Game 70: Utah Jazz (40-29) @ Washington Wizards (30-40)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Re: Game 70: Utah Jazz (40-29) @ Washington Wizards (30-40) 

Post#21 » by red4hf » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:30 am

The entire team is playing great...... The team defense on Beal has been fantastic, and Ingles deserves a lot of credit for that......
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,293

Post#22 » by babyjax13 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:38 am

Scott Brooks is such a bad coach lmao

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#23 » by Rauxcee » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:39 am

I'm surprised at the amount of Jazz fans at this game. It's more than I'm used to for a road game for us.
MeestR
Analyst
And1: 429

Post#24 » by MeestR » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:41 am

EKPE!
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#25 » by LesGrossman » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:42 am

babyjax13 wrote:Scott Brooks is such a bad coach lmao

No kidding. I cant get over the team he had at his hands back there in OKC...three MVP's PLUS Ibaka and prime Sefolosha PLUS excellent role guys. He failed to put a leash on the boneheaded guy who was the weakest of the three but took the most shots and had the most touches. Had they had a decent coach, man what a dynasty they could've been. There are so many better coaches out there in the NBA and europe, i cant believe he is still in the league.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#26 » by babyjax13 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:46 am

LesGrossman wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Scott Brooks is such a bad coach lmao

No kidding. I cant get over the team he had at his hands back there in OKC...three MVP's PLUS Ibaka and prime Sefolosha PLUS excellent role guys. He failed to put a leash on the boneheaded guy who was the weakest of the three but took the most shots and had the most touches. Had they had a decent coach, man what a dynasty they could've been. There are so many better coaches out there in the NBA and europe, i cant believe he is still in the league.

I'd hate to root for a team that's run by Grunfeld and Brooks.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#27 » by LesGrossman » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:50 am

The help defense of this team has become nothing short of amazing. If you watch the cutting and driving lanes even after beating the primary defender, guys step into the direct line just for a moment, show in front of the ball, return...its like a ballett right now. I think that next to Gobert, Rubio is the best help defender, but evne guys who i didnt expect to show up do play serious defense, like Korver, also didnt expect Favors to be that much of a presence on D. Its really worth taking the eyes off of the ball and following the action away from it. The misses and turnovers are not coincidential.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Rauxcee » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:53 am

Ricky is just embarrassing the Wizards now.
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#29 » by LesGrossman » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:54 am

A bit behind watching...wow i hate what Mitchell did to end the 2nd quarter. Its a real disease spreading around the league, the manifestation of putting your individual stats over team success. He got the ball with 1.1 sec from Rubio in the backcourt and intentionally dribbled out the clock just to take a "pretend" heave after the buzzer. I'm sure he would have shot it last year. I recommend following this, it tells a lot about guys. Guys who actually shoot, other than the obvious Steph Curry, are PG13, Harden. Its a winner thing imho.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Rauxcee » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:09 am

LesGrossman wrote:A bit behind watching...wow i hate what Mitchell did to end the 2nd quarter. Its a real disease spreading around the league, the manifestation of putting your individual stats over team success. He got the ball with 1.1 sec from Rubio in the backcourt and intentionally dribbled out the clock just to take a "pretend" heave after the buzzer. I'm sure he would have shot it last year. I recommend following this, it tells a lot about guys. Guys who actually shoot, other than the obvious Steph Curry, are PG13, Harden. Its a winner thing imho.

What a bizarre thing to criticize. The Jazz had a 12 point lead and there was 1.1 seconds left and he got the ball way in the backcourt. That is such a low percentage shot and is very unlikely to go in. There is no reason to shoot that in the situation they ended the half in.

Mitchell usually takes those last second heaves often, there was no need to in that moment. Also, Mitchell is one of the last people I would say cares about individual stats more than team success. Just a bizarre assessment for that play.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#31 » by babyjax13 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:13 am

Rauxcee wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:A bit behind watching...wow i hate what Mitchell did to end the 2nd quarter. Its a real disease spreading around the league, the manifestation of putting your individual stats over team success. He got the ball with 1.1 sec from Rubio in the backcourt and intentionally dribbled out the clock just to take a "pretend" heave after the buzzer. I'm sure he would have shot it last year. I recommend following this, it tells a lot about guys. Guys who actually shoot, other than the obvious Steph Curry, are PG13, Harden. Its a winner thing imho.

What a bizarre thing to criticize. The Jazz had a 12 point lead and there was 1.1 seconds left and he got the ball way in the backcourt. That is such a low percentage shot and is very unlikely to go in. There is no reason to shoot that in the situation they ended the half in.

Mitchell usually takes those last second heaves often, there was no need to in that moment. Also, Mitchell is one of the last people I w :evil: ould say cares about individual stats more than team success. Just a bizarre assessment for that play.

Honestly I kinda agree with the original assessment. Mitchell does take it when it matters, but I think you should *always* take the heave. You never know if it goes in, if another team will go on a run, etc.

JColl
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#32 » by LesGrossman » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:23 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:

Mitchell usually takes those last second heaves often, there was no need to in that moment. Also, Mitchell is one of the last people I w :evil: ould say cares about individual stats more than team success. Just a bizarre assessment for that play.

Honestly I kinda agree with the original assessment. Mitchell does take it when it matters, but I think you should *always* take the heave. You never know if it goes in, if another team will go on a run, etc.

Its a very poor play objectively. Theres just no rational reason not to shoot (other than protecting your 3pt %). Just saw a whole feature length video about it...most guys do it these days. To be honest, i find the "fake" shot even more annoying than the actual refusal, like we are supposed to believe these guys dont know the clock.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#33 » by sipclip » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:23 am

Yep no reason not to take the shot.

This team is really rolling right now but it is hard to tell if it is fools gold though because of the competition. The best part right now though is the way Neto has been looking. He is giving us great minutes at the backup pg spot right now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#34 » by babyjax13 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:29 am

LesGrossman wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:

Its a very poor play objectively. Theres just no rational reason not to shoot (other than protecting your 3pt %). Just saw a whole feature length video about it...most guys do it these days. To be honest, i find the "fake" shot even more annoying than the actual refusal, like we are supposed to believe these guys dont know the clock.

He did it last game, too, almost said something about it then. I don't think he's doing it to thumb his nose at anyone, I think he's not planning on taking it and then just throws it after the buzzer for fun.

JColl
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#35 » by LesGrossman » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:31 am

So whats with Favors any news? I'm on Wizards feed
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#36 » by BudTugly » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:33 am

LesGrossman wrote:So whats with Favors any news? I'm on Wizards feed

They said hammy soreness
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#37 » by dr0welf » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:36 am

his hammy tightened up, better safe then sorry
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#38 » by KqWIN » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:44 am

I'm getting real nervous about all these injuries. We're never lucky.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#39 » by KqWIN » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:52 am

It's always nice to win, but there really isn't much to take away from these games against bad teams. Just like we weren't a terrible team when we dropped 3 out of 4 easy ones, it's not like we're suddenly a great team now that we're dominating bad teams. The team is what it is and we know how good they are. Just a matter of showing up when it matters, and it doesn't really matter right now.

Even in a dominant win today you still see our bad habits and weaknesses. The pump fake and drive disease was all over the place.
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#40 » by LesGrossman » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:21 am

babyjax13 wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

He did it last game, too, almost said something about it then. I don't think he's doing it to thumb his nose at anyone, I think he's not planning on taking it and then just throws it after the buzzer for fun.

As we talk about it, pls go to Spurs vs. Warriors and look at the end of the first quarter. ;)
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Return to Utah Jazz