Relax Our schedule is Crazy

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Relax Our schedule is Crazy 

Post#1 » by Lava Rock Kid » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:55 am

I see people freaking out, I know it seams bad, however. We have played the most road games.

We will play one home game than 12 more on the road. The home game will be like another road game.

The worst team we have played is Dallas, during Dallas's streak where they even beat golden state.

We haven't played the crappy east teams yet. Dallas is the only sub 500 team we have played when Dallas was streaking.
I don't consider Minnesota crappy yet.

THis year will be tough. If this team can stay around 500 during the next 13, than we will be elite.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Re: Relax Our schedule is Crazy 

Post#2 » by KqWIN » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:22 am

The schedule will be rough, but it hasn't been rough. We have been very, very fortunate with opposing star players sitting out against us. We've been favored in 12 games out of 17. Even with the heavy road schedule we should be winning most of our games thus far. Or we're just massively overrated as a team...which is somewhat true.

This is still probably fine if all you want is for the Jazz to sneak into a playoffs spot...but the Jazz are in a very bad spot if you wanted them to improve as a group and take the next step.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#3 » by sipclip » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:29 am

Lava Rock Kid wrote:
THis year will be tough. If this team can stay around 500 during the next 13, than we will be elite.

No we won't. This team is not very good.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#4 » by BarneyGumble » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:21 pm

I don’t buy the rough schedule line either. We are getting smoked pretty consistently by most teams, many without their top players as was pointed out. If your plan is to beat up on sub-500 teams to punch your ticket to the playoffs then that’s a lousy plan. I expect my team to complete against the elites of the league, win or lose. We aren’t competing at all. Hell it looks like our guys outside of Rudy don’t give a damn.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,066

Post#5 » by Rauxcee » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:41 pm

A tough schedule doesn't explain losing by 83 points in our last 3 losses. Doesn't explain the poor free throw shooting. Doesn't explain the lazy defense and lazy passes that lead to turnovers. It also doesn't explain the poor shooting and the inability to hustle after loose balls.

It would be one thing if I thought this team was trying to win by playing hard on both ends and still losing, but they aren't. Most of the time they play like they don't give a damn. That's not the schedule.
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by Lava Rock Kid » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Last year we were 6 - 9, we had played 10 home games and 5 road games.
This year we are 8-9 we have played 6 home games and 11 road games.

Last year we played 9 tough teams and 6 weak teams
This year we have played no bad teams

I hear the argument about some of these teams have had their best player out. Usually when this happens the team all plays harder to make up for it. I hate playing a team without their best player that is only out for a night or two. Usually a tough win if you get the win.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#7 » by sipclip » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:58 pm

Lava Rock Kid wrote:Last year we were 6 - 9, we had played 10 home games and 5 road games.
This year we are 8-9 we have played 6 home games and 11 road games.

Last year we played 9 tough teams and 6 weak teams
This year we have played no bad teams

I hear the argument about some of these teams have had their best player out. Usually when this happens the team all plays harder to make up for it. I hate playing a team without their best player that is only out for a night or two. Usually a tough win if you get the win.

The thing that you are missing is that there are pretty much no bad teams in the west besides the suns and even they are vastly improved. In the meantime you can say we have had a tough schedule but that still completely ignores the fact that this team lacks talent and all the other teams in the west made moves to get better. We didn't. This team needs to make a decision between being stuck in no mans land or making a few tweaks that make us worse for the longterm good of this team.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 955

Post#8 » by tleikheen » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:25 pm

Jazz are slow and unathletic which worked last year but this years rule changes worked against the Jazz defense and the Jazz offense looks behind the times.
Ingles,Rubio,and Mitchell slo-mo ing the ball up the court on offense because they can't slow the opposing teams offense down when they get the ball. This can be a very mediocre season with a weak offense and a slow defense.
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by Lava Rock Kid » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:06 pm

Portland didn’t make changes. They are now number 1
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#10 » by KqWIN » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:21 pm

Lava Rock Kid wrote:Portland didn’t make changes. They are now number 1

The Jazz didn’t make changes. And now they are 8-9 during a period of games were they were favored 12-7. Blown out several times. That seems more relevant than what Portland is doing.

Staying pat or making move isn’t good or bad. It all depends on the situation and of course the results. The Jazz bet on seeing benefits from continuity and player development. We’re 1/5 of the way through the season and that has been a failure.

Unless you’re satisfied with beating tanking teams for a last minute playoff spot, this doesn’t seem like a group that was worth betting on. This team has failed to take a step forward and has taken huge steps back in some areas.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#11 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:31 pm

It won't last, and they'll be shamefully booted out of the playoffs posthaste this season too.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#12 » by FJS » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:53 am

before beginning the season 3 games vs Memphis, 3 games vs Dallas and 3 games vs kings should be a 9-0. we are 4-3.
Andri
Junior
And1: 251

Post#13 » by Andri » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:38 pm

West standings are crazy right now. 5 games between 1st and 14th, wow.
He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#14 » by zero24gravity » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:19 pm

Rauxcee wrote:A tough schedule doesn't explain losing by 83 points in our last 3 losses. Doesn't explain the poor free throw shooting. Doesn't explain the lazy defense and lazy passes that lead to turnovers. It also doesn't explain the poor shooting and the inability to hustle after loose balls.

It would be one thing if I thought this team was trying to win by playing hard on both ends and still losing, but they aren't. Most of the time they play like they don't give a damn. That's not the schedule.

I was going to post here, but then I saw you already did it for me. Thanks!

The FT shooting and terrible decision making/TO's aren't things that should be affected by scheduling, unless your playing your third game that day & your arms & mind are so damn tired you can barely play. (Been there, done that back in my younger years.)

There's some "head issues" going on here, which can be contagious. It's the kind of stuff you expect with a jacked-up locker room, or a team who is up against a trade deadline that is expected to cause havoc. What the Jazz' issue is, is beyond my knowledge. I do, however, expect them to get their sh** together. Whether that happens naturally or by shaking up rotations/roster is TBD.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#15 » by sipclip » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:29 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:

It won't last, and they'll be shamefully booted out of the playoffs posthaste this season too.
I'm not sure it won't last with Portland and they also have one of the youngest teams in the nba with plenty of future growth. That is something that can't be said about us. We stood pat with an older team. They stood pat with an extremely young team. Really big difference.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#16 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:44 pm

sipclip wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

I'm not sure it won't last with Portland and they also have one of the youngest teams in the nba with plenty of future growth. That is something that can't be said about us. We stood pat with an older team. They stood pat with an extremely young team. Really big difference.

Lillard and CJ are 27-28, and they are what matters. The rest of their team being that young is actually not that good for them, because they lack experience and knowledge of how to win in the league. Yes, they are younger, but their talent that matters is not that young anymore. Maybe is Simons, if he ends up being good. I like Collins too.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#17 » by sipclip » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:53 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
sipclip wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:It won't last, and they'll be shamefully booted out of the playoffs posthaste this season too.

Lillard and CJ are 27-28, and they are what matters. The rest of their team being that young is actually not that good for them, because they lack experience and knowledge of how to win in the league. Yes, they are younger, but their talent that matters is not that young anymore. Maybe is Simons, if he ends up being good. I like Collins too.
They have their stars in place and I completely disagree that having the rest of that team so young is not a good thing. They have a great mix of nba ready role players in Aminu, Harkless, Nurkic, Turner and Curry that are all still relatively young and then some higher upside young players in Collins and Swanigan who are not quite there yet but still able to contribute sporadically and by the end of the season I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them contributing consistently. Then they have 3 other role players in Layman, Stauskas and Leonard that are all capable of providing a spark. I didn't mention Simons because I don't see him doing anything this year but you all know that I think he is going to end up being a beast in a few years. The guy the jazz should have drafted.

eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#18 » by eLo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:55 pm

tough schedule ... what tough schedule, as we lost most of our home games. some where saying this summer that we are contender like team, i guess such "elite" team should not blame schedule any more :P
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#19 » by zero24gravity » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:11 pm

sipclip wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

The Jazz are an old team? They are right in the middle of the league in team age, but if you take out Thabo & Udoh, who barely play, then only Ingles (31) is over 28. Their starters are 22, 26, 28, 27, 31.

https://herosports.com/nba/oldest-youngest-teams-start-2018-19-season-byby

EDIT: you did say "older", so I guess that's true compared to Portland. Still, I think the Jazz qualify as a pretty young team.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#20 » by sipclip » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:15 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
sipclip wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:It won't last, and they'll be shamefully booted out of the playoffs posthaste this season too.

The Jazz are an old team? They are right in the middle of the league in team age, but if you take out Thabo & Udoh, who barely play, then only Ingles (31) is over 28. Their starters are 22, 26, 28, 27, 31.

https://herosports.com/nba/oldest-youngest-teams-start-2018-19-season-byby
We are an older team. The nba is a young league and from a seasons played perspective we are one of the older teams in the league. We have very few players on our team that actually would be viewed as having upside.

Return to Utah Jazz