Now that the Western Conference first round is over

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

total1096
Freshman
And1: 75

Now that the Western Conference first round is over 

Post#1 » by total1096 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:18 am

Based on how the Jazz played, is there anybody else in the Western first round they would have defeated?
TO11
Senior
And1: 297

Re: Now that the Western Conference first round is over 

Post#2 » by TO11 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:07 am

Would have defeated Nuggets spurs and LAC, likely defeated okc or Portland, no chance against gs....that’s what I think anyways

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#3 » by sipclip » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:08 pm

If we shot the same way then we wouldn't have beaten anyone. Most likely I think we would have beaten the clippers and spurs. I think the blazers would have given us the same issues as the rockets and the thunder owned us this year. With the nugs I'm not sure. It would have been one hell of a series though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#4 » by vryadli » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:18 pm

OKC, of course. Anybody can beat (and did) them in PO as long as Westbrook is there.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,291

Post#5 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:31 pm

I think Houston and Golden State were the only teams we didn't have a good chance against.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#6 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:48 pm

I don't think it matters that much overall. Yes, we got a tough matchup due to the eventual seeding, but it doesn't change the ceiling of this team. So instead of a first round exit we'd have another second round exit--it doesn't make much of a difference. Bottom line is this team is not a real challenge to the true contenders. We are 2-8 vs the Rockets in the last two playoff series and 0-4 against the Warriors.

Some teams are about to take a step forward in the west next season, let's hope the Jazz manage to be one of them with a good free agency because staying at the same level, be it with this roster or a different one, isn't going to cut it or yield better results.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#7 » by vryadli » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:59 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:I don't think it matters that much overall. Yes, we got a tough matchup due to the eventual seeding, but it doesn't change the ceiling of this team. So instead of a first round exit we'd have another second round exit--it doesn't make much of a difference. Bottom line is this team is not a real challenge to the true contenders. We are 2-8 vs the Rockets in the last two playoff series and 0-4 against the Warriors.

Some teams are about to take a step forward in the west next season, let's hope the Jazz manage to be one of them with a good free agency because staying at the same level, be it with this roster or a different one, isn't going to cut it or yield better results.

OKC did a step in FA with PG... No change in PO story. Whatsoever. Same attitude - same results.

FA means nothing without proper team attitude and coaching. And Jazz performance in first 2 games has nothing to do with "talent". It was the same as in next 3 games, wasn't it?
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#8 » by KqWIN » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:35 pm

It's tough to say given how horribly we played ourselves. Hard to win a series against anyone when you shoot the ball that poorly against air. The Jazz did a ton of damage to themselves between the early defense, careless turnovers, and wide open shooting. Both Rocket series ended 4-1, but they didn't feel the same. Last year it felt like HOU showed their superior class. This year, it felt like we were right there except for our own self inflicted damage. How much of that is due to playing terribly vs not having enough talent? That's tough to say.

Despite the pessimism around this rendition of the Jazz, myself included, the Jazz are a very good, yet flawed team. As a forum, I think we underrated them and overrated some of the competition. I think we would have been betting favorites over everyone except for HOU and GSW...deservedly so as well. Any of the other matchups could have gone either way...but I'd have the Jazz over anything of them.

Return to Utah Jazz