comparison I would make is being mad at Dante for not carrying more. Both of those dudes are getting more usage than they specifically deserve but clearly the Jazz feel these guys are the future. Neto was great but does anybody buy his Jersey?

Sure, Crowder has too big of a role, but why does he still get credit for being a good defender and hustle guy? The guy is neither. He also had a much smaller role in Cleveland, which would theoretically be the perfect role for him. All he had to do was play defense, hustle, and make open shots. He was terrible at all of it. Now he’s getting more shots in a bigger role, still terrible. I’m sure there’s a middle ground here, but the fact is that he’s just not a good player.

Tonight was not because of him, but it does represent his caliber as a player.
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#138 » by tleikheen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:27 am

Neto was great but does anybody buy his Jersey?

Poor Neto wasn't great ......they took turns shooting over the top of Neto from what I saw
Stern Fixer
Rookie

Post#139 » by Stern Fixer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:27 am

tleikheen wrote:Mitchell can easily shoot Utah out of the game against OKC.Mitchell forced shots up trying to outdo Lilliard and McCollum .I think he'll try to outdo Westbrook and I expect him to fail ,Snyder needs a more balanced offense to beat OKC

I really didn't see it that way. I hate to say it over and over, but it was a back to back on the road after a highly emotional win. Tired legs and the guys couldn't have slept all that well. Mitchell is not an ego player, Lillard said so himself. Mitchell is only doing what is asked of him. It's all about rhythm and it's so hard to find when you're not really with it. And the refs accounted for about ten Portland points alone IMO.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#140 » by PharmD » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:29 am

KqWIN wrote:
BudTugly wrote:

He's pretty average all around but he does seem pretty tough and he stands up for his teammates.

Return to Utah Jazz