Kevin Love?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Re: Kevin Love? 

Post#101 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:42 pm

GobertReport wrote:I think we are going to see Love to Memphis for Parsons and #4.

Not enough for the Grizz. And they don’t clear capspace.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#102 » by AingesBurner » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:47 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:I think we are going to see Love to Memphis for Parsons and #4.

Not enough for the Grizz. And they don’t clear capspace.

But if they are moving Parson and 4 to win now, they are definitely going for a win now vet like Love.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#103 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:08 am

But he also has a short contract. And he doesn’t offer salary cap relief until he leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#104 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:10 am

Daddy 801 wrote:But he also has a short contract. And he doesn’t offer salary cap relief until he leaves.

Do they want salary cap relief or a win now veteran?

Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager

Post#105 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:47 am

GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:But he also has a short contract. And he doesn’t offer salary cap relief until he leaves.

Why not both? Ingles and our expiring contracts do that. I’m sure other teams could offer a similar deal.

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#106 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:48 am

Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Why not both? Ingles and our expiring contracts do that. I’m sure other teams could offer a similar deal.

I hate to give up our only good 3 pt shooter.

Ingles is cooked.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#107 » by Luigi » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:I don’t see Love as a real option considering the timing of when things have to happen.

I thought Love's deal was pretty good for our purposes. We have 3 years before we have to pay Mitchel, Gobert, and Ingles.

Doesn't Love have 3 years left?

Edit: I see Love has 1 year at 24.1, then 1 player option at 25.6. Still not a bad stretch. But since he could be a 1 year rental, we could probably get him for a pick and expirers.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
CallMeKahn
Starter
And1: 1,682

Post#108 » by CallMeKahn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Wonder if Kawhi being dealt will force the Jazz to respond?
daoneandonly wrote:Utah doesnt have anyhting close value wise to get Dallas to even pick up the phone

Said in reference to Utah's trade assets in a potential Doncic deal.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#109 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:22 pm

CallMeKahn wrote:Wonder if Kawhi being dealt will force the Jazz to respond?

If to the West, most definitely.

Ingles is cooked.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#110 » by stitches » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:33 pm

GobertReport wrote:

? In what way? To me it doesn't make sense. If anything it eliminates options for us(Pg13 most probably if he ever was an option)... IMO it makes it less likely that we make a move now, not more likely.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#111 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:36 pm

stitches wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

? In what way? To me it doesn't make sense. If anything it eliminates options for us(Pg13 most probably if he ever was an option)... IMO it makes it less likely that we make a move now, not more likely.

We have built a contender and we have to try to continue to contend.

Ingles is cooked.
stitches
RealGM

Post#112 » by stitches » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:40 pm

GobertReport wrote:
stitches wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

IMO standing pat or signing some 1 year contracts to improve the depth is the way to go. We shouldn't be making hasty decisions. Only sign future keystone pieces to long-term contracts. DOn't tie yourself to players that will prevent you from chasing Butler/Klay/Love... next year or whoever the best FAs in 2020 are. We should not be settling for meh players on long-term contracts. If you want to settle there will always be options like that to settle with. We must not do anything stupid and sabotage our future FAs.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#113 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:43 pm

stitches wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
stitches wrote:? In what way? To me it doesn't make sense. If anything it eliminates options for us(Pg13 most probably if he ever was an option)... IMO it makes it less likely that we make a move now, not more likely.

IMO standing pat or signing some 1 year contracts to improve the depth is the way to go. We shouldn't be making hasty decisions. Only sign future keystone pieces to long-term contracts. DOn't tie yourself to players that will prevent you from chasing Butler/Klay/Love... next year or whoever the best FAs in 2020 are. We should not be settling for meh players on long-term contracts. If you want to settle there will always be options like that to settle with. We must not do anything stupid and sabotage our future FAs.

I agree unless you can get Love now. If we get Love now can we clear cap for Paul George?

Ingles is cooked.
stitches
RealGM

Post#114 » by stitches » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:47 pm

GobertReport wrote:
stitches wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

I agree unless you can get Love now. If we get Love now can we clear cap for Paul George?

Paul George is gone IMO. Kawhi was a key piece. IMO it's almost certain they all go to LA now. Kawhi, PG13, LeBron... Kawhi through trade, the other two through FA.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#115 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:49 pm

stitches wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
stitches wrote:IMO standing pat or signing some 1 year contracts to improve the depth is the way to go. We shouldn't be making hasty decisions. Only sign future keystone pieces to long-term contracts. DOn't tie yourself to players that will prevent you from chasing Butler/Klay/Love... next year or whoever the best FAs in 2020 are. We should not be settling for meh players on long-term contracts. If you want to settle there will always be options like that to settle with. We must not do anything stupid and sabotage our future FAs.

Paul George is gone IMO. Kawhi was a key piece. IMO it's almost certain they all go to LA now. Kawhi, PG13, LeBron... Kawhi through trade, the other two through FA.

I think Kawhi is heading east to Boston or Philly. So back to my question, if we trade for Kevin Love, can we clear cap for Paul George?

Ingles is cooked.
stitches
RealGM

Post#116 » by stitches » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:53 pm

GobertReport wrote:
stitches wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

I think Kawhi is heading east to Boston or Philly. So back to my question, if we trade for Kevin Love, can we clear cap for Paul George?

There is a way to fit them both in. It means we will be left with like... 7 players.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#117 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:57 pm

stitches wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
stitches wrote:

There is a way to fit them both in. It means we will be left with like... 7 players.

Yeah but Rubio-Mitchell-PG-Love-Gobert with Ingles off the bench is dirty.

Ingles is cooked.
CallMeKahn
Starter
And1: 1,682

Post#118 » by CallMeKahn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:02 pm

stitches wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
stitches wrote:

We give up Jingles, Rubio, and/or Crowder to do it.
daoneandonly wrote:Utah doesnt have anyhting close value wise to get Dallas to even pick up the phone

Said in reference to Utah's trade assets in a potential Doncic deal.
stitches
RealGM

Post#119 » by stitches » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:05 pm

GobertReport wrote:

No Rubio.

Step 1: Trade Burks for capspace(future 1st or no. 21 this year)
Step 2: Waive everybody(Thabo, Udoh, Stockton, Jerebko), renounce Exum, Favors, Neto.
Step 3: Sign PG13 into capspace for max. (this leaves us about 0.5M under the cap)
Step 4: Trade Rubio, Crowder and a 1st round pick(whichever one we didn't trade to clear Burks' salary) for Love

Final Roster:

PG: Mitchell, ???, ???
SG: Ingles, Royce, ???
SF: PG13, ???, ???
PF: Love, ???, ???
C: Gobert, Bradley, ???

We need to fill 8 positions with vet min contracts or second round picks(if we can buy some).
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#120 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:06 pm

stitches wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

No Rubio.

Step 1: Trade Burks for capspace(future 1st or no. 21 this year)
Step 2: Waive everybody(Thabo, Udoh, Stockton, Jerebko), renounce Exum, Favors, Neto.
Step 3: Sign PG13 into capspace for max. (this leaves us about 0.5M under the cap)
Step 4: Trade Rubio, Crowder and a 1st round pick(whichever one we didn't trade to clear Burks' salary) for Love

Final Roster:

PG: Mitchell, ???, ???
SG: Ingles, Royce, ???
SF: PG13, ???, ???
PF: Love, ???, ???
C: Gobert, Bradley, ???

We need to fill 8 positions with vet min contracts or second round picks(if we can buy some).

Could we use Exum as a S&T though?

Ingles is cooked.

Return to Utah Jazz