Game 4: Utah Jazz (0-3) Vs. Houston Rockets (3-0)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Is this the last game of the season for the Jazz?

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes: 29

KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Re: Game 4: Utah Jazz (0-3) Vs. Houston Rockets (3-0) 

Post#101 » by KqWIN » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:51 am

Rauxcee wrote:
stitches wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:Rubio's fault that we have to go to play a game 5. That guy.

The heart and fight the team played with tonight (not Ingles) is what I've been waiting to see all series. They likely lose game 5, but I'm happy for the guys. Nobody likes getting swept.

I'll also say the the gimmick defense has looked better each game. Still hate it though.

The thing you can never question about Rubio is his heart and effort. I've never seen him slump his shoulders or give up. And again... for good or bad you always get 100% of Rubio.

He's probably been the most consistent player this series.

It's also why I wouldn't mind keeping him. If we can get a good shooting PG and Rubio is okay with it, I'd love him coming off the bench.

How spicy is it to say that he's matched, or even outplayed Paul in this series?

They haven't really matched up with each other, but just a thought...
Stern Fixer
Rookie
And1: 282

Post#102 » by Stern Fixer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:03 am

So proud of these guys right now. I wish somebody could fix Rubio's shot, but still he's such a great competitor - NEVER BACKS DOWN!!! Loved how he got in Harden's grill a few games ago. I think he's been our most valuable player this series overall. It would have been so easy to give up after the shellacking in Houston, but Rubio put us in a position to win in game three with his hustle and pesky defense and tonight he really inspired Mitch with his slashing to the cup and trademark D. What can you say about Mitch, but he's back! Just so discouraging going against a juggernaut offensive powerhouse like Houston - got the better of Mitch to begin with. Of course, Crowder deserves major kudos for his performance tonight - really dug deep and played within himself and with intensity. And of course I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Royce O'Neale and my personal favorite Derrick Favors - just solid all series. Now I hope that Snyder pulls his head out and uses Faves like he did tonight. No offense to Gobert, but Faves is money and deserves to be on the floor during crunch time playing center.
"But if you want to win, you have to teach a player how to win. That's why I don't believe in tanking, all that stuff. You don't learn how to win by losing on purpose to get a 19-year-old who you've never seen." -Rudy Gobert, 2017/18 Season
Blackie
Junior
And1: 20

Post#103 » by Blackie » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:48 am

It was a team effort. I was happy to see Mitchell come alive in the fourth quarter. He played like an all star during the fourth quarter. I don't know what is going to happen in Houston, but we are capable of winning.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#104 » by FJS » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:23 am

We fought, and still lost a lot of open 3's.
It's a shame Ingles is missed in those series.
Favors is working better than Gobert.
Denizfeital
Starter
And1: 198

Post#105 » by Denizfeital » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:52 pm

A must needed win. I think Rubio attacking the basket was amazing to see. For me he was the player of the game. Kudos to Favors as well.

It is against the odds to win the series (specially down 3-0), but man, little things could changed the series entirely. It is going to be tough to swallow that lost in Game 3 for a while.

Imagine us going back to Houston splitting the series.

Anyway, like they say "one game at time"....

I am kind of feeling confident again.

Go Jazz!
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#106 » by zero24gravity » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Game ball to Crowder for the 1st quarter energy he provided (and for making shots)
Game ball to Rubio for aggressive play, keeping the pressure on the Rockets, finishing at the rim, and dropping dimes
Game ball to O'Neale for all-around good play on D & O
Game ball to Mitchell for the 4th quarter; SPECIAL

Still, the hero of that game was a guy way too many Jazz fans dismiss & want to replace .... FAVORS FAVORS FAVORS FAVORS. Dude is a consistent beast who would be a starting center on 75% of the NBA teams, and I think could be an All Star in the Least. Offensive rebounds, consistency, toughness, strength, not backing down, hands, defense, awesomeness.

I LOVE Rudy, but he disappeared & was one of only a couple Jazz players (hello Ingles??? ... Is Korver ok?) that weren't looking fully engaged.

Super Favors to the rescue!
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#107 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:39 pm

With back against the wall, you live another day....Congrats Fellas !!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#108 » by eLo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:07 pm

T Mac Alex wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Ballsy move by Snyder to bench Gobert. Instant payoff from Favors. 3x massive offensive rebounds.

Quin’s a great coach. Brave decision to sit one of the two stars of this team.

to be honest the way Gob plays his lat minutes he basicaly benched himself :P

Royce and Fav should start next game instead Jingels and Gob
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#109 » by dr0welf » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:19 am

for the record, at the end of the game Houston went with a small lineup. Gobert is never going to be the guy that can continuously guard one of the best 3pt shooters in the game and still be a threat inside. Good move by Quinn to sit him for Favors, but all respect to Gobert for accepting it like a champion.
eLo
Sixth Man

Post#110 » by eLo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:55 am

dr0welf wrote:for the record, at the end of the game Houston went with a small lineup. Gobert is never going to be the guy that can continuously guard one of the best 3pt shooters in the game and still be a threat inside. Good move by Quinn to sit him for Favors, but all respect to Gobert for accepting it like a champion.

for the record he lost ball twice in crunch time, that doesnt have nothing to do with smal ball, and he is a player, player should do what ever coach will order and thats it. Those are another play offs when he cant stand pressure, not like Fav who is mentally much stronger, so stop talking this bs that "he accept it like champ" guy want to run away from the floor, i guess he was grateful that Q took him off
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#111 » by BudTugly » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:23 pm

eLo wrote: want to run away from the floor, i guess he was grateful that Q took him off

Seems a little overboard there ace.
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#112 » by dr0welf » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:42 am

eLo wrote:
dr0welf wrote:for the record, at the end of the game Houston went with a small lineup. Gobert is never going to be the guy that can continuously guard one of the best 3pt shooters in the game and still be a threat inside. Good move by Quinn to sit him for Favors, but all respect to Gobert for accepting it like a champion.

for the record he lost ball twice in crunch time, that doesnt have nothing to do with smal ball, and he is a player, player should do what ever coach will order and thats it. Those are another play offs when he cant stand pressure, not like Fav who is mentally much stronger, so stop talking this bs that "he accept it like champ" guy want to run away from the floor, i guess he was grateful that Q took him off

He's a competitor and wants to be on the court and win the game. He allowed the team to be ahead of himself... props to him. No reason to hate
eLo
Sixth Man

Post#113 » by eLo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:40 am

dr0welf wrote:
eLo wrote:

He's a competitor and wants to be on the court and win the game. He allowed the team to be ahead of himself... props to him. No reason to hate

you know him, talk with him? i know it just from his body language, but if You have some insiders knowledge then i apologize, plus i just judge his performance, if you play bad and some one says you did play bad i guess this days its know as hate :crazy:
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#114 » by dr0welf » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:51 pm

eLo wrote:
dr0welf wrote:
eLo wrote:for the record he lost ball twice in crunch time, that doesnt have nothing to do with smal ball, and he is a player, player should do what ever coach will order and thats it. Those are another play offs when he cant stand pressure, not like Fav who is mentally much stronger, so stop talking this bs that "he accept it like champ" guy want to run away from the floor, i guess he was grateful that Q took him off

you know him, talk with him? i know it just from his body language, but if You have some insiders knowledge then i apologize, plus i just judge his performance, if you play bad and some one says you did play bad i guess this days its know as hate :crazy:

LOL, one bad game and he can't handle the pressure? That's BS and if you watch the Jazz as you claim you would realize that Gobert is one of the players that cares and tries his best. He puts his heart on the court each time he plays and wants to be the best. And multiple times this year he has propped up Favors and sat when Favors has had it going. And Favors has had to do the same thing at times. These guys are competitors and want to win.
eLo
Sixth Man

Post#115 » by eLo » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:14 pm

dr0welf wrote:
eLo wrote:
dr0welf wrote:

LOL, one bad game and he can't handle the pressure? That's BS and if you watch the Jazz as you claim you would realize that Gobert is one of the players that cares and tries his best. He puts his heart on the court each time he plays and wants to be the best. And multiple times this year he has propped up Favors and sat when Favors has had it going. And Favors has had to do the same thing at times. These guys are competitors and want to win.

not one bad game, third in row poor play offs, i guess You watch only rs basketball :P :)
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#116 » by dr0welf » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:30 am

eLo wrote:
dr0welf wrote:
eLo wrote:you know him, talk with him? i know it just from his body language, but if You have some insiders knowledge then i apologize, plus i just judge his performance, if you play bad and some one says you did play bad i guess this days its know as hate :crazy:

not one bad game, third in row poor play offs, i guess You watch only rs basketball :P :)

So 7 blocks is poor? Your standards are unrealistic. No matter how you look at his playoff performance, game 3 was solid for him. So no way he had three bad games in a row.

Return to Utah Jazz