vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Re: Kevin Love? 

Post#41 » by vryadli » Sat Jun 2, 2018 2:05 am

Luigi wrote:
MTJazzv3 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
What FA do you have in mind because none excite me.

Klay, Ricky Rubio, Kemba, Bogdan, Mirotic, KAT, Morris, as a sample. The Jazz can be one of the fatter teams in the league in 2019 depending on what they do this summer. Laugh if you want, but with internal development the Jazz aren't so far out.

I think we need another piece. If that's right, we need to do it in a 3 year window. But why wait?

This summer looks better than next summer to me. Paul George and Kevin Love are bigger fish than Rubio and Walker. And there are even bigger fish this summer that will go to the top teams. Lebron, Cousins, Chris Paul, a lot of the top tier will make more room in the next tier where we actaully have a shot.

How much on W-side Cooisin brought to their teams so far? How many PO, WCF, rings or something? To wiggle between this too, it has to be a fat load, but I somehow missed it completely.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#42 » by Luigi » Sat Jun 2, 2018 2:55 am

vryadli wrote:
Luigi wrote:
MTJazzv3 wrote:
Klay, Ricky Rubio, Kemba, Bogdan, Mirotic, KAT, Morris, as a sample. The Jazz can be one of the fatter teams in the league in 2019 depending on what they do this summer. Laugh if you want, but with internal development the Jazz aren't so far out.

I think we need another piece. If that's right, we need to do it in a 3 year window. But why wait?

This summer looks better than next summer to me. Paul George and Kevin Love are bigger fish than Rubio and Walker. And there are even bigger fish this summer that will go to the top teams. Lebron, Cousins, Chris Paul, a lot of the top tier will make more room in the next tier where we actaully have a shot.

How much on W-side Cooisin brought to their teams so far? How many PO, WCF, rings or something? To wiggle between this too, it has to be a fat load, but I somehow missed it completely.

Cousins? He's very talented, but hasn't brought a lot of wins or other results to his teams.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#43 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jun 2, 2018 2:58 am

Luigi wrote:
vryadli wrote:
Luigi wrote:

Cousins? He's very talented, but hasn't brought a lot of wins or other results to his teams.

Cousins is overrated imo.
Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#44 » by Daddy 801 » Sat Jun 2, 2018 5:29 am

I hate Cousins. But I think I’d rather gamble on him instead of some players who have been mentioned. He puts up numbers and can get offensively hot. We need that.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#45 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jun 2, 2018 6:20 am

Daddy 801 wrote:I hate Cousins. But I think I’d rather gamble on him instead of some players who have been mentioned. He puts up numbers and can get offensively hot. We need that.

He can’t play PF.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Ingles is cooked.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#46 » by BudTugly » Sat Jun 2, 2018 7:04 am

Daddy 801 wrote:I hate Cousins. But I think I’d rather gamble on him instead of some players who have been mentioned. He puts up numbers and can get offensively hot. We need that.

Cousins is a great play for somebody. Not for Utah. Cousins to Boston, to Cleveland if LBJ stays, to Portland, etc. the dude could be a wrecking ball for a team that is looking to destroy the switch defense with no centers.

It’s a weird turnaround but I am rooting for this to happen and am rooting for him. I used to hate DC. But I hate what the league is becoming more.
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Post#47 » by vryadli » Sat Jun 2, 2018 2:46 pm

You really think that Jazz need somebody who only CAN get offensively hot? Gosh, I think it's the very last thing Jazz need - a player with unpredictable production.
Luigi
General Manager

Post#48 » by Luigi » Sat Jun 2, 2018 10:29 pm

So I didn't bring up Cousins to say we should get him. I brought him up in a list of 2018 free agents to show that the pool is deeper this summer than it will be next summer.

We aren't getting 1st tier free agents. We have a shot at 2nd tier. The deeper the pool, the better for us. That's why we should act now instead of wait another year.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#49 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jun 2, 2018 10:54 pm

Luigi wrote:So I didn't bring up Cousins to say we should get him. I brought him up in a list of 2018 free agents to show that the pool is deeper this summer than it will be next summer.

We aren't getting 1st tier free agents. We have a shot at 2nd tier. The deeper the pool, the better for us. That's why we should act now instead of wait another year.

But who?

Ingles is cooked.
Luigi
General Manager

Post#50 » by Luigi » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:17 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Luigi wrote:So I didn't bring up Cousins to say we should get him. I brought him up in a list of 2018 free agents to show that the pool is deeper this summer than it will be next summer.

But who?

1. Paul George needs to be our top priority.
2. Then I think we can look at trades, like one for Kevin Love, or others.
3. If that doesn't work, we can punt until next summer, but I think we'll have worse chances then.
4. Or we can load up with Favors and Exum and wait for internal improvement.
5. Or we can load up with lateral moves, let Favors and Exum walk, and hope for a good fit (see the FA target thread).

I think option 4 and 5 will keep us from ever really competing in the Mitchell three year window. And I think option 3 is less likely to work than option 1. Just take a look at top free agents lists this year https://hoopshype.com/2018/04/22/nba-free-agency-2018-the-top-players-2/ vs next http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2019/. So I'm down to swing for a home run this summer, or make a big trade for another piece.

This summer is way more top heavy than next summer. That's why we shouldn't wait. It's like taking your pick in the draft when Trey Burk and Enes Kanter are your elite picks. You want a deep draft year. This summer is a deep FA summer. Given how deep it is, I think we have a shot at George falling to us after the top teams take James, Paul, Cousins, etc... I think our shots next year will be for peanuts.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#51 » by AingesBurner » Sun Jun 3, 2018 12:15 am

Luigi wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

But who?

3. If that doesn't work, we can punt until next summer, but I think we'll have worse chances then.
5. Or we can load up with lateral moves, let Favors and Exum walk, and hope for a good fit (see the FA target thread).

I think option 4 and 5 will keep us from ever really competing in the Mitchell three year window. And I think option 3 is less likely to work than option 1. Just take a look at top free agents lists this year https://hoopshype.com/2018/04/22/nba-free-agency-2018-the-top-players-2/ vs next http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2019/. So I'm down to swing for a home run this summer, or make a big trade for another piece.

This summer is way more top heavy than next summer. That's why we shouldn't wait. It's like taking your pick in the draft when Trey Burk and Enes Kanter are your elite picks. You want a deep draft year. This summer is a deep FA summer. Given how deep it is, I think we have a shot at George falling to us after the top teams take James, Paul, Cousins, etc... I think our shots next year will be for peanuts.

I agree with everything you said I would add trading for Otto Porter to that list if Love or PG don’t pan out.

Ingles is cooked.
Luigi
General Manager

Post#52 » by Luigi » Sun Jun 3, 2018 12:51 am

GobertReport wrote:
Luigi wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
But who?

I agree with everything you said I would add trading for Otto Porter to that list if Love or PG don’t pan out.

I haven't seen much of Porter. He's young. What would we have to give up?

Love might just be expirers and a first round pick. Could be an addition without losing much. Paul George would be a straight up addition (though we lose out on bringing back Favors and Exum probably).
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#53 » by AingesBurner » Sun Jun 3, 2018 1:23 am

Luigi wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Luigi wrote:

Love might just be expirers and a first round pick. Could be an addition without losing much. Paul George would be a straight up addition (though we lose out on bringing back Favors and Exum probably).

Probably expirings and a first, maybe sign and trade Favs for Gortat.
Ingles is cooked.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Post#54 » by Note30 » Mon Jun 4, 2018 6:40 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Luigi wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Why is this board so high on PG? Didn't Jingles get in his head during the playoffs?
What would happen to Joe? I feel like your system worked so well because Joe was a starter. Would he move down to the PF spot?

Kevin Love I can understand.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#55 » by AingesBurner » Mon Jun 4, 2018 6:59 pm

Note30 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Luigi wrote:

Why is this board so high on PG? Didn't Jingles get in his head during the playoffs?
What would happen to Joe? I feel like your system worked so well because Joe was a starter. Would he move down to the PF spot?

Kevin Love I can understand.

PG and Ingles would switch at the 3 and 4, both would take turns at the 4 so the wear and tear would not be as bad.

And this trade is for Porter is the perfect 4 in our system.
Ingles is cooked.
Tom349
Rookie
And1: 266

Post#56 » by Tom349 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 2:23 pm

Ive actually been surprised by Loves defense in this finals series. Whilst certainly a weakness, the effort is there as is the communication and that in itself is enough to cover his lack of athleticism to guard when forced onto a smaller opponent. Yes he might get scored on but in a good defensive system as long as you can force opponents into tougher shots then they would like to take then that is a good outcome. Admittedly he would be of no use against Houston but there is nothing that can be done about that, the exceptions being Draymond Green playing the 5, Andre Roberson and Kawhi Leonard playing the 4 for their respective teams.
Luigi
General Manager

Post#57 » by Luigi » Fri Jun 8, 2018 8:43 pm

I think we're looking at a real shot at Love. Cleveland is gonna wanna rebuild when Lebron leaves.

I think we need to go for it.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#58 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 8, 2018 9:14 pm

Luigi wrote:I think we're looking at a real shot at Love. Cleveland is gonna wanna rebuild when Lebron leaves.

I agree, Tony Jones is taking a huge dump on Love right now on Twitter though, would be interesting if there was a 3 way where Love went to Washington and Porter went to Utah.
Ingles is cooked.
Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Post#59 » by Pass_the_rock » Sat Jun 9, 2018 11:05 am

GobertReport wrote:
Luigi wrote:I think we're looking at a real shot at Love. Cleveland is gonna wanna rebuild when Lebron leaves.

I agree, Tony Jones is taking a huge dump on Love right now on Twitter though, would be interesting if there was a 3 way where Love went to Washington and Porter went to Utah.

who's tony jones? why his opinion should matter?
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#60 » by AingesBurner » Sat Jun 9, 2018 5:08 pm

Pass_the_rock wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

who's tony jones? why his opinion should matter?

Jazz beat writer, most well connected beat writer.

Ingles is cooked.

Return to Utah Jazz