Game 59: Dallas Mavericks (26-32) @ Utah Jazz (32-26)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,290

Re: Game 59: Dallas Mavericks (26-32) @ Utah Jazz (32-26) 

Post#21 » by babyjax13 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:30 am

KDBG wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
KDBG wrote:Veteran star that would take a back seat. Shorter years. Harris you get the max for half a decade. That's a tough pill to swallow to pay for an overachiever.

Harris is the real deal. I wouldn't hesitate to max him.

Better be a perennial all-star, or future one to get a max. Mitchell and Gobert will be that. I don't believe in Harris ever sniffing that realm. This is what kills teams and makes them mediocre. Recklessly throwing around their money to appease fans. The Spurs have had success for 2 decades cause they know how to use their money.

The Spurs know how to use their money? Or they just got lucky? Look at what they paid Gasol and Mills. Tobias Harris is one of the best stretch 4's in the league - if not the best. He led a worse team than Griffin had to a better record, and I'm inclined to believe that Harris is the better player. I'd max him, and not regret it for a second. That being said, I'm expecting us to sign Bledsoe. Milwaukee just has too many free agents to retain them all, and Bledsoe would be the easiest to steal. With Mitchell on a rookie deal, I don't mind offering a 2 year max to a player that doesn't deserve a max contract, and it's not like there is a massive difference between Conley and Bledsoe, and we wouldn't have to lose anything beyond Favors/Rubio to get him.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#22 » by KDBG » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:38 am

babyjax13 wrote:
KDBG wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Harris is the real deal. I wouldn't hesitate to max him.

Better be a perennial all-star, or future one to get a max. Mitchell and Gobert will be that. I don't believe in Harris ever sniffing that realm. This is what kills teams and makes them mediocre. Recklessly throwing around their money to appease fans. The Spurs have had success for 2 decades cause they know how to use their money.

The Spurs know how to use their money? Or they just got lucky? Look at what they paid Gasol and Mills. Tobias Harris is one of the best stretch 4's in the league - if not the best. He led a worse team than Griffin had to a better record, and I'm inclined to believe that Harris is the better player. I'd max him, and not regret it for a second. That being said, I'm expecting us to sign Bledsoe. Milwaukee just has too many free agents to retain them all, and Bledsoe would be the easiest to steal. With Mitchell on a rookie deal, I don't mind offering a 2 year max to a player that doesn't deserve a max contract, and it's not like there is a massive difference between Conley and Bledsoe, and we wouldn't have to lose anything beyond Favors/Rubio to get him.

If Harris accepted a 2 year deal, I'd be all for it. I'm just scared of the long term contract offers for players like that.
cojayar
Junior
And1: 106

Post#23 » by cojayar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:07 am

Rubio must go out of this team. He is a scoring liability. Useless. And today he was a turnover machine.

With Conley instead of him we would be contenders for the championship. Today Conley singlehandedly destroyed the mighty Cavaliers with a MVP like performance.

Instead of this we keep Rubio because is a good fellow.
Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Post#24 » by Pass_the_rock » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:04 pm

cojayar wrote:Rubio must go out of this team. He is a scoring liability. Useless. And today he was a turnover machine.

With Conley instead of him we would be contenders for the championship. Today Conley singlehandedly destroyed the mighty Cavaliers with a MVP like performance.
nstead of this we keep Rubio because is a good fellow.

speaking of cavaliers, Love had a dominant performance in just 25 minutes. Still better than players like Harris and Mirotic.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#25 » by LesGrossman » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:09 pm

cojayar wrote:Rubio must go out of this team. He is a scoring liability. Useless. And today he was a turnover machine.

Instead of this we keep Rubio because is a good fellow.

I was about to write something like that. But its useless because some people have a stereotype image of how a certain position should be played and dont have the imagination to see that its not the only way.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#26 » by stitches » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:21 pm

Pass_the_rock wrote:

speaking of cavaliers, Love had a dominant performance in just 25 minutes. Still better than players like Harris and Mirotic.

I can absolutely see us trading our pick for Love on draft night.
Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Post#27 » by Pass_the_rock » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:32 pm

stitches wrote:
Pass_the_rock wrote:

I can absolutely see us trading our pick for Love on draft night.

I think you can still build a good offense with Love as an offensive hub. He can be a very efficient scorer. While Mitchell is too hot or cold. Unless it's crunch time, Love is a better 1st option thru the length of the game.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,066

Post#28 » by Rauxcee » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:32 pm

No Love please.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#29 » by KqWIN » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:14 pm

Player does something well that he’s usually bad at -> Snarky comment about people being wrong. Scoring isn’t an issue when Mitchell and Rubio play like this. Problem is that they don’t play like this on a consistent basis.

Its nice to know that everyone can feel good about themselves when playing against teams not trying to win.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#30 » by sipclip » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:30 pm

Love as a 1st option is simply not feasible because he is not a great shot creator. Also the issue with Love is that you have to give up something good to get him while a guy like Mirotic could be free so you can keep the 1st rd picks that you would have to give up. He is also extremely injury prone and about to be 31 next year. All of that is a recipe for disaster that I have zero interest in dealing with. With all that being said I could see shortsighted Dennis being all over it and continuing to set this franchise back with his reckless disregard of assets.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#31 » by LesGrossman » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:12 pm

Love plays no defense. Bringing him in would instantly hurt/destroy the key ability of this team. Right now theres not a single weakness on defense in the starting lineup. With Love there'd be a never ending pick and roll switching him on a guard who would just blow by him.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#32 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:01 pm

Ricky had zero turnovers playing against the Mavs. I suspect the TOVs in the OKC game were a combination of three things: OKC doing an excellent job of anticipating passes and jumping in to the passing lanes, RR being out of rhythm from the All Star layoff and Ricky probably still being shook up a bit by all the trade talk.
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#33 » by vryadli » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:22 pm

Today he had 0 TO, So of course you are right in that too!

Return to Utah Jazz