RealGM
And1: 6,360

Re: Raul Neto is waived or traded 

Post#61 » by KqWIN » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:50 pm

stitches wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Conspiracy theory, the Jazz have someone lined up from Europe. NBA MIN salary with no experiences is too little for a high level European player to come over. But $2M might do the trick.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Post#62 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:53 pm

The 3rd string PG doesn't get to play much unless those in front of him are injured. In the Jazz's case, with Conley and Exum, that could happen. The problem is that Neto gets injured a lot too. I think the Jazz will fill that role with JWF.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#63 » by Winglish » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:07 pm

Raul knew he was waived 2 weeks ago. It was only a few hundred thousand dollars off from being able to save everyone but it came down to Neto or Bradley. Raul was told he was being waved due to position need.

Sent from my SM-G892U using RealGM mobile app
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#64 » by stitches » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:15 pm

Winglish wrote:Raul knew he was waived 2 weeks ago. It was only a few hundred thousand dollars off from being able to save everyone but it came down to Neto or Bradley. Raul was told he was being waved due to position need.

That sucks... do you know if he'd be willing to come back to the Jazz if he clears waivers for the vet min? Or are the Jazz just moving on from him and him moving on from the Jazz?
stitches
RealGM

Post#65 » by stitches » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:02 pm

Official:
Read on Twitter

:(
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#66 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:05 pm

Props to Winglish for breaking the news so early. Way before anyone else, as far as I know, including the media. That's some quality insider intelligence right there.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#67 » by eLo » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:49 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Props to Winglish for breaking the news so early. Way before anyone else, as far as I know, including the media. That's some quality insider intelligence right there.

yep, in this case shame that He was right, Exum contract never looks so bad as now, our depth sucks right now
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#68 » by ForeverRDjazz » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:50 pm

eLo wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:Props to Winglish for breaking the news so early. Way before anyone else, as far as I know, including the media. That's some quality insider intelligence right there.

yep, in this case shame that He was right, Exum contract never looks so bad as now, our depth sucks right now

Ex stays healthy we'll have the best backup PG in the league. Mark it down.
eLo
Sixth Man

Post#69 » by eLo » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:01 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
eLo wrote:

but he wont stay healthy we all know that
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#70 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:03 am

eLo wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
eLo wrote:yep, in this case shame that He was right, Exum contract never looks so bad as now, our depth sucks right now

but he wont stay healthy we all know that

Freak accidents. I'm still holding out hope. High hope he can finally stay healthy
Winglish
Analyst

Post#71 » by Winglish » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:29 am

stitches wrote:
Winglish wrote:Raul knew he was waived 2 weeks ago. It was only a few hundred thousand dollars off from being able to save everyone but it came down to Neto or Bradley. Raul was told he was being waved due to position need.

That sucks... do you know if he'd be willing to come back to the Jazz if he clears waivers for the vet min? Or are the Jazz just moving on from him and him moving on from the Jazz?
I'll ask. Raul was feeling upset and hurt about being waived. He loves it here so much!

Winglish
Analyst

Post#72 » by Winglish » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:33 am

Thanks friend. I wish it were better news. I feel bad for Raul. He has worked SOOOO hard in every aspect!

ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#73 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:34 am

Winglish wrote:
stitches wrote:

I'll ask. Raul was feeling upset and hurt about being waived. He loves it here so much!

Sure there's a team willing to fork up even more money than the Jazz. Kid has game if he can stay healthy also. Quick and nice stroke. He'll find a home soon. And hopefully a nice payday.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#74 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:38 am

Losing Neto this team just got a whole lot uglier. Seams like a really good team mate and wish him the very best.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#75 » by dr0welf » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:35 am

Just seems wierd, Neto is a stud. Wish I really knew if this was a financial issue... Otherwise WTH are the Jazz thinking?
eLo
Sixth Man

Post#76 » by eLo » Tue Jul 2, 2019 9:56 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:Losing Neto this team just got a whole lot uglier. Seams like a really good team mate and wish him the very best.

unfortunately team chemistry wont be the same in next rs, we all may like additions but lost are horrendous, all our player that we lost where truly devoted to this team. Plus i cant believe they picked Bradley over Neto, despite "position needs", ok Raul also have problems to stay healthy but he is truly talented guy, and Bradley ... well he is tall and thats basically everything good you can say about him :P
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#77 » by CAE15 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:58 pm

Wonder if the jazz waived him this early to offer up the minimum assuming he clears waivers? Or maybe they have their eye on someone else. Seems they wanted to keep him but the salary cap is a bugga

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
stitches
RealGM

Post#78 » by stitches » Thu Jul 4, 2019 9:31 am

Neto says his goodbye:

raulneto08

I was just a 23 year old kid when I got signed by the Jazz and never imagined I would have so many good memories with this team. I’m grateful for my time here and I would like to thank all my teammates and coaching staff over those 4 years for making me a better person and a better player. Thanks to the fans and everyone who supported me through the good and bad moments. I’m excited for this next chapter in my life. THANK YOU UTAH
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#79 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Jul 4, 2019 9:44 am

I'm still biting my tongue.

It's getting harder and harder.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#80 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Jul 4, 2019 10:05 am

Signed with the Sixers for the vet minimum.

Return to Utah Jazz