What is Crowder's trade value

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

What is Crowder's trade value 

Post#1 » by sipclip » Mon May 21, 2018 7:40 pm

I would love to somehow snag another 1st rd pick and Crowder is the one guy that may be able to return one. I like Crowder but I feel like he is easily replaceable.

The trade that comes to mind right now for me is Crowder for Cole Aldrich and 20. The wolves fill a hole at sf and with now having picks 20 and 21 I would target 2 of Lonnie Walker, KBD, Troy Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Jontay Porter and Omari Spellman.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Re: What is Crowder's trade value 

Post#2 » by AingesBurner » Mon May 21, 2018 7:49 pm

If we are trading Crowder I would try for San Antonio’s pick, they are likely to have a hole at SF.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ingles is cooked.
JazzyPhinz
Starter
And1: 1,200

Post#3 » by JazzyPhinz » Mon May 21, 2018 8:55 pm

We have to keep him. He's a versatile 3/4 on a dirt cheap contract.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#4 » by Luigi » Mon May 21, 2018 8:56 pm

JazzyPhinz wrote:We have to keep him. He's a versatile 3/4 on a dirt cheap contract.

We also have to convince him to stop shooting so much. If his usage % is top 5 on the team, we're gonna lose.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
JazzyPhinz
Starter
And1: 1,200

Post#5 » by JazzyPhinz » Mon May 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Luigi wrote:
JazzyPhinz wrote:We have to keep him. He's a versatile 3/4 on a dirt cheap contract.

We also have to convince him to stop shooting so much. If his usage % is top 5 on the team, we're gonna lose.

Yes thats for sure. Particularly the ones off the dribble. I dont mind him taking the spot ups.
He still brings hustle and toughness that this team needs.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#6 » by Luigi » Mon May 21, 2018 9:22 pm

JazzyPhinz wrote:
Luigi wrote:

Yes thats for sure. Particularly the ones off the dribble. I dont mind him taking the spot ups.
He still brings hustle and toughness that this team needs.

Agreed. Hopefully he calibrates this offseason and gets back to hustling. His contract is pretty good.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#7 » by Lava Rock Kid » Mon May 21, 2018 9:31 pm

He wont get us a first round pick. He is worth a Rodney Hood.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,054

Post#8 » by Rauxcee » Mon May 21, 2018 9:41 pm

I'd say he's worth an injury prone shooting guard who can't shoot and can't find minutes in a blowout.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,384

Post#9 » by MTJazzv3 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:10 am

Rauxcee wrote:I'd say he's worth an injury prone shooting guard who can't shoot and can't find minutes in a blowout.

Good one, Raux!
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#10 » by KqWIN » Tue May 22, 2018 12:39 am

It's too bad Igor took the Suns job. Jae would have been a great addition to the old Suns culture. All he's good at is being in scuffles.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#11 » by CAE15 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:44 am

Such hate for Crowder.. It took the rest of the team what 50 ish games to really start to gel? And Crowder was able to contribute and be a legitimate 6th man for us in less than 38 including playoffs and people are saying get rid of him to a late 1st? Jazz need a player like Crowder and him being able to hit the spot up 3 saved our asses some games. He's going to bust his ass and be there for his team. He has jazz DNA through and through. Give him a full offseason to actually get acclimated to the team. He's on a great contract. He is a great team defender. His man to man is above average. He helps motivate. I'm not saying he's untouchable, but I think he very much fits what the jazz want to do. He'll outwork you, he'll push you to be better. Effort is a really overlooked quality. Having a guy in your top 6 or 7 rotation making under MLE money is a guy you would like to hang on, allows your roster to be flexible.

To the question at hand I would think about a pick between 15-20 or a project player with potential. I certainly wouldn't move him for that though. Guys who can contribute all over the floor are getting more rare. But he does need to stop the off the dribble step back 3.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#12 » by KqWIN » Tue May 22, 2018 5:23 am

It's not hate if it's objective. That would be like calling someone a homer for saying that Gobert is a good defensive player. Jae was objectively a bad player for the Jazz. I don't think I've seen a worse shooter get praised for shooting more than Jae Crowder. Favors, to some extent, but not to this level. Jae has been a below average three point shooter his entire career outside of one season, but somehow he's still considered a shooter and has the license to jack up anything he wants.

I've said this many times, but even though Hae shot poorly and was an awful offensive player for us, that is not what disappointed me. His defense and hustle were incredibly overrated, and that's what disappointing. The defense was very inconsistent, and I couldn't disagree more with calling him a great team defender. Jae was consistently getting lost off the ball and provides no rim protection and very little rebounding from the 4. His mediocre on ball defense against multiple positions was probably his biggest positive, but he's by no means a lock down guy unless the guy he's locking down is Melo. The air did a good job on Melo too.

Jae can get better, of course, but I just can't see how his level of play was satisfactory. He was trash, and if he doesn't improve he's just a boarderline rotation guy. Royce and Thabo (when he was healthy) were superior players in almost every single way. One of these days we'll get a PF who doesn't suck and actually fits the role well and it'll be a beautiful day. Again, maybe that'll be Jae...but Jae hasn't been that guy thus for. That's for damn sure.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#13 » by Daddy 801 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:56 am

I could see a Jae + expiring contracts + our pick moving us up in the draft.

CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#14 » by CAE15 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:40 am

Jae is in the same offense everyone is on the team. The only difference is he doesn't pass up those open shots. Sure he might clank more than a few but he's doing exactly what Quin wants..the offense works to get those open shots. He didn't shoot great or even good but being a threat helped our team dramatically. He did pretty much what Hood would do on offense and then all the other ways he contributed without shooting which he was only a tad below Mitchell's 3 point fg. I think it's unfair to not credit him with some of our great turnaround. Out of 17 of our regular season wins with him he had a positive +/- now I know that stat is hardly flawless. But it does help his case a bit of saying he was impactful on the team despite the shooting woes. The stats don't always tell the story. We know that, it's impacting the game. And I think Jae impacts games positively for us more often than not and I would highly doubt he gets moved unless in a package for a starter.

KqWIN
RealGM

Post#15 » by KqWIN » Tue May 22, 2018 3:22 pm

I have to disagree, I don’t think Jae positively impacts games. He doesn’t consistently make winning plays and makes boneheaded plays on both ends far too often. The team played well in spite of him, he was not the source of our success. The source of the our success was Rubio, Ingles, Mitchell, and most of all Gobert.

Crowder was not the reason we were playing well. The Jazz were just as good without Crowder on the floor as they were with him on the floor during his time here. We dusted teams since he got here, no doubt. But it doesn’t mean the same thing wouldn’t have happened without him.

The team played great, but Jae was trash. He needs to play better. If that’s the level of play he’s going to be at, he’s a low end rotation guy.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,423

Post#16 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue May 22, 2018 5:42 pm

I don't see Crowder getting traded unless it's in a blockbuster deal. DL had only recently traded for him after having him in his sights for a long time. I don't see him traded so soon.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: RE: Re: What is Crowder's trade value 

Post#17 » by sipclip » Tue May 22, 2018 6:48 pm

CAE15 wrote:Such hate for Crowder.. It took the rest of the team what 50 ish games to really start to gel? And Crowder was able to contribute and be a legitimate 6th man for us in less than 38 including playoffs and people are saying get rid of him to a late 1st? Jazz need a player like Crowder and him being able to hit the spot up 3 saved our asses some games. He's going to bust his ass and be there for his team. He has jazz DNA through and through. Give him a full offseason to actually get acclimated to the team. He's on a great contract. He is a great team defender. His man to man is above average. He helps motivate. I'm not saying he's untouchable, but I think he very much fits what the jazz want to do. He'll outwork you, he'll push you to be better. Effort is a really overlooked quality. Having a guy in your top 6 or 7 rotation making under MLE money is a guy you would like to hang on, allows your roster to be flexible.

To the question at hand I would think about a pick between 15-20 or a project player with potential. I certainly wouldn't move him for that though. Guys who can contribute all over the floor are getting more rare. But he does need to stop the off the dribble step back 3.

I don't hate Crowder but the reality is that if he is your 6th man then you aren't in the best position. He is an average defender and a streaky outside shooter that shoots too much. As your 8th man he is solid but not as a 6th man. There are a lot of players in the 20-30 range in this draft that I think will be better players than Crowder in 2yrs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using RealGM mobile app
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#18 » by stitches » Tue May 22, 2018 7:03 pm

So.... is Crowder worth his contract? I still want to give him a summer, training camp and half a season to see how he fits within the team. I feel like getting traded mid way through the year doesn't allow players to acclimate to the team, especially when the team is running a more intricate and expansive read and react system like ours. I still feel like Crowder didn't know what he should be doing and where he should be on the court half the time. I think he will get better with that ... I hope his D improves a bit and I hope he gets close to at least 35% shooter from 3 with our coaching.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#19 » by pickIBL » Tue May 22, 2018 7:09 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:I could see a Jae + expiring contracts + our pick moving us up in the draft.

Who ya gonna call?

Josh Kroenke!
Lol
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#20 » by stitches » Tue May 22, 2018 7:24 pm

pickIBL wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:I could see a Jae + expiring contracts + our pick moving us up in the draft.

Who ya gonna call?

Josh Kroenke!
Lol

Return to Utah Jazz