Future Free Agent Thread

Moderators: DelaneyRudd, Inigo Montoya, FJS

User avatar
Crunch 99
Analyst
Posts: 3,288
And1: 1,275
Joined: Jan 05, 2017
 

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1801 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:41 pm

Now that PG and KL have joined the Clippers, I would like to re-sign Thabo for the vet minimum even more, but he might get a better offer elsewhere. I was disappointed that Thabo went stone cold on wide open shots during our quick playoff exit, but his performance on defense and wide open threes during the regular season was good. And I've read that he is like having another defensive coach on the bench and in the locker room.
User avatar
ForeverRDjazz
Rookie
Posts: 1,241
And1: 278
Joined: Jan 08, 2017
     

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1802 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:13 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:Now that PG and KL have joined the Clippers, I would like to re-sign Thabo for the vet minimum even more, but he might get a better offer elsewhere. I was disappointed in Thabo going stone cold on wide open shots during our quick, playoff loss to the Rockets, but his performance on defense and wide open threes during the regular season was good. And I've read that he is like having another defensive coach on the bench and in the locker room.

Read that earlier and I'm glad it's not the Lakers. I'd put clips over the Lakers in the west now. And this really hurts OKC for winning soon. PG and the trading away Adams? Lucky to make the playoffs next year. Still thing GSW will be in the top 4 with Jazz and Nugs. Portland top 6 I think LAC will sneak in to top 5. Just don't think Lakers have the depth to go that high. Thabo's D would be nice and throw KK back in. Just haven't heard either side talk about joining up again? Jazz finish out of the top 4 would be a total shocker.
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,311
And1: 5,871
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1803 » by stitches » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:06 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,311
And1: 5,871
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1804 » by stitches » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:50 pm

Read on Twitter


Ryan Anderson will become available after he gets stretched and waived. He fits the shooter description TJ has been giving for a new addition to the roster.
dr0welf
Analyst
Posts: 3,309
And1: 639
Joined: Jun 16, 2007
     

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1805 » by dr0welf » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:22 pm

stitches wrote:
Read on Twitter


Ryan Anderson will become available after he gets stretched and waived. He fits the shooter description TJ has been giving for a new addition to the roster.


He would, would he take the minimum? Other teams still have some cap space or exceptions to offer him.
Jingles2
Junior
Posts: 264
And1: 51
Joined: Jun 27, 2017

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1806 » by Jingles2 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:52 pm

[quote="stitches"]
Read on Twitter


Ryan Anderson will become available after he gets stretched and waived. He fits the shooter description TJ has been giving for a new addition


Would much rather have him than Stauskas or some of the other shooters I've seen tossed around.
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,311
And1: 5,871
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1807 » by stitches » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:52 pm

Read on Twitter
sipclip
Head Coach
Posts: 6,635
And1: 1,157
Joined: Jan 20, 2005

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1808 » by sipclip » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:03 pm

I didn't see Johnson getting that kind of offer. Typical Masai pickup though. Look for him to cherry pick a few more former 1st rd picks.
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,311
And1: 5,871
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1809 » by stitches » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:34 pm

Read on Twitter


Damn. That's a pretty hefty price. They must believe in him.

And Cousins goes to the Lakers:
Read on Twitter
User avatar
Crunch 99
Analyst
Posts: 3,288
And1: 1,275
Joined: Jan 05, 2017
 

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1810 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:47 pm

stitches wrote:
Read on Twitter


Damn. That's a pretty hefty price. They must believe in him.


I was just about to post about Zubac before the signing. I think he is a good signing. He's young with potential to continue to to improve; he has good size, a decent drpm, is a good rebounder with respectable per 36 numbers.
User avatar
Crunch 99
Analyst
Posts: 3,288
And1: 1,275
Joined: Jan 05, 2017
 

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1811 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:53 pm

stitches wrote:And Cousins goes to the Lakers:
Read on Twitter


Might have to counter the Cousins/AD front line with the all defensive Gobert/Davis front line.
User avatar
Luigi
General Manager
Posts: 8,010
And1: 3,571
Joined: Aug 13, 2009
 

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1812 » by Luigi » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:48 pm

Any word on Thabo yet? I think I'd rather have him playing 8 minutes at 4 than Niang.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
User avatar
CAE15
Analyst
Posts: 3,338
And1: 315
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Defending Trey Burke
   

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1813 » by CAE15 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:05 pm

Luigi wrote:Any word on Thabo yet? I think I'd rather have him playing 8 minutes at 4 than Niang.
Tony has mentioned more than a few times, he's unlikely to come back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
Image
User avatar
Luigi
General Manager
Posts: 8,010
And1: 3,571
Joined: Aug 13, 2009
 

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1814 » by Luigi » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:49 pm

CAE15 wrote:
Luigi wrote:Any word on Thabo yet? I think I'd rather have him playing 8 minutes at 4 than Niang.
Tony has mentioned more than a few times, he's unlikely to come back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app


Anyone else think that going for another shooter would be a mistake on this roster?
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
User avatar
Crunch 99
Analyst
Posts: 3,288
And1: 1,275
Joined: Jan 05, 2017
 

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1815 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:23 am

Luigi wrote:
CAE15 wrote:
Luigi wrote:Any word on Thabo yet? I think I'd rather have him playing 8 minutes at 4 than Niang.
Tony has mentioned more than a few times, he's unlikely to come back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app


Anyone else think that going for another shooter would be a mistake on this roster?


I wouldn't mind Thabo or bigger guy.
User avatar
Wolverine
Rookie
Posts: 1,063
And1: 50
Joined: Jul 27, 2002

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1816 » by Wolverine » Sun Jul 7, 2019 1:16 pm

Ryan Anderson?
User avatar
stitches
RealGM
Posts: 13,311
And1: 5,871
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
 

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1817 » by stitches » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:40 pm

Ekpe gone:
Read on Twitter
Winglish
Analyst
Posts: 3,613
And1: 1,284
Joined: Feb 17, 2013
     

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1818 » by Winglish » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:05 am

Am I the only one who thinks the Jazz need a little more muscle to replace Favors?

Jeff Green is really a small forward. Bojan and Ingles are small forwards.

The new Jazz lack muscle.

Where is a Kenneth Faried signing when we need one?

Sent from my SM-G892U using RealGM mobile app
dr0welf
Analyst
Posts: 3,309
And1: 639
Joined: Jun 16, 2007
     

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1819 » by dr0welf » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:18 am

Some options we could look at for the minimum as they are not signed yet, some might demand more: Dragan Bender, Marquisse Chriss, Kenneth Faried, Jamychael Green, Dante Cunningham, Ian Clark, Corey Brewer, Jonas Jarebko, Amir Johnson, Jonathan Motley, Nene, Thabo, Nik Stauskus.... some of these might be off the list now as I don't think NBA.com has updated their lists completely.

Currently we have 13 players signed or proposed signings. Gobert, Davis, Bradley, Bogs, Niang, Green, Ingles, O'neal, Exum, DM, Spida, Mudiay, Conley. Am I missing any? That leaves 2 contracts and 2 2-way contracts.

Could be saved for guys off summer league. My thoughts are Reed, Brantley, Oni, JWF will be the signings 2 will be on the team 2 will be 2-ways. I'm think Brantley & Oni make the team and JWF and Reed are our 2-way contracts.

Thoughts??
dr0welf
Analyst
Posts: 3,309
And1: 639
Joined: Jun 16, 2007
     

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1820 » by dr0welf » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:20 am

Winglish wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the Jazz need a little more muscle to replace Favors?

Jeff Green is really a small forward. Bojan and Ingles are small forwards.

The new Jazz lack muscle.

Where is a Kenneth Faried signing when we need one?

Sent from my SM-G892U using RealGM mobile app


I think Faried would be a good signing or Nene as I don't think he picked up his option. I'm wondering if the Jazz are thinking Reed as that guy??? But you are correct they need some muscle

Return to Utah Jazz