Anyone Else Excited About the Opportunity to Take Down OKC?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Re: Anyone Else Excited About the Opportunity to Take Down OKC? 

Post#21 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:Multiple big men. We've got three, capable, powerful big men to tag team Adams to wear him down to keep him off the offensive glass. OKC is lacking in big men behind Adams. Advantage Jazz!

ForeverRDjazz wrote:Those who win the glass will win the war. Jazz need to play 48 minutes on both sides of the floor. They'll win if they do that. KISS ..Keep It Simple Stupid. Win the glass war!

dr0welf wrote:Favors will be rotating and causing havoc. He will be the added defense and rebounder that gives us the edge.

Yep, Favors was awesome last night in game two. When both Gobert and Adams sat down in Q1 with two early personal fouls, Favors took over. In a 7 mins 42 second stretch covering end of Q1 and beginning of Q2, with no Adams and no Gobert on the floor, Favors grabbed 6 orb to propel the Jazz to win the stretch. Go Jazz!
Stern Fixer
Rookie
And1: 282

Post#22 » by Stern Fixer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:17 pm

I gotta admit I felt a little bit like David and Goliath going into this series with their three superstars and the fact that they were the last team to beat Houston in their building. I was afraid of that and the Star treatment I've seen for years afforded to big name teams and players. But I gotta say that the refs have been calling it relatively straight - a couple of fairly dubious four point plays afforded George. And on the court, we may have the best player in Mitchell, the best shot blocker in Gobert, the best floor general in Rubio and the best secret weapon in Favs. Now if Ingles can only get it going.
"But if you want to win, you have to teach a player how to win. That's why I don't believe in tanking, all that stuff. You don't learn how to win by losing on purpose to get a 19-year-old who you've never seen." -Rudy Gobert, 2017/18 Season
Stern Fixer
Rookie

Post#23 » by Stern Fixer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:Dante can be effective if he takes it strait at Adams. Getting him in foul trouble would be huge. Don’t settle for the floaters. Attack right at him. I understand why X would be hesitant after years of injuries, but if he wants a payday this offseason he has to prove that athleticism can be effective in more ways than a high off the glass floater.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

They must've listened to you cause all our guards were taking it to him last night - with excellent results.
"But if you want to win, you have to teach a player how to win. That's why I don't believe in tanking, all that stuff. You don't learn how to win by losing on purpose to get a 19-year-old who you've never seen." -Rudy Gobert, 2017/18 Season
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#24 » by AingesBurner » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:30 pm

I think Joe needs to step it up a bit.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#25 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:16 pm

Stern Fixer wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:Dante can be effective if he takes it strait at Adams. Getting him in foul trouble would be huge. Don’t settle for the floaters. Attack right at him. I understand why X would be hesitant after years of injuries, but if he wants a payday this offseason he has to prove that athleticism can be effective in more ways than a high off the glass floater.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

They must've listened to you cause all our guards were taking it to him last night - with excellent results.

It’s so important to take Adams out. Russ has three options. Shot his little shot he does at the top of the free throw arc, lob to Adams, pass for a three into the the corner. We eliminate the lob and guard the corner we can ensure Westbrook takes a ton of midrange shots. That’s what we want.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#26 » by dautjazz » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:35 am

Honestly I didn't really fear any matchups in the 1st round, and now after seeing game 2, I'm really amped to take these boys out. We've been doing well on the road with Ingles struggling, we already took the hardest blow we can get from PG, and honestly if Rubio and Ingles had average games in game 1, we may have been able to overcome even that. Now that we are 2 games in, coaching gets more involved, a series is like a chess matchup, and Snyder gets to analysis want went wrong in game 1, and in game 2 they cooled off, but at the same time we defended the 3 better as well. We clearly out match them in basketball IQ, both on the court, and sidelines, so I don't think OKC will be able to beat us 3 of the next 5, especially when they lost home court, and we are like 17-3 on the road the last few months.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#27 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 pm

The second greatest part about wining the series (if they do) will be when Ingles winks at PG and talks trash and PG leaves in the offseason.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#28 » by LesGrossman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:18 pm

Adams is the key. Jazz have a huge advantage with both Favors and Rudy once Adams is gone, on both ends. Continue to put him in PnR and tag him with fouls when he tries to bump the guards is what i'd do. When Adams is out their offense wont be enough to salvage what Favors and Rudy can do on the inside.

Also Rubio did a great job on Russ in both games. He hasnt had a breakout moment so far, it seems like he simply does not enjoy playing. Similar to what GSW had to say about his defense. Annoy their superstars when they are on offense, put them through physical play and hard screens when they defend. Fortunately i dont think they have the coaching to counter, they will just try to do the same as in game 2, just more of it. Unless the refs start to call one sided i think the Jazz have this.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#29 » by LesGrossman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:19 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:The second greatest part about wining the series (if they do) will be when Ingles winks at PG and talks trash and PG leaves in the offseason.

btw the way the series is going i think Ingles should be the last guy to talk trash to anyone. Maybe he can shine in game 3.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#30 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:36 pm

LesGrossman wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:The second greatest part about wining the series (if they do) will be when Ingles winks at PG and talks trash and PG leaves in the offseason.

btw the way the series is going i think Ingles should be the last guy to talk trash to anyone. Maybe he can shine in game 3.

But that's what will be so great about it. He could say something like "Good game plan to cover me. Too bad it didn't work." :D
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#31 » by zero24gravity » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:17 pm

LesGrossman wrote:

+21 in game 2. Say what you want about his shot being off, and him being a bit passive .... the guy helps the team in ways the box score won't show.
Stern Fixer
Rookie

Post#32 » by Stern Fixer » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:56 am

zero24gravity wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:

+21 in game 2. Say what you want about his shot being off, and him being a bit passive .... the guy helps the team in ways the box score won't show.

Yeah he was riding everybody elses coat tails. That plus minus system is so misleading. He looked about as nervous as a hooker in church to me. Ingles should be clicking his heels and saying there's no place like home right now.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#33 » by Catchall » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:39 pm

Mitchell with plenty of rest and a hole in OKC's defense could take over the series. He could get in the paint left and right and either finish or feed open looks.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#34 » by vryadli » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:18 am

Stern Fixer wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:btw the way the series is going i think Ingles should be the last guy to talk trash to anyone. Maybe he can shine in game 3.

Yeah he was riding everybody elses coat tails. That plus minus system is so misleading. He looked about as nervous as a hooker in church to me. Ingles should be clicking his heels and saying there's no place like home right now.

You really think it is possible in NBA to have 4 vs 5 and get good + stats? But even if that's so, " riding everybody elses coat tails" can't gives you BIGGEST +- stats. That's mathematically impossible. You can have decent number, but not the best.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#35 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:44 am

Joe was looking to shoot...Thank you Joe
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#36 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:47 am

Stay aggressive Joe. Keep looking.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#37 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:49 am

Go Go Rudy Go bert
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#38 » by BudTugly » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:04 am

Yes. This will be 2 years in a row we end an era. When OKC goes down the hue n cry will be in full swing to end the Westbrook saga there.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#39 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:07 pm

It's a very small sample, just three games, but the Jazz players are making a good showing in the NBA.com playoff top ten lists for advanced stats so far; the Thunder players are not. The Jazz have three players in the top ten defensive rankings: Rubio, Ingles and DM. Both Gobert and Favors are in the top ten list for offensive rebound percentage.

Jazz
Rubio: #3 on Defensive Rating, #7 on Assist Percentage and #6 on Player Impact Estimate.
Ingles: #3 Net Rating, #7 Offensive Rating and #8 Defensive Rating.
Gobert: #5 Offensive Rebound Percentage, #6 eFG% and #10 True Shooting Percentage.
Favors: #10 Offensive Rebound Percentage.
DM: #10 Defensive Rating and #10 Usage Percentage.

Thunder
Westbrook: #2 Assist Percentage, #7 Defensive Rebound Percentage and #5 Usage Percentage. There are no other OKC players in these top ten lists. For the regular season, Adams finished #3 in NBA on offensive rebound percentage for qualified players at 16.2%. For this series, he is down to 11.7%. Gobert and Favors are 13.9% and 12.2% on ORB%. Go Jazz!

http://stats.nba.com/players/advanced-leaders/

Return to Utah Jazz