Game 62: Utah Jazz (35-26) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (48-14)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Andri
Junior
And1: 251

Re: Game 62: Utah Jazz (35-26) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (48-14) 

Post#121 » by Andri » Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:16 pm

Perseus1966 wrote:Giannis only once extended his forearm (your commentators said that)dont be raptors fans .It was a great game and we liked it

I prefer to call this things after a victory, I don't like to be oportunistic. But boy, his arm seems to be everywhere. There is a couple more in this game alone, but I think we can agree that he is getting 'star treatment'.

And there is no reason to be salty about it, I called your team the best in the league!
He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#122 » by stitches » Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:38 pm

I didn't complain during the game but if you come here after the game and spew obvious BS I have no problem stating facts - Giannis pushed off like... 3-4 possessions in a row to start the game. Thanks Andri for demonstrating what we all saw. At some point he was not just pushing off but also sweeping away Gobert's hands.

My favorite part was when he tried to push off Favors in the second half the same way he was bullying Gobert and Favors didn't move an inch and blocked his shot. (edit: didn't block the shot but contested it: https://streamable.com/gkkzw)
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#123 » by KqWIN » Mon Mar 4, 2019 3:19 pm

It is what it is. I don’t think it surprises anyone that Giannis is allowed to get away with this. It’s not different from Harden.

Manipulating the referees and calls is a skill. I just wish our players had this skill.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#124 » by sipclip » Mon Mar 4, 2019 3:29 pm

Perseus1966 wrote:Giannis only once extended his forearm (your commentators said that)dont be raptors fans .It was a great game and we liked it
You have to be kidding. Giannis gets away with more offensive fouls than any player I have ever seen. He is obviously incredible but when he gets to play by a different set of rules he is unstoppable. Same things goes for Harden.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#125 » by Perseus1966 » Mon Mar 4, 2019 4:49 pm

thanks god there are replays and you can watch it live,the photos lie ,video doesnt.
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
Perseus1966
Veteran

Post#126 » by Perseus1966 » Mon Mar 4, 2019 4:50 pm

stitches wrote:I didn't complain during the game but if you come here after the game and spew obvious BS I have no problem stating facts - Giannis pushed off like... 3-4 possessions in a row to start the game. Thanks Andri for demonstrating what we all saw. At some point he was not just pushing off but also sweeping away Gobert's hands.

My favorite part was when he tried to push off Favors in the second half the same way he was bullying Gobert and Favors didn't move an inch and blocked his shot. (edit: didn't block the shot but contested it: https://streamable.com/gkkzw)

Favors fouled him or not?
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#127 » by stitches » Mon Mar 4, 2019 4:51 pm

Perseus1966 wrote:
stitches wrote:I didn't complain during the game but if you come here after the game and spew obvious BS I have no problem stating facts - Giannis pushed off like... 3-4 possessions in a row to start the game. Thanks Andri for demonstrating what we all saw. At some point he was not just pushing off but also sweeping away Gobert's hands.

No, he didn't foul him. What world do you live in?
Perseus1966
Veteran

Post#128 » by Perseus1966 » Mon Mar 4, 2019 5:17 pm

and Gianniws didnt push with his hand.

are these your commentators?
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,022

Post#129 » by SoCalJazzFan » Mon Mar 4, 2019 5:29 pm

@Perseus1966- you should stop now. The pics and video show what they show, regardless of what a couple of knucklehead announcers say.

Most of the fans on this site are rooting for the Bucks to make the finals and like Giannis, not only because of his fantastic play, but the fact that he appears to be loyal to a small market team and not another self-absorbed, primadonna a-hole like so many other superstars. Don't taint that with your petty complaints.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#130 » by sipclip » Mon Mar 4, 2019 5:35 pm

Perseus1966 wrote:and Gianniws didnt push with his hand.

are these your commentators?
Haha, I love how you post a video loaded with his offensive fouls and want to act like he isn't treated differently. The first 2 plays of the game were flat out blatant offensive fouls. No ifs ands or buts about it. Time for you to go back to your board.

sipclip
Head Coach

Post#131 » by sipclip » Mon Mar 4, 2019 5:38 pm

stitches wrote:
Perseus1966 wrote:

No, he didn't foul him. What world do you live in?
Seriously in what world is that a foul. This guy wants to act like Giannis isn't committing blatant offensive fouls and then turns around and thinks that is a foul. Very strange.

Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#132 » by Rauxcee » Mon Mar 4, 2019 6:33 pm

KqWIN wrote:It is what it is. I don’t think it surprises anyone that Giannis is allowed to get away with this. It’s not different from Harden.

Manipulating the referees and calls is a skill. I just wish our players had this skill.

This. Who cares if your player is a superstar and gets away with superstar calls. Its always been this way in the NBA. I'm jealous as a Jazz fan that we don't have a player that can do that.

The closest we get is Gobert getting away with moving screens sometimes, more than 3 seconds in the paint on occasion, and a little shoving under the basket. He does it. Oh well. Benefits the team. *shrug*
Stern Fixer
Rookie
And1: 282

Post#133 » by Stern Fixer » Mon Mar 4, 2019 8:18 pm

Rauxcee wrote:
KqWIN wrote:It is what it is. I don’t think it surprises anyone that Giannis is allowed to get away with this. It’s not different from Harden.

This. Who cares if your player is a superstar and gets away with superstar calls. Its always been this way in the NBA. I'm jealous as a Jazz fan that we don't have a player that can do that.

The closest we get is Gobert getting away with moving screens sometimes, more than 3 seconds in the paint on occasion, and a little shoving under the basket. He does it. Oh well. Benefits the team. *shrug*

Yes but a better solution would be to do away with the double standard in the NBA. Other sports might have a little of it, but nothing compared to the NBA. I had high hopes for Silver in this regard but have been generally disappointed. This is just ridiculous:

"But if you want to win, you have to teach a player how to win. That's why I don't believe in tanking, all that stuff. You don't learn how to win by losing on purpose to get a 19-year-old who you've never seen." -Rudy Gobert, 2017/18 Season
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#134 » by Rauxcee » Mon Mar 4, 2019 8:53 pm

Stern Fixer wrote:
Yes but a better solution would be to do away with the double standard in the NBA. Other sports might have a little of it, but nothing compared to the NBA. I had high hopes for Silver in this regard but have been generally disappointed.

I would love for the officiating to be fair and equal and for there not to be the double standard there is, but that has never been the case in all the many years I've watched the NBA. I will say I think it's gotten worse under Silver. There really should be consequences for blatantly bad officiating like that Harden travel. That goes beyond super star calls
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,293

Post#135 » by babyjax13 » Mon Mar 4, 2019 9:06 pm

Andri wrote:

I prefer to call this things after a victory, I don't like to be oportunistic. But boy, his arm seems to be everywhere. There is a couple more in this game alone, but I think we can agree that he is getting 'star treatment'.

And there is no reason to be salty about it, I called your team the best in the league!

That was definitely the thing I noticed most, is how much Giannis is allowed to clear away the defender with his arm. Most of his first quarter points were due to pushing off of Rudy, and had they been called, those minutes would have looked a lot different.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#136 » by soxperry » Mon Mar 4, 2019 9:40 pm

Yeah, i'll admit that I was a little surprised at what Giannis was getting away with in the first quarter. It's strange because that's not usually his game. Usually he uses his length and his fluidity to angle around people and strike quickly when there is a window. When he does get overly physical he tends to get called for offensive foul as he did with that spin move late in the game against you guys. He gets about two of those per game it seems like. Sometimes it definitely him being reckless and barreling into someone, and sometimes the player sells it but it's not really that bad.

If he has gotten any star treatment, it's only recently started to happen. Earlier in the season, he wasn't getting to line as much as he is now and he was being hacked every time he drove to the basket (in our opinion of course).

This game left a terrible taste in my mouth. It was an incredible effort by Giannis in a schedule loss game, on the road, and at altitude, and he really did everything he could. But you could feel the energy that the Jazz were playing with when they made their run. You knew those threes were going in the second they left the hands. Still.. it just stings to see your star play so well in a loss. The stats just don't matter at that point.

gg
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by Rauxcee » Mon Mar 4, 2019 10:59 pm

soxperry wrote:Yeah, i'll admit that I was a little surprised at what Giannis was getting away with in the first quarter. It's strange because that's not usually his game. Usually he uses his length and his fluidity to angle around people and strike quickly when there is a window. When he does get overly physical he tends to get called for offensive foul as he did with that spin move late in the game against you guys. He gets about two of those per game it seems like. Sometimes it definitely him being reckless and barreling into someone, and sometimes the player sells it but it's not really that bad.

You are much more familiar with Giannis than I am- but I assumed he upped his aggressiveness for 2 reasons: you were very shorthanded, and maybe for a little revenge. I thought Gobert played him great in their first meeting (took 30fg for him to score 30, and he passed the ball out a number of times). In the second match-up it seemed like he really wanted to take it to Gobert and out preform him. Which he very much did.

Anyway, your team is very likeable. Hoping for the best with you guys. Also hoping we could steal Brogdon from you guys this summer and you won't match. :wink:
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#138 » by ForeverRDjazz » Wed Mar 6, 2019 2:01 am

soxperry wrote:Yeah, i'll admit that I was a little surprised at what Giannis was getting away with in the first quarter. It's strange because that's not usually his game. Usually he uses his length and his fluidity to angle around people and strike quickly when there is a window. When he does get overly physical he tends to get called for offensive foul as he did with that spin move late in the game against you guys. He gets about two of those per game it seems like. Sometimes it definitely him being reckless and barreling into someone, and sometimes the player sells it but it's not really that bad.

If he has gotten any star treatment, it's only recently started to happen. Earlier in the season, he wasn't getting to line as much as he is now and he was being hacked every time he drove to the basket (in our opinion of course).

This game left a terrible taste in my mouth. It was an incredible effort by Giannis in a schedule loss game, on the road, and at altitude, and he really did everything he could. But you could feel the energy that the Jazz were playing with when they made their run. You knew those threes were going in the second they left the hands. Still.. it just stings to see your star play so well in a loss. The stats just don't matter at that point.

gg

Your lucky I wasn't the Jazz G.M few years back. Greek freak would've been a Jazz player FYI. Had my eye on him way before draft night. Great player and fun team to watch. Can't believe Suns beat them. Good luck the rest the way.

Return to Utah Jazz