Trades! Summer 2019

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Tom349
Rookie
And1: 266

Re: Trades! 2018-2019 Midseason 

Post#221 » by Tom349 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:52 am

Just go get Porter and see what Charlotte are willing to give us for taking on Batum. Move Mitchell to PG and have Batum, Ingles and Mitchell run the team with Porter spacing the floor.

I've have no faith in Quin getting the best out of more athletic but not as intelligent players so we may as well supply him with a team full of high IQ players who space the floor.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Post#222 » by babyjax13 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:36 pm

Trade 1 (modified per feedback):
New Orleans trades: Randle, Hill, 2019 1st (top 10 protected, top 10, 2 2nds)
New Orleans receives: Wall, Sefelosha
Pelicans have done well with Rondo, now they get the supercharged version and keep Mirotic + add another backup wing.

Utah trades: Burks, Sefelosha, 2019 1st (lottery protected, lottery protected, 2 2nds)
Utah receives: Randle
Utah gets a stretchier 4 than they've had, but more importantly, one that is better as a switching defender at the 4. Randle is still only 23 and can be a secondary scorer next to Mitchell.

Washington trades: Wall
Washington receives: Hill, Burks, 2019 NOP 1st, 2019 UTA 1st
Wizards get two picks for Wall.
--ASSUMING that Wall would be fairly likely to waive his trade kicker to play with Holiday/Mirotic/Davis.
Trade 2:
Utah trades: Ricky Rubio, 2019 2nd
Cleveland trades: George Hill
Utah needs floor spacing. Hill is a career 45/39/85 shooter and since he's already played for us, won't take long to learn the changes in the system. Cleveland saves $5 million this year plus the $1 million next year for Hill's buyout and gets a late second.

Gobert 34/Favors 14/Udoh
Randle 30/Crowder 10/Favors 8
Ingles 28/Crowder 12/O'neale 8
Mitchell 26/Exum 14/Allen 8
Hill 26/Exum 14/Mitchell 8

We'd still be able to move Favors if we wanted to, but we'd be incredibly deep after this and the court would be spread a lot more.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#223 » by Luigi » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:07 pm

I don't know if I can forgive Hill for burning us in the playoffs with his injury. I question his will. He's even older now.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#224 » by sipclip » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:20 am

Please stop making posts that have us throwing away 1st rd picks for pending free agents.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#225 » by babyjax13 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:48 am

sipclip wrote:Please stop making posts that have us throwing away 1st rd picks for pending free agents.

This draft is very weak, if there is any year to trade a pick for an upgrade, it is this year.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#226 » by stitches » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:20 am

babyjax13 wrote:
sipclip wrote:Please stop making posts that have us throwing away 1st rd picks for pending free agents.

This draft is very weak, if there is any year to trade a pick for an upgrade, it is this year.

It depends on just how bad we turn out to be... We might land a good talent if we continue playing like ****.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#227 » by sipclip » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:50 pm

babyjax13 wrote:

Sorry but it is way too early to say this draft is weak. The players I'm looking at are actually making this draft look loaded in the top 10 and we always see more players start to show out.

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#228 » by stitches » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:22 pm

sipclip wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Sorry but it is way too early to say this draft is weak. The players I'm looking at are actually making this draft look loaded in the top 10 and we always see more players start to show out.

I've been having a lot of disagreements with you here lately, but I agree with this one. It's early but this draft class might turn out to be better than I initially expected. I still don't think it has good depth but the top is looking pretty strong right now.
Wolverine
Bench Warmer
And1: 113

Post#229 » by Wolverine » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:33 pm

Would we do exum for Fultz? Simmons would love to have Dante
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#230 » by AingesBurner » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:02 am

Wolverine wrote:Would we do exum for Fultz? Simmons would love to have Dante

It would be good for both players.
Ingles is cooked.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#231 » by babyjax13 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:41 am

stitches wrote:
sipclip wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

I've been having a lot of disagreements with you here lately, but I agree with this one. It's early but this draft class might turn out to be better than I initially expected. I still don't think it has good depth but the top is looking pretty strong right now.

Well, that's why you don't trade unprotected picks. I don't disagree that the top looks good.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#232 » by babyjax13 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:10 am

Utah trades: Derrick Favors, Thabo Sefelosha, Ekpe Udoh, Royce O'neale
Utah receives: Otto Porter, Norman Powell, Delon Wright

Toronto trades: Norman Powell, Delon Wright, 2019 TOR 1st
Toronto receives: Thabo Sefelosha, Ekpe Udoh, Royce O'neale

Washington trades: Otto Porter
Washington receives: Derrick Favors, 2019 TOR 1st

JColl
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#233 » by sipclip » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:24 am

I can't see the Raptors doing that. Great for us though. Also I think the wiz could get a better offer than that.

dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#234 » by dr0welf » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:20 am

Yeah, good foundation of a trade but I agree with sipclip value for Toronto and Washington is off. You might want to throw in like 3 2nd round picks for each team....
Stern Fixer
Rookie
And1: 282

Post#235 » by Stern Fixer » Sun Dec 2, 2018 10:17 pm

I propose Bradley or Udoh and Seifolosha for DeAngelo Russell and Rondae Hollis Jefferson. Works in the trade machine with a +6 in the win column. Both guys are on expiring deals and restricted. Why do they do it? They desperately need a widebody in the paint as opposing teams are keying on Jarrett Allen and only one bonafide center on roster. Also they have a star pg on the roster by the name of Dinwiddie. Why do we do it? We desperately need a point guard that can score and create to keep the defense honest and create more open shots. I'm also very high on Hollis Jefferson.

Considered also Spencer Dinwiddie, but his contract doesn't match and he's unrestricted. Considered putting either Exum or Neto in the equation to clear out a pg for a pg, but NBA Trade Machine wouldn't allow me to insert either player. Some players appear to be un-tradeable in this format.
"But if you want to win, you have to teach a player how to win. That's why I don't believe in tanking, all that stuff. You don't learn how to win by losing on purpose to get a 19-year-old who you've never seen." -Rudy Gobert, 2017/18 Season
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#236 » by pickIBL » Sun Dec 2, 2018 10:54 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Wolverine wrote:Would we do exum for Fultz? Simmons would love to have Dante

It would be good for both players.

You dont come back from the yips.

I do think the jazz need to make another move but dont see it coming til feb
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#237 » by babyjax13 » Mon Dec 3, 2018 1:28 am

Stern Fixer wrote:I propose Bradley or Udoh and Seifolosha for DeAngelo Russell and Rondae Hollis Jefferson. Works in the trade machine with a +6 in the win column. Both guys are on expiring deals and restricted. Why do they do it? They desperately need a widebody in the paint as opposing teams are keying on Jarrett Allen and only one bonafide center on roster. Also they have a star pg on the roster by the name of Dinwiddie. Why do we do it? We desperately need a point guard that can score and create to keep the defense honest and create more open shots. I'm also very high on Hollis Jefferson.

Considered also Spencer Dinwiddie, but his contract doesn't match and he's unrestricted. Considered putting either Exum or Neto in the equation to clear out a pg for a pg, but NBA Trade Machine wouldn't allow me to insert either player. Some players appear to be un-tradeable in this format.

Why in god's green earth would brooklyn do that? Absolute crap for them. RHJ and Russell are the two best players in the trade by a significant margin, and a late first isn't going to balance it. I'd love De'Angelo on our team, though. I'd trade Allen and a filler for him. Brooklyn gets more salary control.

JColl
Stern Fixer
Rookie

Post#238 » by Stern Fixer » Mon Dec 3, 2018 6:12 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Stern Fixer wrote:I propose Bradley or Udoh and Seifolosha for DeAngelo Russell and Rondae Hollis Jefferson. Works in the trade machine with a +6 in the win column. Both guys are on expiring deals and restricted. Why do they do it? They desperately need a widebody in the paint as opposing teams are keying on Jarrett Allen and only one bonafide center on roster. Also they have a star pg on the roster by the name of Dinwiddie. Why do we do it? We desperately need a point guard that can score and create to keep the defense honest and create more open shots. I'm also very high on Hollis Jefferson.

Why in god's green earth would brooklyn do that? Absolute crap for them. RHJ and Russell are the two best players in the trade by a significant margin, and a late first isn't going to balance it. I'd love De'Angelo on our team, though. I'd trade Allen and a filler for him. Brooklyn gets more salary control.

I think they might do it particularly if a late first was involved though I'd rather just throw in Neto and a second rounder. The thing is Jarrett Allen just isn't getting it done in the paint and teams know it and exploit the lack of D. They need a real center and I'd give them their pick between Bradley or Udoh. And they already have a star in the making in Spencer Dinwiddie and know they're going to have to match when it comes to Russell. I'd also do Bradley and Neto for Dinwiddie and Hollis Jefferson even though Dinwiddie is unrestricted. Those are two talented, long, athletic point guards that know how to play, none of our guys check all those boxes. And Hollis Jefferson is going to be a star in this league IMHO.
"But if you want to win, you have to teach a player how to win. That's why I don't believe in tanking, all that stuff. You don't learn how to win by losing on purpose to get a 19-year-old who you've never seen." -Rudy Gobert, 2017/18 Season
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#239 » by babyjax13 » Mon Dec 3, 2018 6:16 am

Stern Fixer wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

I think they might do it particularly if a late first was involved though I'd rather just throw in Neto and a second rounder. The thing is Jarrett Allen just isn't getting it done in the paint and teams know it and exploit the lack of D. They need a real center and I'd give them their pick between Bradley or Udoh. And they already have a star in the making in Spencer Dinwiddie and know they're going to have to match when it comes to Russell. I'd also do Bradley and Neto for Dinwiddie and Hollis Jefferson even though Dinwiddie is unrestricted. Those are two talented, long, athletic point guards that know how to play, none of our guys check all those boxes. And Hollis Jefferson is going to be a star in this league IMHO.

You are wildly out of touch with the trade value of both ours and their players.

JColl
Stern Fixer
Rookie

Post#240 » by Stern Fixer » Mon Dec 3, 2018 7:00 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Stern Fixer wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

You are wildly out of touch with the trade value of both ours and their players.

You never know until you try. Beads and trinkets baby, beads and trinkets!

Return to Utah Jazz