Game 2: Utah Jazz (0) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (1)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Re: Game 2: Utah Jazz (0) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (1) 

Post#261 » by KqWIN » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:47 pm

PharmD wrote:https://streamable.com/5kcx0

The look on the refs face as Rubio is yelling “15” to him. It’s understandable if refs miss some calls, but not knowing the rules is just unacceptable.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#262 » by KqWIN » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:45 pm

Omg stitches never post anything about time ever again on reddit. My brain is hurting. At least I know I’ll never be a teacher.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#263 » by zero24gravity » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:14 pm

pickIBL wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:A lot of pages to sift through, so sorry if it's already been said, but Ingles stat line looked pretty bad, yet he leads the team in +/- at an amazing +21! He impacts the game without people even realizing it. He'll get his 3 point shot back soon, I know it.

Mitchell is a freakin' star. He has "it".

Favors .... I love this guy. Killing me to think he may be gone next year.

So why are the jazz likely one and done? They need help and guys like joe ingles do their role well but cant be the head of the monster.

Not sure what you're asking. One and done, how? How does this relate to my comment.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#264 » by dr0welf » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:33 am

PharmD wrote:https://streamable.com/5kcx0

Sad thing this guy, GARY ZIELINSKI, who made that call lives in Magna, UT. He's going to get so much crap from neighbors he might have to move.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#265 » by pickIBL » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:48 am

zero24gravity wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:A lot of pages to sift through, so sorry if it's already been said, but Ingles stat line looked pretty bad, yet he leads the team in +/- at an amazing +21! He impacts the game without people even realizing it. He'll get his 3 point shot back soon, I know it.

Mitchell is a freakin' star. He has "it".

Favors .... I love this guy. Killing me to think he may be gone next year.

So why are the jazz likely one and done? They need help and guys like joe ingles do their role well but cant be the head of the monster.

Not sure what you're asking. One and done, how? How does this relate to my comment.

It's a series. The jazz have a chance, but they are at a disadvantage vs okc closing out games. That plus minus is nice but ingles isnt going to get you buckets like rodney hood could at times.

Glad hood is gone but i do see a hole at the wing with hayward and hood outta town.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#266 » by BudTugly » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:11 am

Lil breakdown on adjustments. Dude is very critical of Russ on D.

LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#267 » by LesGrossman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:30 pm

BudTugly wrote:Lil breakdown on adjustments. Dude is very critical of Russ on D.

Not even watching that. Dude is a douche. Watches a few minutes and pretends to understand the whole universe.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
anish23
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,911

Post#268 » by anish23 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:21 pm

I've been saying this for a while, Donovan Mitchell is not your everyday pg/sg that can shoot and light it up, this kid is special, in terms of his head, his mental space, his humility, and that hunger to win.

Im telling you, this is a special year, no matter what the results be or how far Utah make it, it's special, its the start to something.

A Utah-Philadelphia NBA Final is not too far off, might not happen this year, or next, or the year after, but it will happen. And Donovan Mitchell will bring a Championship to the city of Utah. Trust me, this kid, baring injuries, is something special.
Utah Jazz for Championship :)
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#269 » by vryadli » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:50 pm

anish23 wrote:I've been saying this for a while, Donovan Mitchell is not your everyday pg/sg that can shoot and light it up, this kid is special, in terms of his head, his mental space, his humility, and that hunger to win.

Im telling you, this is a special year, no matter what the results be or how far Utah make it, it's special, its the start to something.

A Utah-Philadelphia NBA Final is not too far off, might not happen this year, or next, or the year after, but it will happen. And Donovan Mitchell will bring a Championship to the city of Utah. Trust me, this kid, baring injuries, is something special.

OK, got it. Team results don't matters. Something special is better. Something like record sales named shirts, I guess.
anish23
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,911

Post#270 » by anish23 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:58 pm

vryadli wrote:
anish23 wrote:I've been saying this for a while, Donovan Mitchell is not your everyday pg/sg that can shoot and light it up, this kid is special, in terms of his head, his mental space, his humility, and that hunger to win.

OK, got it. Team results don't matters. Something special is better. Something like record sales named shirts, I guess.

never said team results dont matter. My whole point is no matter win or lose what we are witnessing is special. OFCOURSE ID RATHER THEY WIN...

but expecting a championship THIS season is a little too much, but I dream.

In all honesty I think Jazz will lose against the Rockets in a tough 6 or 7 game series, but I hope I am wrong.
Utah Jazz for Championship :)
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#271 » by vryadli » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:23 am

anish23 wrote:
vryadli wrote:

never said team results dont matter. My whole point is no matter win or lose what we are witnessing is special. OFCOURSE ID RATHER THEY WIN...

but expecting a championship THIS season is a little too much, but I dream.

In all honesty I think Jazz will lose against the Rockets in a tough 6 or 7 game series, but I hope I am wrong.

OK I got it wrong... this grammar construction could be read in two way. You really mean that is like two lines, both important, but not 100% correlated. That is reasonable statement.

Return to Utah Jazz