2019 Utah Jazz Off Season Thread

Moderators: DelaneyRudd, FJS, Inigo Montoya

KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 4,391

Re: 2019 Utah Jazz Off Season Thread 

Post#761 » by KqWIN » Fri Sep 6, 2019 7:48 pm

Some "shocking" numbers from Locke's podcast.

Shots taken from passes from Donovan Mitchell:

Jae's expected eFG (from an average shooter) - 57%
Jae's actual eFG - 46%

Rubio's expected eFG - 56%
Rubio's actual eFG - 39.6%

Favors expected eFG - 62%
Favors actual eFG - 48%

Whoa boy....

Bojan last year +5%
Conley last year +1.3%
Green last year +3%
stitches
RealGM
And1: 5,932

Post#762 » by stitches » Mon Sep 9, 2019 5:43 pm

Seems like Dante is back in SLC for open gym:
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#763 » by KqWIN » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:56 pm

The last piece of business this off-season is Royce O'Neale's potential contract extension. Nate and Danny settled in on 3/$16.5M ($5.5M flat). Seems like a good deal for a guy who is our 6th best player. I'm confident in Royce, I'd try to lock him up on a cheap deal.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 5,932

Post#764 » by stitches » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:22 pm

The thing with Royce is... you want to be the team to find a player like him, I'm not sure I want to be the team to pay him the big bucks. If this was the price I'd probably do it, but I'm wary of it becoming a Jonathon Simmons type of situation where he becomes unplayable and you have to keep paying him a nice salary for years to come. I guess as long as we are locked into this team(it won't hinder us from signing other FAs because we will be over the salary cap anyways) it shouldn't be a problem really.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#765 » by KqWIN » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:29 pm

stitches wrote:The thing with Royce is... you want to be the team to find a player like him, I'm not sure I want to be the team to pay him the big bucks. If this was the price I'd probably do it, but I'm wary of it becoming a Jonathon Simmons type of situation where he becomes unplayable and you have to keep paying him a nice salary for years to come. I guess as long as we are locked into this team(it won't hinder us from signing other FAs because we will be over the salary cap anyways) it shouldn't be a problem really.

That's fair...it just depends on the price. The other side of this is that you might miss out on an opportunity to lock in a good player at a good price. Mitchell and Gobert are getting close to blowing up our cap. Rotation players at cheap prices will become gold.
red4hf
General Manager
And1: 208

Post#766 » by red4hf » Yesterday 9:22 am

stitches wrote:The thing with Royce is... you want to be the team to find a player like him, I'm not sure I want to be the team to pay him the big bucks. If this was the price I'd probably do it, but I'm wary of it becoming a Jonathon Simmons type of situation where he becomes unplayable and you have to keep paying him a nice salary for years to come. I guess as long as we are locked into this team(it won't hinder us from signing other FAs because we will be over the salary cap anyways) it shouldn't be a problem really.

While that's a fair point, a $5.5 mil annual salary is basically half of the MLE...... And Royce has gotten better every year...... I think it would be a sound investment......
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 839

Post#767 » by pickIBL » Yesterday 9:18 pm

Whatever money the jazz have.... give it all to Pukki lol. Is it a violation if our pg brings it up with his feet... then kicks it up to gobert for the slam?
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
red4hf
General Manager
And1: 208

Post#768 » by red4hf » Today 11:38 am

pickIBL wrote:Whatever money the jazz have.... give it all to Pukki lol. Is it a violation if our pg brings it up with his feet... then kicks it up to gobert for the slam?

Biggest upset this century? That was one hell of a game......

Return to Utah Jazz