Kyle Korver

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Re: Kyle Korver 

Post#101 » by Luigi » Sun Dec 2, 2018 10:48 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:2nd round picks can be bought. We traded Burks and somewhere in the ballpark of a couple million for Korver. Fine with me. The Jazz have shown they will buy picks if they believe in a player. No reason to worry about it.

They should be taking risks on one or two second round players every year and a GLeauger, instead of waiting for one they believe in. It's a numbers game.

I hope Korver keeps looking as useful as he did though. 20 minutes a night was more than I was expecting out of him, so that's good.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#102 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 6:04 am

Luigi wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:2nd round picks can be bought. We traded Burks and somewhere in the ballpark of a couple million for Korver. Fine with me. The Jazz have shown they will buy picks if they believe in a player. No reason to worry about it.

They should be taking risks on one or two second round players every year and a GLeauger, instead of waiting for one they believe in. It's a numbers game.

I hope Korver keeps looking as useful as he did though. 20 minutes a night was more than I was expecting out of him, so that's good.

I agree. They should take those risks. And they still can. They can buy a couple second round picks. Think of it this way....If Korver helps them make the playoffs by adding space and a little three point shooting then money they will make in the playoffs will pay for second round draft picks easy. And that’s assuming the Jazz need to even get more second round picks.
@ndrew
Analyst
And1: 198

Post#103 » by @ndrew » Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:40 am

10 Alec Burks 22:44 2-10 1-5 4-5 0 2 2 1 3 1 0 1 -22 9

Picks can be bought or we can just look thru undrafted / free agents players. Kyle experience can be good for our team. I don't think it's enough for deep play-off run, but still can be entertaining.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#104 » by zero24gravity » Mon Apr 1, 2019 10:55 pm

Bumping an old thread to announce KK's candidacy for an NBA awards I didn't realize existed. .....

https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-conley-khris-middleton-steven-181622771.html
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#105 » by Cappy_Smurf » Tue Apr 2, 2019 3:49 am

For once I'd like to see Utah draft 4 guys in the 2nd round and waste 4 roster spots all season on those scrubs, just so that people can have something different to complain about. Because I worry about the complainers getting bored.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#106 » by dautjazz » Tue Apr 2, 2019 5:34 pm

For as much crap as you could give the Jazz for trading a player 10 years younger for guy soon on the way out, this trade helped our turn our season around. Korver has been instrumental in our success. I think he could be around for another 2-3 years in a similar role. In a day and age where players don't sign big contracts, what more can you ask for. Burks was never healthy, and unfortunately never became the big time, 20+ppg scorer I thought and perhaps others did too. We definitely won this trade, and I wish Burks the best in his future.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#107 » by sipclip » Wed Apr 3, 2019 12:16 am

That trade did not turn our season around. The schedule easing up turned our season around. Korver has been solid but I think we would be every bit as good with Alec still on this team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#108 » by dr0welf » Wed Apr 3, 2019 1:55 am

sipclip wrote:That trade did not turn our season around. The schedule easing up turned our season around. Korver has been solid but I think we would be every bit as good with Alec still on this team.

You might be right, and I agree the schedule definitely made the turn around possible. Burks had a hard time getting trusted minutes from Quin where Korver seems to have a green light on everything. Also, Korver has earned the respect around the league of a lights out shooter, that does help spread the floor more then Burks who was more of a driving threat which teams were playing back on defense a bit.

Also, Spida's shot seems to have gotten better. I have to wonder if Korver has taught DM anything on the shooting fundamentals as well?

You might be right, but I have to think we are better off with Korver even though I do like Burks and hope he comes back next year. Release Allen and sign Burks.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#109 » by KqWIN » Wed Apr 3, 2019 1:58 am

At some point, we're just going to have to accept that Alec isn't very good.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#110 » by stitches » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:39 am

KqWIN wrote:At some point, we're just going to have to accept that Alec isn't very good.

That moment is when we draft Nickeil Alexander-Walker... :oops:
Denizfeital
Starter
And1: 198

Post#111 » by Denizfeital » Wed Apr 3, 2019 12:43 pm

KqWIN wrote:At some point, we're just going to have to accept that Alec isn't very good.

Probably will happen when somehow, we accept also that Jimmer Fredette...well, nevermind :D .
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#112 » by Winglish » Wed Apr 3, 2019 3:36 pm

Kyle Korver does more for the Jazz the moment he steps on the floor than Alec Burks ever did.

Korver's mere presence frees up interior space AND space on the perimeter. Nobody ever sags off of Korver!

Sent from my SM-G892U using RealGM mobile app
MeestR
Analyst
And1: 429

Post#113 » by MeestR » Wed Apr 3, 2019 6:08 pm

I really like Korver and what he does with the Jazz's offense.

But one thing I have noticed with him is similar to what Crowder has done and is just now getting over. That is when the ball gets moving inside the offense, (Boler calls it the "spin cycle" or "washing machine" or something weird like that?) when it eventually gets to Korver, the ball is going up.

Korver is obviously very good at shooting. But it would be nice to see the ball go somewhere else from his hands sometimes too, if for no other reason then to keep the defense on its toes.
Luigi
General Manager

Post#114 » by Luigi » Wed Apr 3, 2019 8:49 pm

sipclip wrote:That trade did not turn our season around. The schedule easing up turned our season around. Korver has been solid but I think we would be every bit as good with Alec still on this team.

Korver has been helpful, and I'm glad we have him. But you're absolutely right, he is in no way responsible for the turnaround. In fact, there's not much of a turnaround to mention, and even for that it's not Korver, it's obviously the schedule.

Oh, and I think it's only fair to let go of Burks if we've also let go of Exum.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
Luigi
General Manager

Post#115 » by Luigi » Wed Apr 3, 2019 9:10 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:For once I'd like to see Utah draft 4 guys in the 2nd round and waste 4 roster spots all season on those scrubs, just so that people can have something different to complain about. Because I worry about the complainers getting bored.

Then you could rub it in all of our faces when one of them turns out to be good, right? Presenting a strategy, and saying we should do it, when we don't do it, is one thing. Complaining that people on a message board present strategies, well, that's altogether another thing.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#116 » by dautjazz » Thu Apr 4, 2019 4:13 pm

dr0welf wrote:

You might be right, and I agree the schedule definitely made the turn around possible. Burks had a hard time getting trusted minutes from Quin where Korver seems to have a green light on everything. Also, Korver has earned the respect around the league of a lights out shooter, that does help spread the floor more then Burks who was more of a driving threat which teams were playing back on defense a bit.

Also, Spida's shot seems to have gotten better. I have to wonder if Korver has taught DM anything on the shooting fundamentals as well?

You might be right, but I have to think we are better off with Korver even though I do like Burks and hope he comes back next year. Release Allen and sign Burks.

I rather hold to Allen honestly. Allen is only 23, and doesn't have the injury history that Burks has. Burks hasn't topped the 14 points that Allen just had in two months. Burks is 27, been in the league 8 years, peaked 5 years ago, and been riddled with injuries since.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#117 » by sipclip » Thu Apr 4, 2019 5:37 pm

Burks was playing the best ball of his career prior to being traded to the kings so to say he peaked 5 years ago definitely isn't true. On the kings I feel like he has had an identity crisis because when he does get minutes he isn't playing to his strengths which is looking to score and being aggressive. Instead he looks extremely passive and doesn't walk to rock the boat. Not a surprise since Alec has always been an amazing teammate but sometimes you just have to say screw it and show out. Even on the cavs he wasn't being very aggressive looking for his shot because he was surrounded by a ton of shoot first guys which led to him focusing on other aspects of his game. I'd love to have him back but I doubt it happens.

As far as Grayson goes I'm just hoping he can turn into a solid spot up shooter. He has a great looking shooting stroke but for some reason he has never been consistent from the outside. That is the rile that he is going to have to fill to stay in the league.

Return to Utah Jazz