Kenzie Okpala
Louis King
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Re: NBA 2019 Draft Prospects Thread 

Post#45 » by pickIBL » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:36 pm

I would just toss out n'doye as an option to look at. The Jazz are a defense first team and this kid is a defender. He was measured with a 7'2 wingspan at 17, so his body could turn into a bit like kawhi. He's a project, but worth a look. 6'7 pgs that fit the system arent easy to find.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#46 » by KqWIN » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:29 pm

Full disclosure I’ve watched one game and looked at stats...but to me this draft stinks outside of Zion.
Ikeizm
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#47 » by Ikeizm » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:09 am

Sekou Douyoumba is going to be a beast. Remember me.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#48 » by Catchall » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:13 pm

Ikeizm wrote:Sekou Douyoumba is going to be a beast. Remember me.

Noted. I think Okpala has some sleeper star potential like Paul George.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#49 » by stitches » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:28 pm

I'm watching Virginia vs Duke. Will be writing down some impressions from the game about the NBA prospects here:

DeAndre Hunter - he looks big! And he plays big. What a defensive stop on Barrett. Great feet and timing on the contest, physical in traffic on the rebound. Looks a bit clunky on offense, but he get his shot off the dribble without much hesitation. His wingspan looks huge when defending on the perimeter. I'd be shocked if it's shorter than 7 feet... looks Kawhi'ish. Hunter is shutting down Barrett on his drives. Very impressive. He's giving him the 3s, but nothing inside. Attacks a switch(Bolden)... doesn't look fast enough, but draws the foul... Not great handle. IMO won't be initiating offense in the NBA, unless he improves the handle a lot. His shot looks nice though. Might be a legit 3 and D prospect. Great defender. Barrett is lighting it up from 3, but that's not sustainable... he's like 6/7 or something insane like this. Barrett is not this type of shooter.

Zion - nothing new, but damn... his explosiveness is impressive - it's apparent in pretty much any facet of the game - on dunks, while rim protecting, while defending on the perimeter... it oozes out of every pore of his body. Has some troubles with double teams so far. Damn, quick recovery and change of direction and steal on the potential backdoor cut. Impressive. Very sloppy game handling the ball. Must have 5-6 TOs so far... doesn't give the ball up when swarmed, cannot beat double team to save his life right now. WOW. WOW! What quickness and explosiveness on the closeout to block a shot from Hunter. WOW!

Barrett - shoots 3 over Hunter, scores. Barrett scores another 3. And another one. Hunter is giving him space for the 3s and he's hitting them so far. I don't think it's a bad strategy against him... but damn... has to be discouraging. 4/4 from 3. WOW. 5/5! Cannot get past Hunter on his drives. Also has problem passing out of a double team.

Reddish - tried going past Jerome on the wing and got shut down. Looked sluggish a bit. It's possible he doesn't have the best first step acceleration. Great length on D shows when he pokes the ball away from Guy. Great attack of the rim in transition. Body control, touch, understanding of angles. Nice. Reddish has skill. Why is he not playing better for DUke this year? He is better than his stats. Should be better. I like his jumpshot better than Barrett's. It looks smooth and effortless. He's hit 4 3s himself. Duke on fire. Needs to be better on D. Guy has drawn 2 consecutive fouls on him. And then follows it with a great block on Hunter - goes to show he has it in him, needs to be more focused. Jerome tried to beat Reddish off the dribble... Reddish shows good feet and shuts him off.

Kyle Guy - looks small... but good feel for the game, great timing on pocket passes. His shot looks real nice. Very smart with his cuts.

(done)

I think Reddish will be the player this year I like more than most people.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#50 » by stitches » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:34 pm

We should think of a way to get to a position where we can draft Reddish. Or we should doctor a video of him with a gas mask or jumping off a balcony at the combine... or have someone from the board volunteer to provoke him in a bar and take a beating for the cameras... or something of that sort. Take one for the team... anyone up for it? :D

IMO he's the type of player we need and he can be great fit both for the system and for the other two main pieces we have.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#51 » by sipclip » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:07 pm

I love Reddish. He made a big mistake going to Duke with 2 other stars instead of going somewhere that he can dominate the ball. Being a 3rd option doesn't fit his game and I'm confident if he went to a school where he could dominate the ball he would be viewed in a similar lite to Barret.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#52 » by babyjax13 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:43 am

Coby White and Keldon Johnson (if he drops) are on my radar for the Jazz.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Ikeizm
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#53 » by Ikeizm » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:45 am

Anyone else think Bol Bol can play PF next to Gobert? I kind of do, and it's kind of exciting to think about. A new twin towers? Trade Favors, draft Bol Bol, sign a good free agent, or two... depending on who they can sign, I think it could work. I think its a good plan B anyway, if they can't move up for someone better. Bol Bol has real potential.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#54 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:18 am

Ikeizm wrote:Anyone else think Bol Bol can play PF next to Gobert? I kind of do, and it's kind of exciting to think about. A new twin towers? Trade Favors, draft Bol Bol, sign a good free agent, or two... depending on who they can sign, I think it could work. I think its a good plan B anyway, if they can't move up for someone better. Bol Bol has real potential.

His length and shooting are appealing but, unfortunately, I'm not sure that he could defend a sloth outside of a few feet from the rim.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#55 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:20 am

Darius Bazley? Out of sight, out of mind, but if he were playing he might be a lottery selection.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#56 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:02 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:Darius Bazley? Out of sight, out of mind, but if he were playing he might be a lottery selection.

I supported his choice to skip college and play in the d-leauge, but when he then changed his mind (not before writing a long letter about why he chose to skip college and go to the d-league) and decided to not play at all (while still getting paid 14M from New Balance, including 1M for being an intern for 3 months...), I cooled on him significantly. And frankly, his agent seems so involved with his decisions that I think he'll steer him clear of Utah anyway.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Jingles2
Junior
And1: 63

Post#57 » by Jingles2 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:17 pm

If we can get a late first or early 2nd round pick I would love to snatch up Matisse Thybulle. He is probably the best defender coming out of college in a decade. Offense isnt great, but if he can become an average 3 point shooter he will have a long career. Even if he never becomes an average 3 point shooter his defense alone has good value.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#58 » by babyjax13 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:13 am

Jingles2 wrote:If we can get a late first or early 2nd round pick I would love to snatch up Matisse Thybulle. He is probably the best defender coming out of college in a decade. Offense isnt great, but if he can become an average 3 point shooter he will have a long career. Even if he never becomes an average 3 point shooter his defense alone has good value.

I agree. Admiral Schofield as well. He's basically PJ Tucker. Tremendously strong (both 6-5 240), and a very good 3-PT shooter at the college level (48/39/76 shooting). He's also more athletic than Tucker is now. I'm also still a huge Jontay Porter fan.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#59 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:27 am

Admiral Schofield has the best name in this draft. He's this year's Sindarius Thornwell.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#60 » by KqWIN » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:32 am

Zion literally blew through his shoe and messed up his knee! I hope he's ok long term.

This is why he should have shut it down a long time ago. He had very little to gain and he's not the one making money off his play.

Return to Utah Jazz