Nómades D'en Ricky. The Grey Havens.

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Re: Utroll Jazz Bandwagoners. Ex-TimberTrolls, now ¡RICARD RUBIO I VIVES: MVP OF THE WORLD! 

Post#41 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:11 am

KqWIN wrote:
In2ition wrote:
dr0welf wrote:
Phoenix is a mess, I'm not sure what to expect.

What does this mean? They were a mess, don't you think they fixed this with the moves they've made this past year?

They are still a mess a ownership level, that won't change until Sarver sells the team. Ricky's most important task will be changing the culture. That's been the biggest issue with them over the years. Ricky has terrific character...but I'm not sure it's in his hands. The Suns have brought in strong vets before and nothing has changed. Ricky did his thing in MIN, but that never amounted to much success either.

It just depends on what you're counting as success. If winning 35 games is a big deal for them...I think that's something they can do. But given their history, they might just take a little bit longer to start tanking like they have for awhile. Once they're out, the only thing that seems to be on their minds are putting up stats in garbage time and starting fake fights.

35 win??!!

-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
In2ition
Senior
And1: 259

Re: Utroll Jazz Official Bandwagoners Fan Club (Spanish) 

Post#42 » by In2ition » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:52 pm

KqWIN wrote:
In2ition wrote:
dr0welf wrote:
Phoenix is a mess, I'm not sure what to expect.

What does this mean? They were a mess, don't you think they fixed this with the moves they've made this past year?

They are still a mess a ownership level, that won't change until Sarver sells the team. Ricky's most important task will be changing the culture. That's been the biggest issue with them over the years. Ricky has terrific character...but I'm not sure it's in his hands. The Suns have brought in strong vets before and nothing has changed. Ricky did his thing in MIN, but that never amounted to much success either.

It just depends on what you're counting as success. If winning 35 games is a big deal for them...I think that's something they can do. But given their history, they might just take a little bit longer to start tanking like they have for awhile. Once they're out, the only thing that seems to be on their minds are putting up stats in garbage time and starting fake fights.

Obviously ownership is going to change any time soon. I think Sarver has backed off a bit and started putting the right people in place. James Jones was a respected player around the league, and a good and smart guy. They got people with experience to help him, and not many coaches are as respected as a person than Monty Williams, who will set the tone at the start of training camp and already has. Monty has filled his staff with guys that are also respected. Then they added a bunch of smart and good character vets to fill the holes in the roster. I'm sure that Ricky is going to have a much easier time with the culture than it looked like based on last year's roster.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Re: Utroll Jazz Official Bandwagoners Fan Club (Spanish) 

Post#43 » by KqWIN » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:08 pm

In2ition wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
In2ition wrote:What does this mean? They were a mess, don't you think they fixed this with the moves they've made this past year?

Obviously ownership is going to change any time soon. I think Sarver has backed off a bit and started putting the right people in place. James Jones was a respected player around the league, and a good and smart guy. They got people with experience to help him, and not many coaches are as respected as a person than Monty Williams, who will set the tone at the start of training camp and already has. Monty has filled his staff with guys that are also respected. Then they added a bunch of smart and good character vets to fill the holes in the roster. I'm sure that Ricky is going to have a much easier time with the culture than it looked like based on last year's roster.

We'll see. The Suns have had very respected and strong character guys coaching and playing for them recently, but they weren't able to turn around the culture. Again, I think it's all about the expectations and definition of success. I could totally see them being this year's version of the Kings. The Kings were a laughing stock, but they turned around the culture and with 38 wins that was enough to have really good vibes around that franchise. Let's see how long that lasts...but it's what I think the Suns are targeting. In order for that to happen, the Suns really going to have to elevate the way they play defense as a team. Rubio, Baynes, and Bridges are all good defenders...but the other guys are going to have to elevate their game
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Utroll Jazz Bandwagoners. Ex-TimberTrolls, now ¡RICARD RUBIO I VIVES: MVP OF THE WORLD! 

Post#44 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:28 am

From 35 to 38 in just two posts?

If we manage to fullfill one page I foresee BlackTroll Suns making POs.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Utroll Jazz Bandwagoners. Ex-TimberTrolls, now Late Pre-Season Is When BlackTroll Suns are Best NBA Defense. 

Post#45 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:16 pm

Well...

Late Pre Season.

I'm not worried so far. Sooner or later Mike will hit them and we'll forget about this early %s.
Defense is being more or less functional and Spida looks good. Jeff Green showing his bright side so far (he has a dark one... he's a moon-player). Mudiay is doing fine about scoring... not that much in another aspects.

Team looks a bit messy but that's expectable. Half the roster never played together and there are yet some twists to be made in the rotation... maybe even in the starting lineup (I'm not entirely buying that 6th Man Ingles).

Next, against the Are-they-actually-playing-defense-or-it's-just-for-the-sake-of-lol? BlackTroll Suns, with The Golden Boy probably cleared to play.
He has some history of doing pretty well vs. ex-teams.

Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,054

Re: Utroll Jazz Bandwagoners. Ex-TimberTrolls, now Late Pre-Season Is When BlackTroll Suns are Best NBA Defense. 

Post#46 » by Rauxcee » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:55 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Calling it now: whichever one shoots better, that team wins.

Hope Ricky can play and the fans give him a good cheer.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Utroll Jazz Bandwagoners. Ex-TimberTrolls, now Nòmades Black Troll Suns. The Return of The SunKings. 

Post#47 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Jun 4, 2020 7:14 pm

He doesn't forget you.
Neither do I.

Read on Twitter

I'm not sure if this Coroned Season is a better or worse chance to you (ex-bandwagoning us) win the ring.
But whatever happens, I won't put any asterisk on it.

Addendo: Troll Award to The Most Bizarre Image Ever Recorded In A Protest goes to:

The Legolas From SLC.

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Utroll Jazz Bandwagoners. Ex-TimberTrolls, now Nòmades Black Troll Suns. Grey Ships Past Into The West. 

Post#48 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:03 pm

Aiyä!

Wish all of you and your families are safe and sound.

Black Troll Suns couldn't make it at The Bubble and TimberTrolls were nothing but intangibles there.
So the team to root for in these POs is pretty clear.

Happy to see McOnly finally droppin' it at a reasonable rate.

Can't say I'm enthusiastical about the way Utah is playing but Ol'Man Aussie still one of my favorite NBA players, still loving Spida (guy deserves it) and still thinking Stumps is one of the best defenders of the NBA and not only because his size.

Still a SociopathEyes fanboy.

So I expect them to put some fight and prove the criticism wrong.

Nobody is foreseeing Utah to do great... maybe the team can use that as a motivation and be the underdog.
It worked for the Suns.

As Anzai-Sensei said:

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Ex-UtrollJazz. Ex-TimberTrolls, Ex-BlackTrollSuns. Now NÒMADES OF (no idea yet, sorry) 

Post#49 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:01 pm

Aiyä!

Updating the situation of your most beloved ex-player ever (don't you correct me, please... let me be with my delusion).

After upgrading a tanking team to a legit fighter for 8th seed (Suns failed POs just because Nets missed a shot at the buzzer in its last bubble game), James Jonah Jameson (Black Troll Suns GM) proved his infinite gratitude to Rubio kicking his ass out to OKC in a trade including Papi Onda (Kelly Oubre) and a couple of young Sun's guards in order to get Carlton Banks (CP3).

Brilliant.

Well... this is a business I guess

Read on Twitter

Nothing against OKC... but I spoke with some Oklahoma fans and they all agree RR makes no sense on a team that (apparently) has a clear and unique goal for the next season.

So it's supposed RR will be traded to another franchise even before the pre-season starts.

When that happens, I'll upgrade again.

I should open a troll thread at OKC Forum (provided their mods don't ban me on spot) but I guess I'll wait a while 'til the waters calm down... maybe Presti actually wants Ricky to play for them, at least 'til the deadline or even beyond.

Time will tell.

Wish you all health.

All of the rest, you're grown-ass enough to get it by yourselves.

Addendum:

Read on Twitter

I remember Mad Max playing for HOU back in time... when I was simply old and not disgustingly ancient as I am now.
I never knew why they called him Mad Max.

I guess it's because he liked odd trash-talking.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Re: Ex-UtrollJazz. Ex-TimberTrolls, Ex-BlackTrollSuns. Now NÒMADES OF (no idea yet, sorry) 

Post#50 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:07 pm

I wish we'd kept Rubio instead of trading for Conley. With the addition of Bojan, I think Rubio would have made this team much better.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#51 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:22 pm

Water under the bridge.

McOnly didn't end up being that bad... just the team matched my Best Case Scenario: you got stuck at the same point RR left you.

And all of you must admit I was elegant enough to not come here yelling #IToldYa and...

---oh wait... I just did it now.

(Guy with lots of consonants saying 'we needed to get rid of Rubio but just we should had get another pg other than Mike' in 3---2---)
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#52 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:43 am

There are some reports the the Wolves are trying to trade for Rubio w/ OKC

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Ex-UtrollJazz. Ex-TimberTrolls, Ex-BlackTrollSuns. Now NÒMADES TimberTrolls a.C. 

Post#53 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:30 am

Done deal.

He's back to the tundra.

So back to the tundra I go as well.

I heard you gave Ed Davis to The NYK Sopranos just for free, as a present out of respect.

You're smart... it's always clever to get well along with The Family.
Avoids slashed horses' heads in your bedroom and stuff.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Re: Ex-UtrollJazz. Ex-TimberTrolls, Ex-BlackTrollSuns. Now NÒMADES TimberTrolls a.C. 

Post#54 » by MTJazzv3 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:10 am

This whole thread is so weird. You guys go get a room and report back?
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#55 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:45 pm

I thought it wasn't weird enough to my taste.

But then you came and fixed that.

Gratitude.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#56 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:04 am

Well... Late Pre Season stuff I guess.

I liked RR body language in this match. He was all smiles and hugs both with actual and former teammates before, after and during the game.
He didn't quite accomplish his usual Added Side Quest for these games ('Destroy your ex-team') but there was no real need.

Even if it's only Late pre Season, there are some concerning tips about UTA.

But let's wait for a major sample before unleashing armored war chariots.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#57 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:08 pm

Excellent term: 'late pre-season.' That's exactly how it feels right now, and the empty arenas certainly don't help.

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#58 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:26 pm

Aiyä! people.

I just wanted to hail you and to inform you:

Umm and this fall... man.... This is very tough umm...
And this fall I'm taking my talents to Erie lake and Join the Cleveland Cavaliers.

That was the conclusion I woke up this morning.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#59 » by dr0welf » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:59 am

Good luck in Cleveland Rubio....... hope it is short lived and moved to a better team
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,054

Post#60 » by Rauxcee » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:11 am

Oof. Ricky deserves better. Hope he lands on a good team.

I'd actually love him back as backup off the bench- though I know that's not what he wants, and I'm not sure how he'd fit with Clarkson, but I'm thinking with my heart, not my head.

Return to Utah Jazz