NBA 2019 Draft Prospects Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Re: NBA 2019 Draft Prospects Thread 

Post#21 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Nov 7, 2018 4:34 pm

I bet Cash Considerations is ranked higher on the Jazz's board.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#22 » by KqWIN » Wed Nov 7, 2018 4:39 pm

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Barrett and Zion are A++++++ athletes. They're dominating Kentucky. Reddish looks really good too.

I'm watching the game now. WOW! Zion is freakishly freaky even compared to other freaky athletes... and Barrett is not far back.

The top of this draft class might not be as bad as I previously thought.

#AYearLongBlemishForCameronRedish

#MoveLikeSeaLionForTheFreakyZion

#ByUsingACaretLetsSneakInRJBarrett

They are incredibly intense on the court, Barrett and Zion in particular look like they live to compete. Good kids off the court from what I’ve read as well.

#NotTryinForZion
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#23 » by stitches » Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:09 pm

KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Barrett and Zion are A++++++ athletes. They're dominating Kentucky. Reddish looks really good too.

I'm watching the game now. WOW! Zion is freakishly freaky even compared to other freaky athletes... and Barrett is not far back.

They are incredibly intense on the court, Barrett and Zion in particular look like they live to compete. Good kids off the court from what I’ve read as well.

#NotTryinForZion

Yep, they are competitors. Unlike Reddish... he seems to float a lot. This is the same thing I've heard from other people and the same thing I've seen when I've watched him in the Hoop Summit and other similar events... but he's damn talented too.

There is this kid that is a late bloomer named Nassir Little (UNC) who some people think might be in contention for the no. 1 pick along with Zion and Barrett.

#PretendGobertIsBrittleForNassirLittle
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#24 » by KqWIN » Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:57 pm

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:I'm watching the game now. WOW! Zion is freakishly freaky even compared to other freaky athletes... and Barrett is not far back.

#NotTryinForZion

Yep, they are competitors. Unlike Reddish... he seems to float a lot. This is the same thing I've heard from other people and the same thing I've seen when I've watched him in the Hoop Summit and other similar events... but he's damn talented too.

There is this kid that is a late bloomer named Nassir Little (UNC) who some people think might be in contention for the no. 1 pick along with Zion and Barrett.

Yeah, that’s what I gathered from the hoop summit as well. The talent level looked terrible because Zion was injured and Reddish was invisible.

Zion’s got to be one of the most interesting prospects ever. He’s just a different type of physical specimen and combines that with skill and great intangibles. I think he’ll go number 1.
stitches
RealGM

Post#25 » by stitches » Wed Nov 7, 2018 6:09 pm

KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

#NotTryinForZion

Yeah, that’s what I gathered from the hoop summit as well. The talent level looked terrible because Zion was injured and Reddish was invisible.

Zion’s got to be one of the most interesting prospects ever. He’s just a different type of physical specimen and combines that with skill and great intangibles. I think he’ll go number 1.

Gobert for the pick that gives you Zion. Take it or leave it right now, this moment?
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#26 » by KqWIN » Wed Nov 7, 2018 6:13 pm

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:

Gobert for the pick that gives you Zion. Take it or leave it right now, this moment?

Gobert.
stitches
RealGM

Post#27 » by stitches » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Look at this freshman from LSU guys:

Looks VERY intriguing. I need to watch a full game of his.
stitches
RealGM

Post#28 » by stitches » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Also... Bol Bol looks awesome:
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#29 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:03 pm

These videos are very interesting indeed. Reid looks like has a herky-jerky game and good imagination in looking for the basket and making shots. Some of his movement are awkward but he has good recognition of his situation and a knack for taking and making unorthodox shots for a big. That's my take from these highlights.

As for Bol, I was surprised by the form and smoothness of his jumper. Definitely worth following both, thanks for sharing.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM

Post#30 » by stitches » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:46 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:These videos are very interesting indeed. Reid looks like has a herky-jerky game and good imagination in looking for the basket and making shots. Some of his movement are awkward but he has good recognition of his situation and a knack for taking and making unorthodox shots for a big. That's my take from these highlights.

As for Bol, I was surprised by the form and smoothness of his jumper. Definitely worth following both, thanks for sharing.

This class might turn out to be better than I anticipated... at least at the top 6-7...
stitches
RealGM

Post#31 » by stitches » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Watch for Romeo Langford. Not many people talking about him, but he's very interesting to me. Freshman wing from Indiana with size and good skill level.

stitches
RealGM

Post#32 » by stitches » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:00 pm

This is the best PG in the draft according to DX:

sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#33 » by sipclip » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:07 am

Good news boys the top 10 of this upcoming draft is looking incredible. Potentially elite wing prospects and elite bigs to choose from. So far Bol is the player that has really jumped off the screen to me besides Zion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#34 » by Catchall » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:36 am

I would call Grimes a PG.

And this kid Ja Morant is turning people's heads.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
stitches
RealGM

Post#35 » by stitches » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Not 2019 but oh well... here's a highschooler with a 360 between the legs dunk:

:o
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#36 » by sipclip » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:44 am

I'm really starting to like Cam Johnson from North Carolina. He isn't worthy of being taken where we will likely be drafting but for a late 1st or early 2nd he would be an excellent pick. He has great size for a wing and can really shoot the ball.

stitches
RealGM

Post#37 » by stitches » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:32 pm

Anybody watched this guy:

Is it just the highlights or is he really this awesome?
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#38 » by sipclip » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:23 am

stitches wrote:Anybody watched this guy:

He has a nice future but it is just the highlights as of now. Still a major project to this point.

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Post#39 » by babyjax13 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:27 am

stitches wrote:Anybody watched this guy:

The way he moves and plays reminds me of Nerlens Noel

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#40 » by sipclip » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:22 pm

We are beginning to see some sleeper prospects emerge for this draft. I love what I am seeing from Jarret Culver.

Return to Utah Jazz